Devil May Cry 4 no longer Ps3 exclusive.

Posted by TendoAddict

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774093p1.html

Quoted post: The Devil May Cry for More Systems
DMC 4 confirmed for 360, PC.
by Hilary Goldstein

US, March 19, 2007 - Nothing seems to go Sony's way these days. One of the PlayStation 3's bigger exclusives, Devil May Cry 4, is also coming to Xbox 360 and PC. To pour salt into Sony's wounds, Capcom announced that the 360 version would release simultaneously with the PS3 edition.

"Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest installment of one of Capcom's pillar franchises."

Having sold more than seven million units on PlayStation 2, the DMC series is ready to tackle the next-generation of consoles. DMC4 introduces a brand new protagonist, Nero, who uses the mysterious "Devil Bringer" arm to unleash "non-stop combos."

It's unknown if Capcom will offer unique content for each platform. However, in a press release issues today, Capcom stated that "each version of the game will be maximized to take advantage of the systems' strengths."

No release date has been set for Devil May Cry 4, though the console version are expected to arrive sometime this year.

Sony is loosing exclusives left and right. This one was (or seemed to be) on of the games the PS3 was banking on. No 360 has it.

Shocking, anywho discuss.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The one game most assumed would not go multi-platform has? What has next-gen done... Though this isn't just a Sony thing. The only franchise you'll never see on another system is Halo. Games just cost too much.

... unless MS uses some of its ****loads of cash to buy true exclusivity. But even then it will most likely be timed.

Posted by Last Fog

Now all it takes is metal gear and PS3 will really be in the ****ter.

It still has Home and Littlebigplanet. I'd buy a PS3 for both.

Posted by Ant

Most people wouldn't. I was planing to get a PS3 way down the line, but I'm very slowly starting to think of getting a 360 instead, and with DMC4 going over and it being one of my favorite series, it's only making me want to get a 360 even more now.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It still has Home and Littlebigplanet. I'd buy a PS3 for both.

Really? I think thats dumb. They both look interesting but not "spend 600 quid now" interesting.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It's good to see that, if the philosophy that earned sony so much developer support in the last two generations must continue, it is beginning to tighten a vice around their tender regions now. Software-makers want to develop for the system with the most userbase, hmm? Doesn't look like the ps3's going to be there anytime soon.

Quoted post: but I'm very slowly starting to think of getting a 360 instead,

... whoa. Wait, this is Ant, right? And not someone else on Ant's account, right?

Quoted post: Really? I think thats dumb. They both look interesting but not "spend 600 quid now" interesting.

I've got the cash lying around, so why not? I'm going to buy it eventually just to own it, so might as well buy it for a couple good reasons. I've spent more on less.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It still has Home and Littlebigplanet. I'd buy a PS3 for both.

I don't even know what those are and I'm pretty ON THE BALL.

Clearly, sir, you are not on the ball.

Posted by Big Boss

They want to develop for all systems. It's cheaper, and it's the current trend that big third-party publishers are going towards. Since the market isn't made up of tiny Microsoft and Nintendo slices with a giant Sony slice anymore, with more competition in this gen than the last and the rising cost of development, it's more cost-effective to make one game and then port it to all three as there isn't a PS2-like monster that people need to develop for.

Smaller developers will not be able to afford development costs for all three consoles in the first place, however. Instead, a lot of these will see their talents shifted to Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network. They're the best way to bring in creative, small developers so far into the console market.

Posted by s0ul

I guess I just didn't care much about GDC. Read up on them and... eh, not that excited, but I'm not huge on Miis or Achievements. I'm pretty effin' stoked that DMC's coming to 360, though. Between that and Virtua Fighter that leaves... well, zero games I care about on PS3! Rad.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

YES

Now Sony is done.

Posted by Zeta

Now the PS3 fanboys will shift from "YEAH WE'RE GETTING DMC4 AND YOU'RE NOT IN YOUR FACE FAGGOTS" to "Eh, DMC4 won't be that awesome anyways."

Posted by Slade

I'd say that all this does is postpone my purchase of a PS3 until six months or so after MGS4 is released. And the 360 got a little cooler. I don't like third person action games on Xbox pads, though. :(

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I'm going to buy it eventually just to own it,

Owning something for the sake of owning it is retarded.

Posted by KoH

I LOVE IT! DOWN WITH THE PS3!

You're all faggots. I never did understand the "down with sony" ****.

Posted by Zeta

It's because last gen Sony fanboys kept trolling the hell out of GCN and XBox players. Now that Sony is flopping around Nintendo/XBox fanboys want to get some revenge.

Yeah, that's kinda different than "lol down with sony"

Posted by Creedence

THANK YOU ***, oh and capcom. I've been hopign for this for some time. I thought since there had been some capcom games on the 360 (Lost Planet, Dead Rising, etc.) that maybe, not on release date, but sometime later they would make a version for 360.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're all faggots. I never did understand the "down with sony" ****.

