Signature quick fix tut.

Posted by Roger Smith

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/Sigpictut.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I don't get that message. Wtf >=0

Posted by Roger Smith

You have to scroll to the bottom of the page dude.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I mean the "Insert Signature Picture" link thing, it doesn't show up for me.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, either you don't know what to look for or......well I just don't know. Guess your screwed.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

lol that's awesome. oh well, doesn't make a difference if I put a **** picture under my posts.

Posted by Zeta

**** this ****. Dancing Zoidberg is too big. :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Just shrink the image down.

Posted by Zeta

KB-wise, it's too big. T_T

Posted by Ant

Thanks for the help.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta: KB-wise, it's too big. T_T

Send me the image.

Np ant.

Posted by Zeta

Eh, I think I'm done wih it anyways...

Ant, you bastard! I thought I deleted those. :(

Posted by Ant

Why would you want to delete such high quality artwork? :/

Posted by Zeta

Ah, sarcasm.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Tiptoegecko: I mean the "Insert Signature Picture" link thing, it doesn't show up for me.

i has this problem

Posted by Roger Smith

I donno what it could be. Seems everyone else doesn't have this problem.

Posted by G-Sides

nvm i has fixed it

edit: nvm

Posted by Roger Smith

:(

Posted by Red

sorry I'm just clueing in, whos genius idea was this?

Posted by Roger Smith

Jesse's I suppose.

Posted by Red

but April Fools month is still a few weeks away?! =/

Posted by Roger Smith

He didn't do it as a joke.

Posted by Red

but it certainly doesn't make it any easier!! I still can't find that button.

do you just have to type sigpic tags?

Posted by Roger Smith

I tried that and it didn't work.

Posted by Red

well does this mean we're only alowed to have 1 pic for our sig? cuz my Kuro's wont fit :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Maybe. More likely you can add images until it hits the 90kb limit. I wouldn't know since I only use 1 image.

Posted by Red

did the maximum file size change also? my pic keeps saying the remote file is too large when I try to input it.

Posted by Roger Smith

The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 500 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller).

Posted by Linkman

This isn't a joke, at least not one anyone's aware of, but it certainly does seem like one.

I have a vB license (well it's KoH's, but I have access to it), and over sized images can be maintained without this crap. Via usergroup options, you can block huge images, even those coming from outside sources. Jesse's just...well...dense.

Posted by Red

...then why don't you tell him about it or something? because this is really annoying.

Posted by Linkman

I could post direct instructions on how to do it, but it's unlikely that he will. Jesse's usually unspeakably stubborn, no matter how many people rant against his actions. Selfish pride.

Posted by Roger Smith

If we all boycott VGC for a few days I'm sure he'd see thigns our way.

Posted by Red

although that may be true, I think it could work, I mean didn't we eventually get him to change the whole rep system he used to have in place?

EDIT: Ninja'd, but yeah what Smitty said.

Posted by Roger Smith

Only because all the normal members and mods waged a war against the s-mods.

Posted by Linkman

That's because he was against the rep thing to begin with. He never planned to leave it off. He just wanted to prove his point true. BUT, because he personally is for this action, he wont be so easily convinced that it was a dumb one.

RS: Boycotting VGC is illogical, and it wouldn't solve anything.

Posted by Red

I wonder why the sudden change though?

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Linkman:

Illogical in your eyes perhaps, but not in mine. But incredibly unlikely that'd it happen. So moot point anyhow.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Linkman:

Uh yeah Linkman's right about this one... he and I tried that I belive back in '03, and it got us nowhere.

Posted by Roger Smith

I just said it prolly wouldn't work anyway.

Posted by Jesse Smith

If you are using 'Basic Editor', then that link to add the image doesn't show up! Just upload your image and put

[noparse][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/noparse]

where you want da image. No URL is required. Any one who doesn't understand that, is a bigger n00bie than Bjarni!!! :D:D:D

Oh, and when you do that boycott, give me da dates so I can join in!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Red

to make my sigs I ussually use the image tags and put them in the "siganture" box so I can put in multiple images instead of having to use the upload box.

so do I just use the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tags?

and if so where do they go? around each pic?

Posted by Jesse Smith

*gags* *Hits myself on da head.* :bash: :bash:

Posted by G-Sides

YOU COCKTEASE, WHY DO THE BIRDS WORK FOR YOU :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

Because I know how to upload da image and put da little simple sig tag in da signature!!!! Upload image and then put

[noparse][sigpic][/sigpic][/noparse]

where you want it!!!

