am i the only one

Posted by G-Sides

who thought windwaker was supremely kickass :(

i mean come on, talk about sidequests, i loved the freedom and **** in this game but no one on earth seems to appreciate it like me :(:(

Posted by Zeta

Hated it my first playthrough, but on subsequent playthroughs I realized how awesome it really is.

Still, there could've been a few more islands. >_>

Posted by Xero

I haven't played it yet. I'm planning on to after I complete T.P.

It looks kickass. Link is kinda cute in that game.

Posted by Omni

I liked the graphics a lot, and it was a unique spin on the series. :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Supremely? Kickass? Not quite. I thought it was great, but not supremely kickass. Too many faults for it to be called that.

Posted by Xero

Aw...

What about "4 swords"? My friends told me it was great. Is it?

not really.

Posted by Xero

Why so?

Posted by Zeta

Because Four Swords was a multiplayer only game and you had to unlock it.

Four Sword Adventures is somewhat decent, though.

Posted by Kit

I liked Wind Waker, going to all of the different islands, exploring etc was fun.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zeta: Because Four Swords was a multiplayer only game and you had to unlock it.

Four Sword Adventures is somewhat decent, though.

I don't wanna play on the multiplayer mode. I want the solo adventure only.

Decent? Good enough.

It's not a single player game. I mean, you can play it that way, but then it's terrible.

Posted by Xero

:(

But I want to know what makes it terrible. Seeing as we probably have different opinions on what makes a game terrible, I want to see what are your points to see if it's worth buying the game. Explain please :)

It's a four player game. Except you're playing it by yourself. The mechanics are built around four separate characters, and the fun is centred around you and three hour friends playing those four characters. Now take away the friends, add basic AI, and you're left with ****ty game mechanics that feel horribly hollow and absolutely no fun to actually play.

Posted by maian

Wind Waker was amazing. In my opinion, it has the most replay value.

Not the best, though. That goes to MM. :) MM wins above all. OOT is actually my least favorite 3D Zelda.

Posted by Colonel

I love WW. The only bad part is serching for the triforce shards, and how incredibly expencive it was to boot.

Posted by Xero

Quoting maian:
Not the best, though. That goes to MM. :) MM wins above all.

Totally agree. MM was an awesome game. :cool:

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's a four player game. Except you're playing it by yourself. The mechanics are built around four separate characters, and the fun is centred around you and three hour friends playing those four characters. Now take away the friends, add basic AI, and you're left with ****ty game mechanics that feel horribly hollow and absolutely no fun to actually play.

I see...That sucks. Just for ****s and giggles, I'll RENT it when I finish all the other zelda games I haven't completed yet.

Posted by maian

Quoting Xero:
I see...That sucks. Just for ****s and giggles, I'll RENT it when I finish all the other zelda games I haven't completed yet.

Why? Because the opinion of one person? It might not be buyable, but it seems you already have a pretty bleak view on this. I personally enjoyed FSA a lot. Of course it's not a Zelda-calibur full length game, I still had a good time. But don't make it so low on your priority list.

Posted by Iris

I enjoyed it, but there were times where I got impatient because there was so much to do just to advance slightly in the plotline. Even with the warp points, it took a long time to get to unmarked islands.

Still, the freedom and the overall theme and appearance of the game made it a lot more fun. It was definitely a good change from the rest of the series.

Posted by inequity

I kinda regret trading it in directly after beating it. I didn't get a chance to explore.

Posted by Xero

Quoting maian: Why? Because the opinion of one person? It might not be buyable, but it seems you already have a pretty bleak view on this. I personally enjoyed FSA a lot.

Well just by reading other members's opinions, I think I should start by renting it to see if its really bad. If not, I would probably buy it, but when I hear/read bad comments about a game I want, I usually rent it.

Posted by Litbut

Windwaker was ****ing awesome, man. >_> Though it has the power to give me the feeling of combat high.

Posted by coolness432

I didn't like Windwaker just because i expected more from it, it was ok but nothing incredible. Yet.....I like Zelda II a lot and no one else does.

Posted by Xero

Zelda II....You mean a link to past? If so, I also liked that game dude. You're not the only one ;)

Posted by coolness432

Quoting Xero: Zelda II....You mean a link to past? If so, I also liked that game dude. You're not the only one ;)

No, I did like Link to the past a lot but thats not what I am talking about. The NES Zelda II The Adventure Of link. It has kind of like an RPG element in it as in you level up through out the game which is the main reason people don't like it besides its blinding difficulty.

Posted by Xero

Oh I didn't try that one yet. I probably never will. I don't know where to find a NES anymore :(

They don't like it because it was a side-scroller and a ton different than the first. Though I enjoyed.