Sony killed my father, and raped my mother!

wait im not an anti sony troll olOL!

Posted by KoH

I'm no real fanboy, I just find Sony's arrogance and ego displayed by their spokesmen annoying as hell. Because of this, I take great pleasure in watching them lose their limbs while still pretending as if nothing's wrong.

Posted by veritas

Ps3 will make a huge rebound soon enough. Nothin to **** ur pants over

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting 2fast4u: Ps3 will make a huge rebound soon enough.

Sony will make a rebound when the PS3 is cheaper.

The Ps3 will be cheaper when Blu-ray and other components are cheaper to produce.

It will be cheaper when the technology develops.

It could take some time for the technology to develop, the Look at the time between the two versions of the Ps2.

The rebound might take awhile.

Posted by Axis

Well, there goes one of my reasons for purchasing my PS3. I'm not too worried though, I've got other great games that are coming. Metal Gear, Ratchet and Clank, and many others.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Axis: Well, there goes one of my reasons for purchasing my PS3. I'm not too worried though, I've got other great games that are coming. Metal Gear, Ratchet and Clank, and many others.

You know Metal Gear is coming to the 360 as well?

Posted by Red

Attack of the Show did a "the loop" on this subject, and if CMC is no longer exsclusive it looks like, there'd going to be even more non-exclusives to Sony :(.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're all faggots. I never did understand the "down with sony" ****.

hmm whats with change of heart? You use to agree with them, why the sudden change?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

OH YEAAAA!!! Im so happy, i want to cry! DMC is my favorite series. I was crushed to find out that DMC4 was PS3 exclusive, because, well the PS3 is way to overpriced and really not that great. But since its comming out for the 360 I can continue on with the DMC trilogy!! W00T!!!!

Posted by Axis

Quoting Bebop: You know Metal Gear is coming to the 360 as well?

Unless some credible site announces it, I don't believe it is.

Quoting Axis:

But you know how possible it is, correct?

Posted by veritas

I dont see why they're gonna have dmc and mgs, 2 of there best game franchises go to xbox, while Microsoft wont let ps3 have halo. Well thats is basically the only good game franchise they have besides GOW.

Quoted post: hmm whats with change of heart? You use to agree with them, why the sudden change?

No I didn't. I was always going to buy a PS3 from the beginning.

Quoted post:
I dont see why they're gonna have dmc and mgs, 2 of there best game franchises go to xbox, while Microsoft wont let ps3 have halo.

Dur, because those are third-party games, and Halo is a massive first-party game?

Posted by Big Boss

I heard that Nintendo is looking to trade Mario once his $33.4 million contract is up for reconsideration next year, as well as two minor leaguers for Ratchet, Jak and Sly. However, Mario needs to make a big showing with the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy before Sony is seriously interested in the trade. With Mario, Sony can add another extremely recognizable face to their lineup along with Kratos for a dangerous one-two punch in the middle of the order. On the other hand, Nintendo can expand its roster with three proven, rising and solid superstars in Ratchet and co. Still no word on when Duke will make a comeback... or where.

Should be interesting next season, folks.

Posted by veritas

wow if mario goes. Nintendo is done for.

Posted by Zeta

Capcom and Konami are swapping MegaMan and Metal Gear franchises with each other. True story.

Quoting Big Boss: I heard that Nintendo is looking to trade Mario once his $33.4 million contract is up for reconsideration next year, as well as two minor leaguers for Ratchet, Jak and Sly. However, Mario needs to make a big showing with the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy before Sony is seriously interested in the trade. With Mario, Sony can add another extremely recognizable face to their lineup along with Kratos for a dangerous one-two punch in the middle of the order. On the other hand, Nintendo can expand its roster with three proven, rising and solid superstars in Ratchet and co. Still no word on when Duke will make a comeback... or where.

Should be interesting next season, folks.

On the other hand, Nintendo could just wait until the entire team is sold a few more seasons down the line for being unable to keep up a performance worthy of the hundreds of millions spent on their new stadium, ps3 park.

Who cares. There's only, like, one good Mario game for every ten that come out now.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Axis:

This was annoucned ages ago. Go rustle through the archives of any gaming site

[quote=Vampiro]Who cares. There's only, like, one good Mario game for every ten that come out now.

For a second there I thought you were being serious until I realized you were actually wrong.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Prince Shondronai: But you know how possible it is, correct?

Yeah, I know how possible it is. But there hasn't been any official announcement.

