Get Your Game On!

Posted by Skitzo Control

When you sit down to a game, what's the scenario? LAY IT DOWN!

Lately, I only play PC games, so I often turn on a small lamp to keep some light going on. I keep my head phones connected to my laptop, with my setup in my lap (thus its name!). My mouse (to hell with touchpads) sits on the arm of my futon. I usually wrap up in a blanket, 'cause I PC game naked when alone, and it gets cold. No music, no distractions, ever.

When I play console games, I usually play on an average-sized TV (anything bigger than 35" sucks), and if the game I'm playing doesn't require close attention to the sound, will play some very faint music in the background, usually jazz or psychadelic rock. I hate sitting on anything with arms (La-Z-Boy) or near the arm of a couch.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I sit on the end of my futon directly across from the TV, the closest I can possibly get. Always cross-legged and always in the same spot, otherwise it feels "off." This is especially amplified in multiplayer games when, if the angle is off just even a bit, so is my aiming and everything else. That, and I usually wrap a blue blanket around me and wear a hoodie, because I tend to lose circulation quickly, causing my hands and feet specifically to go freezing cold. In the summer though, I typically play games in the buff with a sheet over my legs. The 360 gives off too much heat to stay clothed.

Posted by Kit

Sit on Chair.
Grab Controller.
Turn on.
Play.

...that's it.

Posted by GameMiestro

I sit on my bed, try to adjust myself to a reasonable sitting position, and start playing DS. After an hour, my back is in so much pain that I'm forced to get up, walk around for a few minutes and then start the whole dang process over again. If I'm playing Disney Meteos, I can't even lay down because of the annoying way you have to hold the DS.

Posted by veritas

I sit on the end of my bed, leaning forward with my elbows on my knees. I always need Light when im playing ps2. I usually have something to drink beside me on my table thing. I have a wireless controller so I dont have to worry about tripping over wires. Eventually my back starts to hurt or my eyes tear up so much from not blinking at all. Then I have to rub my eyes. Thats it.

Posted by Colonel

Depends.

Sometimes I sit on a couch with my legs strieght on a coffee table and play Wii, but sometimes I am forced to stand. I usually have a bowl of snacks and a cool glass of pop, and sometimes a keep a damp cloth nearby so I can clean my hands after eating the snacks so I don't get the controller greasy.

Posted by Crazy K

I sit on my nice comfortable chair and just game it out.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

What i do is sit im my chair, close my eyes reach down to my floor and grab a controller (i dont do this all the time, just if im bored) and since i have quite a few systems (most of them older) i play a game for the system of the controller i grabbed.