How do you all deal with stress.

Posted by Xenos

I know for a fact that there are a lot of college students/young adults that go to this forum. In that case, how do you all deal with the stress when you have a heavy load? And when I mean deal, I don't mean blowing off all of your work.

I've been trying to battle it, and I think I'm doing a decent job, but I am curious to see if I can find a better method here.

Posted by Omni

I'm not in college, but I find that doing things at my own pace and not letting myself be rushed helps relieve the stress of actually having to do something. I find that actually accomplishing goals that I set out to do is just great for boosting confidence and allowing me to feel at ease.

Taking time out to spend with family and friends in a peaceful or fun atmosphere can also help you deal with everyday worry and woes. I find that just sitting down and talking to my little brother and sister is a great way for me to relax, and hanging out with friends can be fun and help you forget about your troubles for a while

Also, reading a good book or checking out articles on things that appeal to you can be fun. I used to read about 40 books a year, now more like 10, and I often look up articles on the internet just to help me pass the time and enjoy myself during free moments.

Music is also a big thing for me, which can't be surprising. It's a great way to relax. I also get really excited at the chance to hear new things, so it's all good. I listen to all kinds of music with all kinds of range of emotions. That's always a good way for me to wind down.

Anyway, it's all common and I'm sure you've thought about most of it before, but I hope it helps you. :)

Posted by mis0

I really love to get out of the house when I'm stressed - going biking is one of my favorite things to do. That, or I drive through some lonely desert roads to get some of the freshest air possible. If I wanna stay indoors, I usually listen to something from my huge music collection and take a nice, warm, soothing bath.

Posted by Fate

Video games and medication. Sometimes drawing or buying new clothes.

Posted by Xenos

... medication?

Posted by Ant

I don't deal with it. As in, I avoid it at all costs. I can't really remember the last time I was "stressed". I know there has been a lot of situations where I should have felt some form of stress, but no sir, no stress on my end of things. ****ed my apathetic attitude towards life. Stress can be a good thing, good motivator, means you have ambition; or some crap like that. ANYWHO, if I were stressed, I would most likely go outside and go for a walk. Gets you moving, the sounds of the world outside will clear your mind, and you even get some exercise!

Posted by Fate

Quoting Xenos: ... medication?

Yeah, like stress relievers or stimulants.

Posted by Ch

I just listen to really serene music or go for a hike in the woods alone.

Works everytime. Even for deaths.

Posted by Average n00b

Erm. At home if I have a lot to deal with I play DDR a lot, it turns out that I can get a bigger high score when I'm frustrated than calm on that game.

At school..I write stuff in a novel I'm working on. :D

Posted by The Judge

I don't care about anything enough to get stressed about it. As long as I'm still alive in the end, I'm fine.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, I just avoid stressful situations. I always figure anything that stresses you out that much can't be worth sacrificing your own happiness and mental well-being.

lol no help sry

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Fate;555303][COLOR=skyblue]Yeah, like stress relievers or stimulants.[/COLOR]

You don't take that excessively, do you? That's really bad for you.

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Xenos: You don't take that excessively, do you? That's really bad for you.

I have to agree with that, my friend took a lot and. Well, she went to the hospital. D: She's fine now..Now she seems to take caffine pills a lot. *Sigh* Some people never learn, eh?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Xenos: ... medication?

No, thanks. I guess I think stress, along with other emotions, is part of the human experience. I don't wanna be doped-up if I can avoid it.

And, honestly, I rarely take even pain killers. Only when my neck is so sore that I can't function do I go for anything, really. I have no regular prescriptions and I wouldn't dream of getting prozac or anything like it.

Posted by Xenos

I wasn't suggesting it, if that's what you mean. I was asking for some clarification about something Fate said.

Posted by fates warning

Confidence is the key to success.

Posted by The Judge

*Motivational Bull*****

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Xenos: I know for a fact that there are a lot of college students/young adults that go to this forum. In that case, how do you all deal with the stress when you have a heavy load? And when I mean deal, I don't mean blowing off all of your work.

I've been trying to battle it, and I think I'm doing a decent job, but I am curious to see if I can find a better method here.

smooooooooooke

Posted by Auto Rock

Quoting Lord of Spam: smooooooooooke

I was waiting for you to post that.

I would have done the same but not anymore. Now I just take it and try to listen to a lot of music and not think about it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I wasnt really serious. Using drugs or alcohol to escape problems is pretty iffy.

That being said, hanging out with friends and jsut chilling out (playing wow or whatever) tends to work for me. Usually by the time I've pwned enough noobs for one day I', relaxed enough to take a second look at whatever was bothering me. But then again, I'm not asian, so i dont stress over school.

Posted by Kamek

I've been going through a lot lately. Im trying to find myself I guess, or figure out what's going on in my life.

I dunno if it's stressful, but here's some ways I cope.

I like to take the train. I fill up my IPod wiht some music, carry my special notebook and I just hop the train and go somewhere. Since I take the train to/from school, and it's a 1.5 hr train ride, it gives me a lot of time to think. Sometimes I even take the train on my own just because it's so peaceful. It gives me time to just clear my head as much as it could possibly be cleared.

I also like to spend a lot of time in the city. As I wrote that I realized non NY-ers wouldn't understand what I meant "the city" so I mean Manhattan. The steps of the Met is a really good place to just sit, chill and reflect. I'm thinking of going inside the museum and just walk around too. Central Park will be a nice place to clear my head when it gets warmer. There are also some nice parks by the water which seem really nice to be near.

I'm getting my license next month, so taking drives around would definitely be nice to clear my head.