Posted by Zeta

Hell, I've been hearing a ****load of buzz about FF13 going multiplatform. If that goes, MGS4 is really all they have left. =/

Posted by Poco

Haha. You're kidding right? You'd buy it so you could go on a brown simulator and talk to the other 12 people who bought a PS3? You'd pay 600 dollars for that? Just FYI if you reacted to the news of Home by saying something like "Well now I have to buy a PS3!" you are a faggot

also whats it like having buttloads of cash to throw around

Quoted post: If that goes, MGS4 is really all they have left. =/

Not really considering you know there will be a lot of new IPs and of course GoW3 and all the other currently existing IPs Sony has.

Quoted post: You'd buy it so you could go on a brown simulator and talk to the other 12 people who bought a PS3?

I like the idea for lobbies and what it could do to online gaming, not necessarily for all the "second life" ****. But yeah, those on top of what I said above would make me buy one. Not exactly like I'm strapped for cash or anything.

Posted by Ant

you never answered his other question...what's it like to be rich?

Posted by Speedfreak

I have 2 spare posts for some reason. I feel spending one of them here to laugh at Sony's hyper-fail, train-wreck of a console after years of their sheer arrogance is well worth it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Posted by Fate

I don't think you've been keeping up with the news. :/

Posted by s0ul

How the hell do you figure? :-\

Posted by Fate

After all that's going on, he's still calling the PS3 a train wreck. Losing DMC4 hardly warrants it, don't you think?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: After all that's going on, he's still calling the PS3 a train wreck.

Well yes. I dont understand why you cant understand the logic behind. Mistake after mistake + poor sales + limited exclusives = train wreck.

Posted by Fate

Adding a rumble feature, establishing Home, and the little surprises like what was shown at GDC makes up for a lot of it.

Isn't the PS3 outselling the 360 during the same months post-launch? That's kinda sorta a success, right?

Quoted post: Adding a rumble feature,

Also, if there was anything to laugh at, this is it. When I heard about this I just shook my head and prayed for the PR folks. ****ing hilarious.

Posted by Shade

It was my understanding that PS3 was losing even to the ****ing GBA in sales.

The PS3 sold more in February than the 360 did during the same time last year. That's what I meant if you couldn't understand it the first time.

Posted by Shade

I didn't pick up on the intricacies of your post, Vamp.

Yeah, it was quite intricately written, wasn't it?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Fate: Adding a rumble feature, establishing Home, and the little surprises like what was shown at GDC makes up for a lot of it.

Baby steps. That's all it takes. Home, Little Big Planet, G[color=yellowgreen]od of War III and their make-up with force-feedback technology company Immersion have been positive announcements that have made Sony look better than they have at any point since PS3 development hurdles became public.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Cyke/LineToPhilHarrison02.jpg[/IMG]

As we were slowly walking a giant line into the Esplanade room at the Moscone South in San Francisco, many of us were expecting Phil Harrison to either say something stupid, or say something that could be twisted around into something stupid by certain media representatives and fanboys. What we weren't expecting was a keynote that would lift the spirits of developers towards the PS3.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Cyke/LittleBigPlanet.jpg[/IMG]

Little Big Planet was a joy, and it captured the heart of the audience. Media Molecule, developers of indie title Rag Doll Kung Fu, did a great job of showing the audience the great work they've done with its focus on user-created content.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Cyke/LineToPhilHarrison.jpg[/IMG]

After the hour-long keynote, we were all very excited at the possibilities of Home.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Cyke/PS3Home.jpg[/IMG]

Now, it wouldn't be easy to choose which version of a game to buy, as the Xbox Live Achievements now have some competition. You can choose to up your Gamerscore, or add accomplishments in the form of trophies and decorative paraphernalia. The settlement with Immersion clearly states that PR is just PR. They originally stated how a rumble feature wouldn't be necessary, and when proven wrong by both public sentiment and sales, they weren't stubborn enough to wait 10 years before deciding to patch things up. Also, their growing commitment and catering to independent developers is allowing PS3 to offer a library of quality games for the PlayStation Network as time moves forward.

Surely, this doesn't immediately spell success for the PS3, but it's very far from a train wreck. Exclusives going multiplatform are just the evolution of the industry. Oblivion and Saint's Row have also gone to the PS3 after being original exclusives for the 360. It's a lot less about the PS3 userbase, and more about the fact that there aren't that many gamers just taking over one single console.

It's a very exciting time to be a developer and gamer. Each system is slowly becoming more desirable as they improve and add to their services, making each stand out in their own ways.[/color]

Posted by Poco

Quoting Fate: After all that's going on, he's still calling the PS3 a train wreck. Losing DMC4 hardly warrants it, don't you think?

yeah but now that FF XIII's exclusivity is in negotiations, you really have MGS 4 as the only sure-fired console exclusive.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I like the idea for lobbies and what it could do to online gaming, not necessarily for all the "second life" ****. But yeah, those on top of what I said above would make me buy one. Not exactly like I'm strapped for cash or anything.

oh man phantasy star online had a lobby and it was [i]A ****ING REVOLUTION. Also, instead of being called a "faggot ******" over the speaker by a 12 year old, you could be called a faggot niger by a 12 year old's avatar. Again [i]A ****ING REVOLUTION

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I like the idea for lobbies and what it could do to online gaming, not necessarily for all the "second life" ****. But yeah, those on top of what I said above would make me buy one. Not exactly like I'm strapped for cash or anything.

oh man phantasy star online had a lobby and it was [i]A ****ING REVOLUTION

Posted by Axis

Yeah, the PS3 is selling more units than the Xbox 360 did this time last year. The PS3 is going to end up just fine. It is definitely helping that Blu Ray is winning the HD format war.

