Hayate The Combat Butler

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Wikipedia: 6-year old Ayasaki Hayate was the industry's fastest delivery boy, till he was fired after his employer found out that he was underage. Forced to support his terrible parents, who are unemployed, since he was nine, he is shocked to learn that they got his monthly payment of 17,000 yen. Returning home on Christmas Eve, he finds that they lost all but twelve yen gambling away his salary and garnered a 157,000,000 yen debt to the yakuza, who they pay off by selling Hayate's organs. Escaping from the yakuza, Hayate decides to kidnap a young girl, Nagi Sanzenin, for ransom money, but fails miserably by giving away his own name. In addition to that, Nagi mistakes his asking for her to come with him to be a confession of love. Just as Hayate lies down and waits to freeze to death, a bike runs over him and he meets Maria, who is looking for Nagi. Hayate is stricken with her at first glance, though initially, he lies to Maria by saying that he didn't know anything about Nagi. But he does a turnabout when Maria gives Hayate her scarf, shocked by her kindness, he goes off to save Nagi when she is kidnapped by a pair of brothers (hired by the same Yakuza). After saving Nagi, she says that she is in Hayate's debt, and Hayate asks her to repay the debt by finding him a new job before collapsing from his injuries. This leads to him becoming Nagi's new butler, who must protect Nagi from all sorts of trouble while performing more normal duties alongside Maria, who is Nagi's maid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayate_the_Combat_Butler

I read the translated scans a bit ago, and I'm picking up the 3 volumes that were released in America tonight. Also, the anime adaptation is coming out this April, and the preview looks really promising. I totally recommend it to everyone.

Posted by temari

what is it about?

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting temari: what is it about?

You're kidding right?

Posted by Omni

No, I'm pretty sure he was being completely serious. temari, try reading what he posts next time before you ask a question he already answered.

As for me, I mainly came in here because the name of the thread was funny to me and I like to occasionally read threads in case I find anything interesting.