What art tools do you people use?

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I used to use a scanner and some prog's I got free with stuff. I tried Neopaint :-| which basically sucks. After that I used Paint Shop Pro, which rocked.
Although now I use The Gimp.

BTW has anyone used any of these and Photoshop.

Posted by Omni

I only use MSPaint. I made this avatar for another forum and a few websites.

[center][IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p236/jjn777/FreddiePainting.png[/IMG][/center]

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I forgot to add that. (Although it should go without saying.) Also for animated Gif's I used Active Gif Creator 2.XX. It works very well.

Posted by Roger Smith

(used to) Photoshop CS.

Posted by fates warning

Photoshop CS2
3D Studio Max 9
Teragen

Posted by Sterling

Pencils, 4chan.

Posted by Degeneration

Just Photoshop and ImageReady. Both are CS2.

Posted by Zeta

MSPaint and Jasc Animation Shop 3.

Posted by Jaems

PSCS3 Beta + Terragen + C4D + Apophysis

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

pencils and paper lewl

Posted by Drewboy64

mechanical pencils and computer paper, or Alias Sketchbook on tablet PC.

Posted by maian

lol I use pencil

I'm good with a lot of mediums, though. I'm great with charcoal, and would like to use it more. I discovered I like oil pastel, yet despise dry pastel. But overall, it's typically just pencil, and paper. I never do anything with my artwork with computer programs, especially since I don't have a scanner. I can take good pictures of the art, but I just don't bother with Photoshop, etc. I use Photoshop for 100% computer art, such as banners.

But, in my opinion, using Photoshop to enhance non-computer art takes away from its image. Drawn color beats digitalized color anyday, and also takes much more talent.

Posted by _Razgriz_

Photoshop CS3 Beta.

Posted by Omni

You learned from Roger Smith, didn't you? Your stuff reminds me of his for some reason.

Posted by Roger Smith

Who is ragriz?

Posted by Omni

I don't know, but his art skills are on a similar level with yours. You should totally have a showdown to show who really sucks at Photoshop.

Posted by Roger Smith

I haven't even seen anything by him.

Posted by _Razgriz_

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I don't know, but his art skills are on a similar level with yours. You should totally have a showdown to show who really sucks at Photoshop.

You are entitled to dislike my signature, I've no problem with that, but to clarify the difference between Roger Smith and I, I don't use brushes.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting maian: Drawn color beats digitalized color anyday, and also takes much more talent.

*skill

I use Photoshop 7 for image editing.

Posted by Omni

Quoting _Razgriz_: You are entitled to dislike my signature, I've no problem with that, but to clarify the difference between Roger Smith and I, I don't use brushes.

Whatever you use for your backgrounds, I couldn't say because I don't use Photoshop, I don't care for it much. Also, all the pictures you used were brought down to a really lousy resolution.

Posted by _Razgriz_

I was experimenting with a new technique, I manipulated renders for the background. The resolution you are referring to might be my overuse of sharpen on the banner. Thanks for your input as well.

Edit: I got rid of the sharpen, after your comments I took a good look at it and decided I didn't like the effect(even if that's not what you were referring to).

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Pencil, paper, eraser, and Photoshop.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Charcoal, pastels (both oil and chalk), acrylics, temperas, oils, blood, sweat, puke, smudge/smear sticks, grass stains, erasers, animal bones, Roger Smith's mom, spray, pencil & paper, screen rips, assorted artfag progs which I'll leave unnamed as to not sound like Roger Smith, and a case of beer with imagination.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting _Razgriz_: I was experimenting with a new technique, I manipulated renders for the background. The resolution you are referring to might be my overuse of sharpen on the banner. Thanks for your input as well.

Edit: I got rid of the sharpen, after your comments I took a good look at it and decided I didn't like the effect(even if that's not what you were referring to).

signature banners are for stupid faggots. nobody cares what japanese anitoons you like or how hardcore you are at leet graphics.

oh and to answer the thread question! this:

and this:

and, of course, this:

Posted by Klarth

oh and razgriz > roger shit

Posted by Crazy K

For computer related art work I use Photo shop and Image Ready, not that I'm any good at it.

For art work of other sorts I use pencils for drawing. I use glue sticks, screws, etc to make weird sculptures.