Quoted post: as the Xbox Live Achievements now have some competition. You can choose to up your Gamerscore, or add accomplishments in the form of trophies and decorative paraphernalia.

I'd still buy it for the achievements. That, and is it known whether there will be a universal friends list? Because if not, that's a massive strike against the console for me. I'm sure it'll eventually come though.

Quoted post: oh man phantasy star online had a lobby and it was A ****ING REVOLUTION. Also, instead of being called a "faggot ******" over the speaker by a 12 year old, you could be called a faggot niger by a 12 year old's avatar. Again A ****ING REVOLUTION

I never bother playing with random kids anymore, so whatever. Plus it doesn't have to be "zomg a revolution" just something more to look at and do than stare at names for ten minutes.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: Adding a rumble feature, establishing Home, and the little surprises like what was shown at GDC makes up for a lot of it.

No, it honestly doesnt. At all.

Also the rumble thing is so stupid. Dont even attempt to redeem Sonys mistakes by mentioning theyre using rumble. Honestly thats just ****ing stupid.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Yea the rumble thing is dumb, but back to Devil May Cry 4. It's probably going to look the best on PS3...and if theres no online than Xbox live wont be a reason to get it for the xbox. I think even though its coming out for 360, im still going to get it for PS3 for the true High Def expierence.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Bebop: No, it honestly doesnt. At all.

Also the rumble thing is so stupid. Dont even attempt to redeem Sonys mistakes by mentioning theyre using rumble. Honestly thats just ****ing stupid.

One strike against the console was that it didn't have a rumble feature like the other consoles do. Them putting it back in is great. Sony's showing of Home at GDC was pretty much this: Customization of Mii and connectivity of Live, put them together and make something new. Trophies are like the Gamerscore system of Live and the social connectivity is what Nintendo is trying to do. With games that look like they belong to the next generation like LittleBig Planet, still calling the PS3 a trainwreck is pretty ****ing stupid. Honestly. :)

Quoted post: It's probably going to look the best on PS3...and if theres no online than Xbox live wont be a reason to get it for the xbox. I think even though its coming out for 360, im still going to get it for PS3 for the true High Def expierence.

Ten bucks says it looks exactly the same. Also, Achievements, which counts as online. Which is stupid awesome, especially when you think how it can be used in a game like DMC. But yeah, it'll look and play the same, minus ****ty waggle on the PS3.

Posted by Zeta

Everytime I hear someone talk about this "high-def experience" bull****, I want to punch them in the mouth.

Quoting Fate: With games that look like they belong to the next generation like LittleBig Planet, still calling the PS3 a trainwreck is pretty ****ing stupid. Honestly. :)

You know, I just don't think LittleBig Planet will sell well, considering your typical Sony consumer is into GTA and GOW and all that ****. =/

Posted by Poco

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I never bother playing with random kids anymore, so whatever. Plus it doesn't have to be "zomg a revolution" just something more to look at and do than stare at names for ten minutes.

oh ok I getya now. My mistake.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Fate: One strike against the console was that it didn't have a rumble feature like the other consoles do. Them putting it back in is great. :)

Yeah, except they said that it was a last-gen feature and proudly denounced the importance of rumble. Now they're anxious to put it back in, thus making them look stupid and negating any positive effect putting it back in would've had.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: One strike against the console was that it didn't have a rumble feature like the other consoles do. Them putting it back in is great. Sony's showing of Home at GDC was pretty much this: Customization of Mii and connectivity of Live, put them together and make something new. Trophies are like the Gamerscore system of Live and the social connectivity is what Nintendo is trying to do. With games that look like they belong to the next generation like LittleBig Planet, still calling the PS3 a trainwreck is pretty ****ing stupid. Honestly. :)

Duh duh duh point get? As good as Home may be, and as interesting (and frankly already overrated) LittleBig Plant is it really doesnt make up for the amount of mistakes that have been made. You cant say "lol well they put rumble back so we can forget all teh bad thing ololol" so stop trying to brush it all under the rug :)

Posted by TendoAddict

Sony adding Ruble now proves they're full for sh[COLOR="White"]it[/COLOR]. Only a few months ago Sony said rumble was last gen. Now they're adding it, proving that they strait up lied. They could of said that they will probably add it later but development was focused on more important issues and no one would care. And people wonder why other people hate Sony so much.

