English Dubbed Haruhi

Posted by Arcadios

http://www.activeanime.com/html/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4722

This is bad.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I beg to differ. Who they picked for Mikuru is perfect. Haruhi is truly the only one they f'cked up on. Otherwise, Bandai did an awesome job.

Posted by Arcadios

I dunno...Original is always better...always.

Posted by Zeta

I didn't see 4Kids mentioned anywhere in the article, thus it's not that bad.

Posted by Arcadios

I hate Haruhi's English voice actor.
:(

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Arcadios: I hate Haruhi's English voice actor.
:(

No one does. I personally think she kills the entire experience.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I beg to differ. Who they picked for Mikuru is perfect. Haruhi is truly the only one they f'cked up on. Otherwise, Bandai did an awesome job.

So the one that talks from time to time is good, but the one that never shuts up is bad? Awesome job, Bandai.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: So the one that talks from time to time is good, but the one that never shuts up is bad? Awesome job, Bandai.

I know right? XD

Wait a second, let's solve all problems and just watch it in Jap. with subs! :O

Posted by Ant

Honestly, it really killed it for me and any chance of me considering getting the DVD's. All I can think everytime she speaks is about Faye from cowboy bebop. They should have gone with someone who's a bit less mature sounding...ugh. Everyone else is pretty **** close to what you would expect though, which is the real killer. :(

Posted by Average n00b

I don't really like most dub in general, in my opinion, the only dubs that are DECENT:

Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Pokemon(Back in the Season 1 days..Now it's just plain awful)
Rurouni Kenshin.

That's it. The rest that I've seen sucks. *Shrug*

Haruhi's voice actor isn't ALL that bad..

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Average n00b: I don't really like most dub in general, in my opinion, the only dubs that are DECENT:

Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Pokemon(Back in the Season 1 days..Now it's just plain awful)
Rurouni Kenshin.

That's it. The rest that I've seen sucks. *Shrug*

Haruhi's voice actor isn't ALL that bad..

You are missing Cowboy Bebop and GITS (movies and the show).

And she maybe a good voice actor, but she is no where near a good choice for Haruhi.

Posted by Average n00b

Ah yes. Sorry, I sounded like I was saying that the Voice Actor is bad. I hate it when people bash the voice actors so much. I mean..It's hard, I'm training to become an actor. I like all voice actors, don't get me wrong. But I feel that the job that most of them are doing is not right for THEM.

Eh. Bebop's dub was alright.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Tell me about it. I'm really getting sick of every casting director giving Wendy Lee parts just to give Wendy Lee parts. There have been so many roles in the last 5 or 6 years that she's been completely wrong for, but the publisher wants her name in the credits, so into the roles she goes. This'll just be one of thoes animes like Excel Saga that you just need to watch in Japanese, I guess.

Posted by Unite

eww people still watch dubbed anime?

Posted by Fate

I don't watch dubs. I did only once at it was with Saiyuki, only because the jokes were funnier in English (kappa = faggot).

I watched Haruhi and I have to say I didn't like it one bit. Who they get for English dubs don't matter 'cause I really don't care.
:/

Posted by Shade

I love it when I watch an anime for the first time in dubs, and I can tolerate it. But once I watch the same show in Japanese with subtitles, then go back to the dubs, I just hate it. Like Full Metal Alchemist or Negima.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Shade32: But once I watch the same show in Japanese with subtitles, then go back to the dubs, I just hate it. Like Full Metal Alchemist or Negima.

I'm with you on that one. I started off FMA with the sub, watching it with my brother. About..3 months later I went to the dub and my face was kind of..Twitching.

Bleach is the worst dub, IMO.
SoiFon sounds like a prep
Kenpachi sounds too polite
Ganju's voice is too deep
Kon doesn't sound like a pervert at all
Ichigo's voice is just effed up
Rukia sounds emo
Renji sounds like his vocal cords got butchered then went back.
Mayuri sounds more freaky then he should be
Toshiru sounds like an annoying little kid who says, "ADULTS R TEH EVIL!"

--

Anyway..Yeah. Not looking foward to the Haruhi dub.

Posted by Shade

Prince of Tennis is ****ed up, too. Kaido talks too much in the english version. He actually uses words instead of just grunts, it threw me off.

BELIEVE IT!

Posted by Shade

Oh, don't even get me started on that ****.

Posted by Average n00b

xD My friend where's a T-Shirt that says "BELIEVE IT!" It sucks arse.

"Hey, I'm gonna go take a crap, BELIEVE IT"

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I think they pretty much got that we all thought that "BELIEVE IT!" was really lame in Naruto. He hasn't said it at all in recent episodes. I'm sure they'll throw it in every once in awhile in the later seasons just for some camp value, but I think that catch-phrase has gone the way of "eat my shorts" on the Simpsons.

Anywho, there are a few animes that I absolutely love the dub of. Nadesico, Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (the original RoLW needs to be watched in Japanese, of course), and the entire Slayers series, for instance. Others, like Excel Saga that I mentioned, are so brilliant in their original Japanese that they never should have even bothered trying to dub it.

They got rid of BELIEVE IT?! Now it's just not worth watching.