Shooter (starring Mark Wahlberg)

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I won tickets off a radio station, so I saw the sneak preview. It was enjoyable, if not great. It had lots of shooting and explosions - very Ramboesque fun - but the dialogue sucked, and the plot was cliche - "ex-Marine sniper is called upon to protect the president from an assassin, but then ends up on the run after getting framed for the attempted assassination". It does a good job building the suspense throughout the movie though, keeping you on the edge of your seat, and it ended up being great, bloody fun all around.

Thumb slightly up.

Posted by veritas

Yea I saw the previews. It looks like a good movie

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I only found out a couple weeks ago this is based on the book "Point of Impact" which is part of one of my favourite series. Sounds like they dumbed it way down :( He's still called Bob Lee Swagger, right?

Posted by Crazy K

I might be seeing it, but it will most likely be a rental for me. Looks good though.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;555764]I only found out a couple weeks ago this is based on the book "Point of Impact" which is part of one of my favourite series. Sounds like they dumbed it way down :( He's still called Bob Lee Swagger, right?

According to IMDB.com he is. ;)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

At least they did that. If they didn't, there would be no way in hell I'd watch it.

Posted by Dexter

It looks decent. Antoine Fuqua makes decent material. I look forward to Kate Mara. Does Danny Glover have a lisp? That would be cool. idk though because there are a few other films coming out that week that I'd rather see, such as Reign Over Me and Colour Me Kubrick. I'll probably see Shooter when it is released on DVD.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I only found out a couple weeks ago this is based on the book "Point of Impact" which is part of one of my favourite series. Sounds like they dumbed it way down :( He's still called Bob Lee Swagger, right?

Affirmative.

Dexter: No lisp for Danny Glover, just a ticket off of the C-list.

Posted by Dexter

There was a time when it was difficult to imagine Danny Glover on the C-list. He was just in so many good films. Something went terribly wrong after Operation Dumbo Drop.

How was Kate Mara? Was she teh hawtness?