I really like the traveling thing though. It's the best way for me to clear my head. Sometimes even going on a soul searching adventure with a good friend seems to help me clear my head.

Just remember things work differently for everyone. Try everything out and see which works best for you. In terms of like stress from school, time management is the best way to go. Start assignments early so you wont be rushed. Most of all find time to have fun. Without fun, what's life?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I don't care about anything enough to get stressed about it. As long as I'm still alive in the end, I'm fine.

What he said. I never take anything seriously enough to allow myself to get stressed. Even during school I never really studied because I didn't care if I passed or failed.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, dawg. Gain sight of what's important maaaaan.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't. That's why I have the blood pressure of an obese truck driver on meth.

Posted by Draxamus

I jerk off at least twice a day!

Posted by Linko_16

I've always handled stress pretty well. Mainly, though, you could say I keep free of any greatly demanding responsibilities, and any that I do take are only kind of temporary.

Posted by Arcadios

Music always gets me in a good mood even if I had a stressful day.

Posted by Crazy K

I usually get over my stress by not thinking of it so much and just watching a good show or movie. Sometimes I'll hang out with a couple of friends and just have a good old time and such. For me stress is like a boring sort of feeling, so I need to find something fun to do.

Posted by Pit

drugs, sex, rock and roll.

and its funny cause its true

Posted by Skitzo Control

I tend to break out with terrible backne when I get stressed. I relieve stress by removing said backne.:)
-0-0-0-0-
I used to exercise when I got too stressed out, and I started again today. I like to utilize my stress to get me to do something positive, and lord knows how much I need to work out.

Posted by Oforia

I cut myself for attention :(

but no seriously...
I just play DDR and listen to music. Takes a load of stress off.

Posted by Fate

Medications = remedies!

Sleeping pills, Nyquil (only when sick), or three ibuprofen (instead of just one) for home remedies. Other stuff works like Xanax.

Posted by Oforia

or weed.

Posted by Dexter

Stress? I rarely get stressed. In fact, I'm not positive I understand it very well because I haven't experienced it enough. If school was more stress than fun for me, I probably wouldn't bother with it. I'll say the same for work. I work where I enjoy myself, lessoning stress and anger.

I imagine if I got myself into a stressful position it would be due to lack of time, having too many things to do, in which case it would be difficult to do things that make me happy, like going o adventures with friends and Wolfy. I'd just try to enjoy whatever it is that is stressing me out, to have fun with my activities and do my best at them. Make a game out of them, think about where it's bringing me. Learn how not to be a perfectionist, to relax and swim with the current.

Xenos, you're such a girl.

Posted by Fate

I think my lack of order makes me feel better. I think people who plan too much stress themselves out since they feel a lack of control when something goes wrong. My stress is caused by other people!

Posted by Slade

If I'm stressed about school, I remind myself it's not worth stressing over. And if I'm stressed about people, I take some walks and think about whether it's worth keeping them in my life or not. Basically I'm always trying to stay stress-free. My stepmom is a clean freak gets-stressed-a-lot sort of mom, so she illustrates for me everyday how useless being stressed out is. The trick is keeping her attempts to put stress on me at bay.

Posted by Xero

I deal with stress by:

1. Fapin'

2. Listening to music.

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

I tell myself "there is plenty of time for everything" and I immediately feel better. If that doesnt work, I break things

Quoted post: "there is plenty of time for everything"

Except not really, since stress usually comes from a deadline, which there usually isn't plenty of time in those cases. Though, gotta love breaking things.

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except not really, since stress usually comes from a deadline, which there usually isn't plenty of time in those cases. Though, gotta love breaking things.

well yeah, it doesnt seem like it would work, but for some odd reason it does for me. Even if there are deadlines.

In a way, it means that there is plenting of time in life, to get things done, and that sitting and stressing about something is basically wasting my life away. Enjoy it while you got it. If any of that made sense

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Sex. And lots of it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Procrastination, arguing with people over the internet (not here, of course), and sleep. Nothing else seems to work well.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I go to the Dojo and duke it out at a sparring class. To much stress means I just need ot hit something, so I just let it out doing martial arts. Other than that I either listen to music or play video games, but sparring seems to be the most effective.

Posted by fates warning

My freind got a Fleshlight. He says it was TOTALLY worth it, and is a great way of releiving stress. He uses that instead of smoking pot as a stress releiver. It almost inspires me to get one too.

Posted by s0ul

****, that's almost as good as... you know... knowing girls.

Posted by Colonel

I don't.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

masturbation. :D

seriously though, I usually put all my anger, aggresion, stress or whatever mood I'm feeling into writing music or drawing.

Quoted post: ****, that's almost as good as... you know... knowing girls.

I was going to say the same thing then realised most girls cause more stress than they relieve.

Posted by KoH

I try to ignore stress as best I can. ADD is actually a good thing if you can make it work for you.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I was going to say the same thing then realised most girls cause more stress than they relieve.

Not if you'r purely interested in sexing them. Then it's just like a game. For that matter, what other reason would you talk to one for?

oh yeah, one night stands... how I miss those.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

Quoting Buhnz_O'Steele: I tell myself "there is plenty of time for everything" and I immediately feel better. If that doesnt work, I break things

Breaking things? Yeah I do that but then I regret after awhile wishing I still had the thing I broke. that probably makes it worse

I play video games,play star wars battlefront, listen to music, vandalize, and make people mad, smoke cigarretes, to relieve stress

Ciggartes are also good for make people mad, My band director was harrasing the other day at rehearsal, so when no one was around I lit a cigarette in the band classroom and smoked it. then I left it on the Floor. Kill those band geeks!

Posted by KoH

Yeah, school fires. The ultimate stress reliever!