Home is cool, but not system saver. The whole idea of it is really well thought out and I would look forward to it IF I was getting a Ps3. But when it comes down to it I don't see it as being as big of a impact as people make it out to be.

Quoted post: You know, I just don't think LittleBig Planet will sell well, considering your typical Sony consumer is into GTA and GOW and all that ****.

Exactly, I'm almost sad because I know what the PS3 market aims for and what type of a game LBP is. Just look at the top ten games so far on the PS2 and PS3. Its hardly looks like a market for a childish make it yourself platformer. I hope to *** this game does great in the sales and we see more like it in tell I die. But I can't say it will do great. : /

Posted by Fate

Regardless of what PR guys said, a rumble feature being put back on is a good thing. It erases the fact that it didn't have a rumble to start with.

I see Home as an Animal Crossing-esque feature. If you like collecting stuff, sharing stuff, or showing stuff off it's pretty cool.

Bebop, just stop talking if you can't properly read my sentences. I never said all was fixed. I said that calling it a train wreck is ****ing retarded. Why? Because the system isn't a failure.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: Bebop, just stop talking if you can't properly read my sentences. I never said all was fixed..

No, but you did say it makes up for more than not having a rumble feature, and then acted you were only talking abouy rumble. If you cant even remember where you stand on a topic, just stop posting.

[quote=Fate]Adding a rumble feature, establishing Home, and the little surprises like what was shown at GDC makes up for a lot of it.

Posted by Fate

Uhhh, thanks for proving what I said. "Makes up for a lot of it" refers to your post about how many mistakes they've made. I will restate what you just quoted and say I never said all was fixed.

lolololol

Posted by s0ul

A train wreck with a car or two removed is still a train wreck. [spoiler]lol[/spoiler]

Posted by Fate

Hardly the PS3, though. You really think I wasn't hoping for them to pull themselves out of the mess they made? I think they're off to a pretty good start.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: Regardless of what PR guys said, a rumble feature being put back on is a good thing. It erases the fact that it didn't have a rumble to start with.

Erases the fact that it didn't have rumble, yes.

Erases the fact that Sony treated rumble as last gen garbage and now is putting it in after saying it was pointless. No.

Quoted post: I think they're off to a pretty good start.

But with all of Europe treating the PS3 like it was six months late (because surprise, it was) they all seem like minute baby steps.

Its good that they got rumble back, they have a highly advanced chat room, and have a remarkably original game. But in the big picture the only way Sony can really start cleaning the wreck is to get a price drop. Price is the biggest barrier for people who want the PS3 and the more they can safely lower the price the better.

Posted by Unite

Nice to see sony putting rumble back into there controllers.

Posted by Shade

lol lame rumble is sooooooo last gen

Posted by Unite

Quoting Shade32: lol lame rumble is sooooooo last gen

I know, but it's good for kids who need it in order to play a game.

You fags sure know how to beat a dead horse.

Quoted post: But in the big picture the only way Sony can really start cleaning the wreck is to get a price drop.

no, they need games and support. Remember how much the PS2 sucked in its first year? Yeah, it was *** awful. A price drop will come eventually, but who cares unless there's games to play?

Then again... the Wii is selling through the roof and not even Nintendo knows that the **** they're doing.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: Uhhh, thanks for proving what I said. "Makes up for a lot of it" refers to your post about how many mistakes they've made. I will restate what you just quoted and say I never said all was fixed.

lolololol

Christ did you even read my post? I never said you said all was fixed, just that you think it made up for alot of its errors. And it doesnt. 1 or 2 good things doesnt jusitify how many screw ups theyve had so stop acting as if it does. Its not that hard a thing to grasp.

Home itself makes up for a lot of mistakes, or it at least speaks well for what will come in future updates. LittleBigPlanet also holds a lot of promise for future titles and ideas. They may not fix the oh *** horrible, tragic mistakes they've made, but it's a pretty **** good start and shows Sony isn't as arrogant, or ignorant, as everyone thought they were. Adding rumble back in and even recent interviews with Harrison is a pretty good indication of that. Either way, who gives a ****, as long as it all turns out well and we get a good piece of hardware with great software to match.

Posted by Fate

I'm still wondering what these oh***horrible mistakes are if the main ones are being addressed. Backwards compatibility may be a huge strike against it, but same thing with the 360 and look at what a beautiful machine it turned out to be.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Fate: I'm still wondering what these oh***horrible mistakes are if the main ones are being addressed. Backwards compatibility may be a huge strike against it, but same thing with the 360 and look at what a beautiful machine it turned out to be.

The people companing in this thread won't be buying one anyways.

So clue me in on how sony's "fix" for the whole rumble thing works. Do you just download something from their free service that magically makes the sixaxisofevil controllers you already own rumble? Or do you need to spend even more money on the most expensive console on the market?

