Lucas talks about Star Wars shows

Posted by maian

http://starwars.com/clonewars/about/news/news20070309.html

Posted by Vg200x

what would we do without George?

Posted by Proto Man

George is ticking me off right now. I want Star Wars 3D! :mad:

Posted by Ilikefluff

lol george is just in for the money now and trying to keep lucas alive sence it's about to die with star wars coming to a end, I think they should make a 7th film just to throw a twist....I agree with 3d I think they would look much better,the cartoons that were on cartoon network looked ok but needed some more of something.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yes, Star Wars is going under despite all the novels out. I can totally see that happening. Even with The Force Unleashed coming out.

LucasArts games can't even keep the company alive apparantly.[spoiler] Yes, I'm being sarcastic.[/spoiler]

And as long as the series is faithful and good...well, I'm a happy camper.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Ilikefluff: lol george is just in for the money now

As soon as I read this sentence I decided your level of intelligence is an insult to the human race. Please kill yourself.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

They should just use 100% CG and start producing all the novels (and the Dark Empire comics) that follow the main characters as new films or mini-serieses. It's a virtually endless supply of material for a film company to work from, and Star Wars fans who are too lazy/illiterate to read those books would finally get to learn how...

Big Freakin' Spoiler Alert!

...the Emperor is resurrected and subsequently killed again, Luke briefly turns to the Dark Side, Grand Admiral Thrawn is defeated, the Jedi Order is restored to a state of semi-glory, Chewbacca dies, the galaxy is nearly destroyed by invaders from a different one, Anakin Solo dies, and Jacen Solo turns to the Dark Side.

Posted by maian

Eh

I choose not to follow the plots of all the novels and/or obscure stuff that describes the rest of the events. I think a more definite plot should be established, maybe by Lucas himself. Like, I'm not buying into the Emporer being resurrected. :(

Anyway, I seriously doubt Star Wars is anywhere close to dying anytime soon. The two new shows haven't even been unleashed, and plethoras of books, comics, games, and merchandise just keep coming and coming. It has too large of a fanbase to even get near dying.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting maian: Like, I'm not buying into the Emporer being resurrected. :(

The way they did it wasn't all that far-fetched given some of the conventions of the franchise. Clones + Force-ghost = resurrection
The art in the comics was awesome, too, at least the first Dark Empire series, anyway. The second 2 were lame and their stories aren't included in the timeline with the novels the way the original Dark Empire is.