Songs You Have to Hear

Posted by Skitzo Control

Whether or not you like it, there are some songs that you have to hear. Not that you have a driving force inside you to listen to the songs, rather, no matter where you go, there are songs that are blasted through some moron's passing car, played through the Denny's speakers, or happen to be in those ever-so-annoying Circuit City commercials, and you (regrettably) have to hear them.

A few that come to mind are The Cars' Just What I Needed, The Scorpions' Rock You Like a Hurricane, Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama, and Metallica's Enter Sandman. So, with your neighborhood/experience with TV, what songs do you have to hear?

Posted by Omni

"Walk This Way" by Aerosmith and "Break On Through" by the Doors are used a lot on the AM radio my father likes. I don't remember any others, since I rarely watch TV or listen to the radio.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I honestly can't think of a single thing...

I never listen to the radio, rather always playing my own music. And if someone is playing something else in the car or the like, I usually have my MP3 player with me.

Posted by Raptor

Just to name a few:

Bob Seger - "Like a Rock"
Led Zeppelin - "Black Dog"
Queen - "We Will Rock You"
James Brown - "I Got You (I Feel Good)"
Village People - "YMCA"
Green Day - "Time of Your Life (Good Riddance)"
Jimi Hendrix - "Foxey Lady"
3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"
K.C. and the Sunshine Band - "Play That Funky Music"
Sheryl Crow - "Everyday is a Winding Road"
R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion"

With the exception of the last entry, I loathe all of the above songs, yet I hear them all too often.

Posted by G-Sides

song 2 by blur or that one with the crazy piano and the people going WOO WOO.... WOO WOO.... etc

beautiful day by u2
clocks by coldplay
all star by smash mouth
i wanna rock and roll all night by kiss

for some reason i wanna say 19-2000 by the gorillaz
and for some reason i wanna say nth degree by morningwood :s

Posted by Ch

Quoting Skitzo Control:

A few that come to mind are The Cars' Just What I Needed, The Scorpions' Rock You Like a Hurricane, Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama,

You named three right there. I hate Cindy Lauper's Time After Time and Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles

There are many more. Many many more

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Raptor;550972]K.C. and the Sunshine Band - "Play That Funky Music"Tsk, tsk, Raptor! I'd suspect you were more boned up on your music, 'cause the only version of that song that was any good was Wild Cherry's version. As a matter of fact, I'm rather certain that KC never even covered it, it's just a common misconception. (Such as people still give credit to The Rolling Stones for The Animals' cover of Texas Alexander's House of the Rising Sun.)

Hey, speaking of songs you have to hear, The Animals' House of the Rising Sun!

Posted by Basarab

I don't know about you, guys, but IMO it's kind of strange to listen to songs separately... initially those songs were included in an album, so they're part of a concept, if you pull them off, i.e. you separate them from the album they belong to, you might not get a proper image...

Well. The topic is "Songs you have to hear", so...
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Alice Cooper - Poison
Uriah Heep - July Morning
[b]Deep Purple[b] - Child in Time

... I could go on for days.