Posted by Unite

Quoting Prince Shondronai: So clue me in on how sony's "fix" for the whole rumble thing works. Do you just download something from their free service that magically makes the sixaxisofevil controllers you already own rumble? Or do you need to spend even more money on the most expensive console on the market?

Probably have to buy a new controller, but if controller is too expensive for you. Then you probably should be worried about getting food on your table rather than spending it on games.

Quoting Unite: Probably have to buy a new controller, but if controller is too expensive for you. Then you probably should be worried about getting food on your table rather than spending it on games.

Not at all. I'm so rich I can fully afford to spend a stack of cash that would otherwise pay for a game title or three on controllers that would have been packaged in with the system if sony deserved my money. Thank goodness I'm a Nintendo fan. Not only do their controllers rumble, but Nintendo even threw in a nunchuck that they could have sold seperately amidst only minimal wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: no, they need games and support. Remember how much the PS2 sucked in its first year? Yeah, it was *** awful. A price drop will come eventually, but who cares unless there's games to play?

Games will come eventually, but who wants to drop half a grand to play them?

PlayStation's audience is the casual gamer, but how many "Casual" players are going to pay $600 for a system? When Especially the 360 is much cheaper option.

The Ps2 needed the games more because the price difference was a meagre $100. Now its jump $200 and that's quite a jump to make.

They need both games and a smaller price. Though I think price is the bigger of the two when casuals are the main market.

Quoting TendoAddict:
PlayStation's audience is the casual gamer, but how many "Casual" players are going to pay $600 for a system?

Actually, I think casual gamers are more likely than the hardcore to pay that much for a system. If sony didn't have the casual market who think the ps3 is awesome because it has the sony and playstation logos on it, I doubt they would have sold half as many ps3s as they have right now. Casual gamers are the ones "buying for potential" rather than buying to play games that are out right now.

Quoted post: I'm still wondering what these oh***horrible mistakes are if the main ones are being addressed. Backwards compatibility may be a huge strike against it, but same thing with the 360 and look at what a beautiful machine it turned out to be.

I think it's just people making **** out to be worse than it actually is.

Quoted post: Games will come eventually, but who wants to drop half a grand to play them?
PlayStation's audience is the casual gamer, but how many "Casual" players are going to pay $600 for a system? When Especially the 360 is much cheaper option.
The Ps2 needed the games more because the price difference was a meagre $100. Now its jump $200 and that's quite a jump to make.
They need both games and a smaller price. Though I think price is the bigger of the two when casuals are the main market.

Learn how to use paragraphs. And yeah, that's why it's called a barrier to entry. That's their biggest hurdle. But yet, it's somehow selling more than its cheaper competitor was during the same time last year. Huh, go figure eh?

Posted by s0ul

Probably because there were like 6 360's made during the first year of its release. They didn't become common until at least February even in effing Wisconsin, wheras even the little TCG store hobby shop downtown here has PS3s in stock.

As much as Sony has done dumb stuff, and as much as they make up for it, I really don't care. I'll get one once a PS3 is worth the 5 or so brand new games I can get Wii60 style. With a price like that, it'd have to be like 10 awesome exclusives. And not Shadow of the Colossus awesome. I mean actually awesome. Awesome awesome.

Posted by Bebop

On a somewhat related note I remember when Aioros's list of PS3 killer apps included a game where we knew nothing about it except for it's working title. Lol good times. Good times.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Although I'm not a Sony fan....I like the Gaming companies in this order...
1. SEGA
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft
4. Sony

I would get a PS3 for the ability to easily run Linux. Smae reason I like NDS, PSP, XBox, DC, PS2, etc. Although as a gamer there's not enough of a difference for me to care about either. The Wii's controls take some getting used to and just like last gen all of the games I want to play are spread out between the systems but this time Sony's console doesn't have much to offer as far as the type of games I want to play are concerned so for now I'll just stick to retro and homebrew gaming.

Posted by muffla

as of right now sony is not doing so well with the ps3, and i hate it, however i am shure that some ways down the line the ps3 will have some good games, maybe a price drop in october, and include rumble controlers. i have already started to save, couple of bucks here and there, to eventually buy a ps3. but i wil not buy one now or with solid savings, like i did with the 360 and wii.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Actually, I think casual gamers are more likely than the hardcore to pay that much for a system. If sony didn't have the casual market who think the ps3 is awesome because it has the sony and playstation logos on it, I doubt they would have sold half as many ps3s as they have right now. Casual gamers are the ones "buying for potential" rather than buying to play games that are out right now.

Casuals buy with a more bang for the buck in mind (the potential per dollar). Right now you can buy a 360 and Wii for the same price as the non-****ty Ps3. I find it hard for casuals to pass the potential of two systems for one even if it was the one that won them over last gen.