Posted by Zeta

I want to see another like AoL. >_>

Posted by D.J Cat

Wind Waker was my favourite Zelda game of all, thats even after playing TP, and considering how much I loved OOT.

The exploring, and just the feeling and atmosphere of bein gout in you ship, sailing the ocean.
Too many people appeared impatient with the sailing, I loved it, always looking around with the camera, steering every part of the way...
And the sidequests.
Oh and the characters! Like that guy who makes the splashing noises and owns the big cannon!
Also, so many people complained about the Triforce Shards bit??
What the!
It was more chance to do sidequests/explore those islands and get into fights which were great fun and in return usually get a buttload of money....
ahhh dam kids these days.

Posted by Xero

I asked my dad to get me The Wind Waker for my b-day. Can't wait to try it.

Posted by muffla

i loved wind waker but the part with the triforce shards ****ed me off so much i had to stop playing the game for like a month, but then i got back into it and beat it.

Posted by ExoXile

I got it, beat it the second day.
Beat it again on the next day, and never played it again.

Posted by maian

Getting the Triforce pieces wasn't that bad. It took away from the linearness, so I liked it. Also, getting the actual charts was pretty fun. Getting the actual pieces from the ocean got annoying, but those didn't take that long anyway.

Quoted post: It took away from the linearness, so I liked it

no. Just no.

Posted by ExoXile

WW was, way, way too linear.

Posted by Xero

9 more days before I get the game. I doubt it's that linear. Most of my friends said it was kinda complicated at many points.

Posted by Alastor

It's by far the easiest Zelda, but honestly it's the one I've had the most fun with. I bet I killed at least ten or fifteen hours just doing random crap around Windfall Island. Completing that Eskimo guy's exchange quest, decorating the town, etc.

It's not nearly as epic as OoT, MM, or TP, but the graphics style is a real treat, and the gameplay is solid. I wouldn't say any of it is complicated, though. Some puzzles may make you stand around and think for a moment, but there's nothing too difficult in any dungeon.

Quoted post: WW was, way, way too linear.

Yeah, and how did collecting triforce pieces not make it linear?

Posted by ExoXile

Well, since you had every peace on the map it was still pretty linear.

Posted by Tendo

I love WW, the graphics are cute and I liked the freedom but I think my favorite Zelda games would have to be OOT and TP :link:

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Tendo: I love WW, the graphics are cute and I liked the freedom but I think my favorite Zelda games would have to be OOT and TP :link:

A lot of people think that. For me, OoT and TP were certainly more epic, but I had the most enjoyable experience playing WW. The graphics, freedom, soundtrack, and other features all made up for its shortness and easy difficulty in the long run for me.

Posted by maian

stfu MM wins

Posted by Alastor

I didn't bother going into detail on MM. >_>

MM was my favorite. I'm just saying I had the most FUN with Wind Waker.

...If that makes any sense.

Posted by maian

Nope, you speak truth. I GOTCHA, DAN.

Posted by Xero

I'm not sure if I,ll get WW after all. My dad couldn't find it. Tomorrow we'll try places that sell 2nd hand games. If I can't find it there,...I'm ****ed.

Posted by Zeta

Too bad you can't buy things on the interntet...

... Oh wait...

Posted by Xero

My dad doesn't want to buy stuff on the internet.

I don't have a credit card.

My mom won't buy me VGs.

Posted by Alastor

Why are you relying on your parents to buy it for you? You can find it for like $20 easy if you go to the right store. Even cheaper if it's used.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Alastor: Why are you relying on your parents to buy it for you? You can find it for like $20 easy if you go to the right store. Even cheaper if it's used.

Because it was suppose to be my B-day gift. I asked my dad to buy it for me and he couldn't find it. But I'll try tomorrow and see if I'm lucky enough to find it. I have a good feeling.

Posted by Xero

Sorry for double posting.

I got the game. My dad was joking me all along. He said he looked at 5 different place to find it. So now I'm getting started. Silly dad.

So far the cel graphics are awesome. I love them.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, the graphics are a real treat. Although the game's far too easy, Link's eyes giving you hints in dungeons was a really nice addition to the franchise.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Alastor: Although the game's far too easy.

Too bad it's too easy. I like it when there's a challenge. Aw well.

I didn't know Link had a little sister. Pretty cute.

Posted by Zeta

Well, it's harder than TP at least.

And ****it, this thread makes me want to play WW, but I still have Skies of Arcadia, the Banjo games and the Bomberman 64 games going on. :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zeta: Well, it's harder than TP at least.

At least...

Quoting Zeta: And ****it, this thread makes me want to play WW, but I still have Skies of Arcadia, the Banjo games and the Bomberman 64 games going on. :(

Aw I wish I could play Banjo and Bomberman64 again...