Posted by Red

hah! see Jesse it IS hard for some people to get, it doesn't seem to work for me, please oh please can't we just make the sigs back to the way they used to be! why does it have to be this complicated?!

Posted by G-Sides

that's what i do, ****it jesse
and then it gives me a message about having two images when i clearly only have one

edit:
do smilies count as images?

Posted by G-Sides

double post but fukken look

[code][center]rip birds :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/center][/code]
that's all i have and it tells me i have two pics in my sig?

Posted by Linkman

I think people get how to do it, Jesse. It's the fact that it's a flawed system is what's ****ing people off. They can only have one image at a time, those who had self updating images can't have them anymore, and for a lot of people, it just doesn't work. Even if their image meets requirements, it still wont work. This inconveniences many more people than it helps, not that it actually helps anyone.

So, for the love of ***, revert it back please.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Linkman;553405] ..revert it back please.

Pleading (with a madman) is a sign of weakness..

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Down The Sun: Pleading (with a madman) is a sign of weakness..

Or a sign of craziness, depending on how you look at it yo:cool:

Posted by Tyler Durden

Well, trying to reason with madmen is inane all together.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: I think people get how to do it, Jesse. It's the fact that it's a flawed system is what's ****ing people off. They can only have one image at a time.

Blah!!!! It's not flawed at all!! Every one just decided to flip out instead of trying to figure out what da 'bug' waz!!! Yes, smilies used took up an image quota, and it waz at 1. Now that you figured out what it iz....now try it!!! :D:D

Gah!!! Kids these days!!!!! And they call ME a mad man!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Oforia

[quote=Red;553397]hah! see Jesse it IS hard for some people to get, it doesn't seem to work for me, please oh please can't we just make the sigs back to the way they used to be! why does it have to be this complicated?!
It's not complicated. You guys are just making it that way. I am a signature guru, and in my mind, it's not that big of a deal.
Do I have to quote all the posts that explain, over and over, how to do this? If you would just read the topic at the beginning, and most of Jesse's posts, you would know. The concept is not that hard. I bet if you put in a little more effort, you can get it. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Until my last post, it was hard if you had smilies! A amilie took up da one image quota!!!!

Posted by Red

it's not that it's hard it's that fact that were only allowed to have one image that ****es me off.

Posted by G-Sides

i've never had a problem with restrictions, but i really had planned to put some last.fm back in my siggie
WHICH IS NOW A BROKEN DREAM

Posted by Roger Smith

It's not hard anymore since I posted this thread.

Crisis averted.:cookie:

Posted by Red

not hard, but it just doesn't work for me. plus I can't have my old sig which was 3 images. so yeah the new system fails.

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, but by the looks of it, we're stuck with it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Otherwise, people would just put really big pictures into pieces, and any image limitations would be meaningless.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Jesse Smith: If you are using 'Basic Editor', then that link to add the image doesn't show up! Just upload your image and put

[noparse][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/noparse]

where you want da image. No URL is required. Any one who doesn't understand that, is a bigger n00bie than Bjarni!!! :D:D:D

Oh, and when you do that boycott, give me da dates so I can join in!!! :D:D:D

Thanks a lot, now I get it. I still don't don't see why you have the [SIGPIC] crap. You could of left it with [IMG] tags, but restricted the sizes so if anyone had a sig over sized you would use your mod powers. That's what everyone else does.

Posted by Omni

Admins don't use their mod powers. They have other people do it for them. :D

Posted by Red

ahhhh, that explains why mods were being created, like hotcakes??

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Mixman;553445]It's not complicated. You guys are just making it that way. I am a signature guru, and in my mind, it's not that big of a deal.
Do I have to quote all the posts that explain, over and over, how to do this? If you would just read the topic at the beginning, and most of Jesse's posts, you would know. The concept is not that hard. I bet if you put in a little more effort, you can get it. :)
Hey, I understand it.. gravely. I have no further qualms with the system; if it means limiting users down to one (and only ONE) image file per signature. Then, I think it's a great idea. I'm actually tired of seeing 30 billion+ images littering up the boards. Clutter is bad kids, and what should you do with clutter?

[quote=Red;553664]not hard, but it just doesn't work for me. plus I can't have my old sig which was 3 images. so yeah the new system fails.
Rest my case..

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I never had a sig here. But I just messed with it. No big deal. Just use [ sigpic ][ /sigpic ] instead of [img][/img].....

Posted by Creedence

got it to work, nvm

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Posted by Omni

People also need to learn what [noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse] tags do.