Quoted post: And yeah, that's why it's called a barrier to entry. That's their biggest hurdle.

And having that Hurdle smaller will help more people jump it. It doesn't matter how hard you want to jump it, if you can't you wont. It doesn't matter how many great games the has, if you cannot afford it wont matter.

I mean come on. Doesn't the fact that you can find a PS3 blind folded YET you have to be a psychic to find a Wii prove my point? This occurring when both have just about the same amount of worth while games (both sadly low). Saying games is the biggest issue for the PS3 when the Wii is selling like its release every day seems , you know, stupid.

Quoted post: On a somewhat related note I remember when Aioros's list of PS3 killer apps included a game where we knew nothing about it except for it's working title. Lol good times. Good times.

haha, yeah. Afrika. Those were good times.

Quoted post:
And having that Hurdle smaller will help more people jump it. It doesn't matter how hard you want to jump it, if you can't you wont. It doesn't matter how many great games the has, if you cannot afford it wont matter.

You'd be surprised. Of course a price drop will sway more people, but what's a price drop without any software. At least with the Wii you know you're getting the Mario and Zelda franchise. Seriously, you'd be surprised at what a killer app or two can do for sales. System sellers are called so for a reason.

Posted by Bebop

Problem is PS3 has not system sellers at all and from what we know now has none at all.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Bebop: Problem is PS3 has no system sellers at all and from what we know now has none at all.

What are you talking about Bebop theres already Resistance and... er.. Motor Storm.

Plus dont forget about what they have to look forward to. Like MGS4, Little Big Planet, and you know... Afrika.

You know what Vamp, you're right. The PS3 does need more exclusives games. Hell not even Killer Apps but just some thing only the PS3 has to itself. It didnt realise how littel the PS3 had to its own.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Prince Shondronai: So clue me in on how sony's "fix" for the whole rumble thing works. Do you just download something from their free service that magically makes the sixaxisofevil controllers you already own rumble? Or do you need to spend even more money on the most expensive console on the market?

...Are you serious?

What the hell do you think Sony would do? Ship them out to everyone for free? Yeah, because Sony needs to loose even more money than they already do. I'm going to go hope to *** that this post wasn't serious. And chances are, if you spent 500 or 600 bucks for the system and 60 bucks for the games, then you'll likely pay for the controllers no problem.

Axis, I was being sarcastic, ironic, and antagonistic. If you paid 500 to 600 bucks for a system, you shouldn't have to ever buy anything else for it over the course of it's entire lifespan. I probably won't spend $500 on the hardware side of the Wii over it's entire lifespan.

Posted by Axis

Ah, my bad. I don't see you on the forums enough to know if you're sarcastic or not.

But you say once you buy a 500/600 dollar system you shouldn't have to pay anything extra for it? I disagree. I'm still going to buy controllers for it, or the Blu Ray media remote. The same goes for anyother system.

Posted by Bebop

Thats stuff that comes out of the package. That means accessories. You shouldnt have to spend money on a console and then say spend more for it to work like updates. One is choosing to spend more, the other is being forced to spend more. Different ball park all together.

Posted by Axis

I see, in that case, I totally agree.

Quoted post: Problem is PS3 has not system sellers at all and from what we know now has none at all.

It will eventually.

Posted by Bebop

Possibly. But not right now.

Posted by coolness432

Quote:
Problem is PS3 has not system sellers at all and from what we know now has none at all.
This is why i think the problem always comes back to the ps3 is too expensive, No body wants to buy something for 600 dollars when they could buy an xbox 360 for 400, or to a lesser extent Wii for 250. Let's look at the past for a moment, one of my favorite systems the neo geo AES. It was an amazing system with perfect arcade control and game play. Problem? $600

Quoting coolness432:
This is why i think the problem always comes back to the ps3 is too expensive, No body wants to buy something for 600 dollars when they could buy an xbox 360 for 400, or to a lesser extent Wii for 250. Let's look at the past for a moment, one of my favorite systems the neo geo AES. It was an amazing system with perfect arcade control and game play. Problem? $600

Oh, definitely. If sony had been able to release the ps3 for $300-$350, there's no question that it would be selling like hotcakes because of the brand recognition alone. sony felt the need to shove blu-ray down everyone's throats, though, which I suppose they have needed to do with HD-DVD going head-to-head with the format. If they had gotten in on the HD-DVD format the way they did with the DVD Consortium, they never would have needed to invent blu-ray in the first place, though. Since the public isn't scrambling all over themselves for blu-ray players, though, all the player in the ps3 amounts to is an extra cost for gamers, which they're apparently not willing to pay.

Posted by veritas

yea but the blu ray players are like a thousand bucks and ps3 is really a bargain. But if you want to use it for videogames people probably would buy a 360.

Quoted post: yea but the blu ray players are like a thousand bucks and ps3 is really a bargain.