But I don't have a N64 anymore :(

Posted by O.T.L

i played OOT and freakin loved it !!! I remember the day i got like it was yesterday .... i went to ( funkoland ) or something like that ?

i didnt know what i should get , so i asked the dude and he was all like Zeldas a cool game and i was i like . cool so i bought it...
and played it . got hooked ... i remember a few months back i played it just to beat the game cause it was fun !!!! YAY !!!!!!!!

Posted by G-Sides

too bad this thread isn't about oot >.>;

[quote]I didn't know Link had a little sister. Pretty cute.

IT'S NOT LINK :mad: DID YOU NOT WATCH THE OPENING SEQUENCE

Posted by Zeta

Every Link is Link Link.

Posted by maian

link link

lol

Anyway, every link is link. period. As far as finding WW goes, it shouldn't be hard. At all. It's not going to be sold out, and every retailer like Target or Wal-Mart should have it, since it's popular and a greatest hit.

Posted by Alastor

Read thread plz, bby. He's already got WW.

Posted by Blood-Katana

Quoting G-Sides: who thought windwaker was supremely kickass :(

i mean come on, talk about sidequests, i loved the freedom and **** in this game but no one on earth seems to appreciate it like me :(:(

i loved till the very end espishaly when [spoiler]ganon gets owned by link bam right in the head[/spoiler]

Posted by Xero

Well I am now trying to enter the Dragon Roost cavern. So far it's pretty long. I must that the fortress was an annoying dungeon, but now it's behind me until I face Ganon.

Posted by Sakaki-chan

I thought it was a fair game. I liked sailing, the music, and the graphics but I didn't like the storyline.

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Yellow"]hated it. i absolutely hated the storyline and i also was shocked when the replaced the ocarina with a coonductor's stick. [/COLOR][/FONT]

I'm going to guess Ocarina was the first Zelda you ever played.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Playing it for the first time, and I'm liking it. Save the part where right after defeating that hanging plant in the Forbidden Forest my GC decides to stall.

Posted by UncleYaris

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I'm going to guess Ocarina was the first Zelda you ever played.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]Link to the Past, but even in that they had the ocarina. It was just called a flute :P[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by G-Sides

ocarina

flute

:s

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]
I didn't make the game. I'm just sharing my critisisms.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Alastor

What does it matter?

The Wind Waker had... Well, the Wind Waker. It was an amazing game. Twilight Princess had grass/Horse Call, and it was an amazing game. The Wind Waker and the Ocarina of Time did the exact same things, save the time travel, so what difference does it make?

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]

It looks different. And plays different. And, I'd bet if you put any amount of money on it, it would taste different too!

Regardless, thats not the reason I didn't like Windwaker. The storyline was awful, it didn't really have the Zelda feel for me, and the graphics didn't quite suit the 3D enviroment like they compliment Paper Mario perfectly.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Alastor

Quoting UncleYaris:

It looks different.

Who gives a ****? The graphics are part of the reason Wind Waker is so great.

[quote]And plays different.

Hardly. All it does that the Ocarina didn't is require you to keep a rhythm of sorts.

[quote]Regardless, thats not the reason I didn't like Windwaker. The storyline was awful,

What was so bad about it? Seemed like a pretty good OoT follower to me.

[quote]it didn't really have the Zelda feel

It played just like OoT and MM, aside from the sailing.

[quote]and the graphics didn't quite suit the 3D enviroment like they compliment Paper Mario perfectly.

Wind Waker's graphics suit it perfectly. Paper Mario's graphics suit it, because, big shock, everything's made of paper! Wind Waker was a generally kid friendly game. Even the more menacing enemies had a cartoonish feel to them, and not just in the graphics. Their design wasn't quite as menacing as other Zeldas. Not to mention that the protagonist was a child. You play as Young Link in Majora's Mask too, but that Link had already went through the events of Ocarina of Time. He was a more battle-hardened Link. Wind Waker's Link was just an oblivious kid on an island.

If Wind Waker was going to look realistic, it would've been an entirely different game from the ground up. Different setting and everything.

Posted by Linkman

Love Wind Waker. As it stands, it's the only Zelda game I can pick up, and play completely through at least twice a year and never get bored of it.

To even use the difference between the Ocarina and Wind Waker as an excuse as to why you don't like it is nothing short of a troll remark. Unless you have a fetish for how the ocarina sounded, they had the same exact role, you used them pretty much the same ways. Seriously, it's like saying I hated the Claw Shot from TP because it looked and had a different name from the Hook Shot.

Now graphics, a lot of people hated them, but most Zelda fans understood why Nintendo did it in a cell-shaded cartoon form. First off, as Alastor said, Link wasn't "Link." He was just a normal boy. The ocean, the scenery, and the story would not have felt the same had they not been in that style. Personally, unless you have a problem playing a game that looks like a cartoon, I don't see what was so bad.

Story was far from bad or boring. It had more "The Legend of Zelda" story content than any other Zelda game. I still find things I've missed that link it to Ocarina of Time every time I play it. Not liking the story is one thing, but saying it "lacked the Zelda feel" is complete bullshit.

Quoted post: It looks different. And plays different. And, I'd bet if you put any amount of money on it, it would taste different too!

All Zelda games essentially look and play the exact same. The difference is some might be toon-shaded, some might be 2D, and others might be on the N64. The basics are still Zelda though.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

I liked WW, it's one of the 'rouge' games that appear in every series, those games frequently look and play different, but are most often very good in their own right,Paper Mario is a good example. I think that Wind Waker took some of the best stuff from zelda 1, like the second quest, and having to get all the pieces of the broken triforce so on and so forth, and then added some new stuff like sailing, and made it work together for a really great game.
The cel-shading tecniques gave it a more kid-friendly look than previous Zelda's, so more people would buy it, and that would increase the fan base for the entire series, over all it was a very good game.

Posted by UncleYaris

Quoting Alastor:
If Wind Waker was going to look realistic, it would've been an entirely different game from the ground up. Different setting and everything.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]Maybe I just didn't like it becuase of the cartoonism? I honestly don't know, because I loved Paper Mario. I guess its one of those things where I just didn't like it for whatever reason.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting UncleYaris: [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"] I just didn't like it for whatever reason.[/COLOR][/FONT]

bad parenting, that's what it was.

Posted by UncleYaris

Quoting WillisGreeny: bad parenting, that's what it was.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]If by paranting you mean Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina, Majora, Orcale of Seasons/Ages, and finally Zelda I all before Windwaker as bad paranting, then yes, thats excatly what it is :P[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by WillisGreeny

ok, maybe it was peer pressure to hate it? Maybe subliminal messages from others speaking negative about WW graphics made you hate it. If that's true, your parents still failed.

Posted by 5am

Windwaker is a highly underrated game. If I correctly recall, the world was expecting some top-of-the-line Gamecube graphics for Windwaker. When everyone found out it was cel-shaded, the hype massively decreased, leading the game to fly under the radar.

I loved the game. I believe that many people probably were expecting another Ocarina of Time. The only problem I had was sailing the map for half the game.

Posted by Xero

Quoting 5am: Windwaker is a highly underrated game. If I correctly recall, the world was expecting some top-of-the-line Gamecube graphics for Windwaker. When everyone found out it was cel-shaded, the hype massively decreased, leading the game to fly under the radar.

It's so stupid. The cel-shaded graphics was actually a first. I don't think a game was made te same way previously. It was unique in itself.
And it's one of the reason why I enjoy this game. Because of the way it was designed. Special.

Quoting 5am: The only problem I had was sailing the map for half the game.

Yes that was quite long and annoying. I'm pretty happy I can use those cyclones now. I still have to sail, but not as much.

Quoted post: It's so stupid. The cel-shaded graphics was actually a first. I don't think a game was made te same way previously. It was unique in itself.
And it's one of the reason why I enjoy this game. Because of the way it was designed. Special.

Jet Set series, Sly Cooper, a couple dreamcast games and a couple ****ty racers were all cel-shaded before WW came out in Japan. Jet Set being the first game to feature cel-shading I believe.

Posted by Xero

There were that many? Obviously played none of those *blushes*

Well I still disagree with people not liking the game as much because of the cel-shaded graphics. It was the first Zelda game with such graphics and I thought it made it look good. But it's all a question of opinions.

People just don't like cel-shading according to the sales of just about all those games.

Posted by Xero

It shouldn't have anything to do with sales. It should have everything to do with the game itself. Tsk.

Posted by Zeta

All anyone cares about these days are realistic graphics. The cartoon feel cel shading provides is a major turn off to these people.

Posted by Nataki

I didn't like wind waker because the plot was kind of stupid. Thought the way his sister was taken away was dumb, and it wasn't even Link, it was some kid playing dress up and happened to get involved via his sister. The legend it talks about in the beginning is the Link from OoT. The whole sailing thing from island to island was ridiculous. Before I got the ballad of winds or whatever, I sailed from one side of the map to the other, and that took like 15 minutes...it is a bit better that they felt for the player and took that away in phantom hourglass. The graphics were weird to me. And the game was SO EASY. But guess that is a given for it being a kiddish game. I'm not one for the toon shading; fake-o link looked even weirder, his eyes were like psycho-cat eyes, which glowed. This game was just meh, one playthrough is enough for me. Sorry if I offend anyone that takes this personally.