There's a 600 dollar blu-ray player now.

Who wants frickin' blu-ray right now, anyway? There's not exactly a huge selection of viewing enjoyment to be had there. If they start releasing seasons of shows for cheaper than on regular DVDs, I could understand, but a smidgen of an improvement in resolution for the paltry amount of hollywood movies that are available on the format right now is no reason to spend $600, I say. Also, it would probably be best to wait and see if HD-DVD is going to break its foot off in blu-ray's shiny plastic arse, or you might end up with the 21st-century equivalent of the Betamax.

Posted by Fate

You are aware that Blu-Ray is winning in sales over HD-DVD, right? Apparently a lot of people are embracing this new format. :cookie:

And plastic thimbles are outselling metal ones. That doesn't mean anyone of consequence wants thimbles of any kind. When there are uses for such things, then we'll see who wins the war.

Quoted post:
And plastic thimbles are outselling metal ones. That doesn't mean anyone of consequence wants thimbles of any kind. When there are uses for such things, then we'll see who wins the war.

Wow, what a horrible analogy. Also, that "smidgen of an improvement" is actually quite a large one given the right set-up.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: You are aware that Blu-Ray is winning in sales over HD-DVD, right? Apparently a lot of people are embracing this new format. :cookie:

Thats alot of stupid people.

I'm sure when average John Smith realizes he can only get them theres pornos with tha boobies he likes so much on HD DVD he'll come to his senses.

Seriously though Im fine with my DVDS.

And obviously a bunch of other people aren't. Seriously, big difference in quality. It's totally understandable why people would want to upgrade.

Also, apparently pornstars don't want to do HD. huh

Posted by Fate

This is a completely different age then the format wars of way back then. Internet isn't just for rich people and downloading [by buying or torrenting] is totally commonplace. The "porn wins formats" argument was only for back when people didn't have as easy an access to internet usage.

Posted by KoH

Everyone, despite their opinion of Sony, should want Blu-Ray to win. It's the superior technology. I say we don't make the same mistake we did with Betamax and VHS.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Bebop: Thats alot of stupid people.

I'm sure when average John Smith realizes he can only get them theres pornos with tha boobies he likes so much on HD DVD he'll come to his senses.

Seriously though Im fine with my DVDS.

If you had tv like mine, you wouldn't be fine with dvds

Posted by s0ul

Yes, but on the flipside, who ****ing cares?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting KoH: Everyone, despite their opinion of Sony, should want Blu-Ray to win. It's the superior technology. I say we don't make the same mistake we did with Betamax and VHS.

Its not like people don't technology to improve. Its just that we went from VHS to DVD when the technology let a major part of the population afford it. Now people are buying Blu-ray and High-Def stuff when its still quite costly. Now Mr.Joe-Blow-idiot thinks he's going to have to buy the new stuff because hes dumb and impressionable.

Quoted post: Yes, but on the flipside, who ****ing cares?

Sadly, a good deal of fools on this board.

Quoted post: ts not like people don't technology to improve. Its just that we went from VHS to DVD when the technology let a major part of the population afford it. Now people are buying Blu-ray and High-Def stuff when its still quite costly. Now Mr.Joe-Blow-idiot thinks he's going to have to buy the new stuff because hes dumb and impressionable.

... uh, no? There's always going to be early adopters. I don't think you remember how much a DVD player cost. It was just as much as a Blu-Ray player is now.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... uh, no? There's always going to be early adopters. I don't think you remember how much a DVD player cost. It was just as much as a Blu-Ray player is now.

I know there was early adopters to DvD's, and I know that it was costly as hell. But Early DVD's didnt outsell VHS untill the price was doable for the major market. Now Blu-ray seems to be outselling HD, though the prices are hardly comparable. I was just saying to KOH that its not like people don't want to move forward, just that idiots might think they are being forced to change.

Quoted post: I know there was early adopters to DvD's, and I know that it was costly as hell. But Early DVD's didnt outsell VHS untill the price was doable for the major market. Now Blu-ray seems to be outselling HD, though the prices are hardly comparable. I was just saying to KOH that its not like people don't want to move forward, just that idiots might think they are being forced to change.

Problem with what you just said: DVD replaced VHS. Blu-Ray is not replacing HD-DVD. HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are both trying to replace DVD. They're the next format, and they're going against each other. One outselling the other doesn't mean a thing because DVD is still vastly outselling both. Your comparison is really terrible.

Posted by Fate

The only problem is which of the two competitors will come out with the victory. Can HD-DVD players work with standard DVDs? I'm pretty sure they can, which makes it surprising that Blu-Ray was winning in sales to HD-DVD. Come to think of it, I don't think I personally own a single HD-DVD. We have a standard DVD library and one Blu-Ray disc, from what I know of. That really doesn't make any sense! :cookie: