Well, my iPod is officially dead.

Posted by Omni

It stopped working yesterday. I think the battery is shot. It was a 60GB iPod video, and I've had it for just over an entire year. What do you suggest I do now? I don't think you can change the batteries, so what kind of MP3 player should I get next?

Posted by Arcadios

*Waits for Vamp to post an idea of an Apple loophole idea*

Mine:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EHCUIY/ref=pd_cp_e_image/102-0999451-6118523?ie=UTF8
I've been having it for about 7 months.
no problems what so ever and it's extremely durable.
Ask Wings if you want another person's opinion on it.

Or:

Friend of mine has this one.
Basically same as mine but it scratches easily.
Battery time is very long so it's more for people who are out alot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Zen_Vision_m

Posted by Omni

I was thinking about getting one of the new Shuffles, so I look it up and found this hilarious safety message comes on the packaging of first- and second-generation Shuffles.

[center][IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p236/jjn777/DoNotEat.png[/IMG][/center]

They apparently marketed it as smaller and more fun then a pack of gum until someone tried to chew one. That's what the article said.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I was thinking about getting one of the new Shuffles, so I look it up and found this hilarious safety message comes on the packaging of first- and second-generation Shuffles.

[center][IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p236/jjn777/DoNotEat.png[/IMG][/center]

They apparently marketed it as smaller and more fun then a pack of gum until someone tried to chew one. That's what the article said.

They need to or else they can get sued.

Do this...buy another iPod.
Same color and same amount of memory.
Switch your new iPod and your old one.
Go back to the store and tell them it was defective and then just ask for your money back or store credit.
If you don't have too many scratches then it might work.

Posted by Omni

I bought it on the official website and they keep track of the fancy little serial number on the back of the thing.

Posted by Arcadios

Oh, so much for that but me and my friend always did that and they never kept track of the serial numbers.
=/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Basically same as mine but it scratches easily.

Nothing scratches as easily as an iPod, so he should be used to this problem.

Posted by Omni

I have a case. Mine has only a couple of tiny scratches from when I first got it.

Right, which is why you have a case. Just like every iPod owner.

Posted by Hyper

Cowon or Creative.

Posted by Sage Shadows

The Creative Zen Vison M is amazing. Long battery, durable, and an orgasmic screen. I like da cock. I really envy PHM. Zeta is hawt. How come I will never experience true internet love?

[center][/center]

Posted by Omni

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll look into these ones.

Another iPod. No TWO IPODS!

Posted by Omni

I like the sound of that!

Posted by Xenos

Ah, I use to have an eight-gig-sansa until there was some issue with the data flow. I because rather irate and returned it to Costco. So yeah, now I am stuck MP3-less ... as spoiled as this may sound, it is hard to live without.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, I think I'm gonna get one of the little Shuffles with 1GB of space on it. It's less expensive, and I don't usually keep much music on there. I also use it mostly at work, so the small size would be ideal for me. :)

Posted by Xenos

Er, what the hell? I said eight gigs? I meant four, sorry.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a two or three as long as its rather sturdy. Either way, its a large upgrade from the 500 MB I had for the past four years prior.

Posted by Omni

Most of my songs that go on my iPod are 128kbps, so they also don't take up much space, while the quality is still okay. The way I figure it, since Apple seems to insist the average song file of that bitrate is 4MB, I can put 250 songs on one of those Shuffles, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting that. I also don't really care about having a screen. I like random playlists.

Posted by Raptor

Microsoft Zune.

Posted by Dexter

Can't you simply send the iPod to the headquarters, pay a little, and get a new battery life put in? That way you don't have to spend all the time putting the music back in there, right?

Posted by Stalolin

Squeeze it.

Seriously, my friend did this to his Ipod after it stopped working and it totally came back to life. We started trying it out on other Ipods at the school that had stopped working and they too returned to the side of the living.

Posted by Omni

Do they actually offer replacement batteries? If so, I was not aware.

Posted by Dexter

I'm sure they do. I think it costs about 50 bucks and that's that.

Posted by Omni

I will look into this.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Xenos: ... as spoiled as this may sound, it is hard to live without.

I know what you mean.
I wouldn't know what I'd do without my MP3 Player.
:(

Posted by Shade

You wouldn't? You would buy one, silly.

Posted by Omni

My iPod Shuffle came today, but I'm having this problem with it. When I try to put my music on it, it tell me that it can't be synced and that the disc can't be read or written to. Then when I try to turn it on, the power light flashes red and green then goes off. What the ****?

Posted by fates warning

Thats why you should have gotten a creative zen :/

Try reinstalling itunes or something.

Quoted post: Thats why you should have gotten a creative zen :/

Except, you know, there's no guarantee the Zen wouldn't **** up either. No one piece of technology is problem free.

Anywho, send it back. Get another.

Posted by Omni

I think I just needed to reset it. If this doesn't work, I'm sending it back and getting a different kind, because apparently other people have had this problem, too.

Posted by fates warning

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except, you know, there's no guarantee the Zen wouldn't **** up either. No one piece of technology is problem free.

Anywho, send it back. Get another.

I know people with both, and through my observations, it appears Zens **** up much less than ipods.

Posted by Shade

Or, you know, don't get a ****ty iPod shuffle.

Posted by Arcadios

In store warranties sure are fantastic. :)

Posted by Omni

Or you know, buying directly from Apple and also getting guaranteed replacement of defective merchandise is cool, too.

Posted by Arcadios

Nah, I rather just go to the store I bought it from and just say it's busted.
They say "Which other one would you like?" and BAM, I exchange it and walk out the store with a new MP3 player with no cost whatsoever.

Posted by Shade

Whenever I use my warranty, I usually get a different color. Mix it up.

Posted by Omni

I talked to one of the customer support people. Apparently they can mail me a new iPod and I just have to send the defective one back in the box that once comes in. The next one better work properly.

Posted by mis0

2gig Shuffles are win. I have one, it plays music in my car, while I'm on the bike, or when I'm in a boring lecture. it's small, simple, and lightweight. It just works. Wouldn't have anything else.

Posted by Xenos

I finally got my sansa. Its an 8-gigger. Very nice. It has some good features such as voice recording which works quite well for lectures. Before I bought my old sansa that was four gigs for one hundred and thirty dollars, however, this sansa was about one-fifty [including tax]. They are both the same thing as far as functions go, but this sansa is slightly upgraded in things such as the exterior, interface, etc. Very nice.

needs more gigs

Posted by Xenos

My music collection is only ten gigs, mon. Maybe 15, at the most, since I have **** scattered everywhere.

Posted by Omni

Mine is like 18GB or so now. A few months ago is was 13 or so.

Posted by Raptor

85 gigs here. I'm still finding most mp3 players with large hard drives out there to be pretty much a rip-off, price wise. Do they even have anything out with 100 gigabyte capacity, yet?

Posted by Fate

Personally, I don't care to have every song from every album I listen to. It takes up too much space to keep every song and I find myself pressing forward too many times. The only full albums I have on my iPod are Yo-Yo Ma's Appassionato and Lola Ray's two albums. About 2GB, if that.

Posted by junior senior

you can "donate" your old ipod towards a new one and get a discount. mine had an internal error and I got a new one back in May, got it for free during the warranty was still good. only thing that's different is my name isn't on it. :( oh and hadly any scratches since I got the plastic housing.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Raptor: Do they even have anything out with 100 gigabyte capacity, yet?

There's an 80GB iPod, but I think that's it.

Quoted post: 85 gigs here. I'm still finding most mp3 players with large hard drives out there to be pretty much a rip-off, price wise. Do they even have anything out with 100 gigabyte capacity, yet?

I thought you had more music than I did. My world is shattered :(

But yeah, 80 is the most you can get right now, and that's an iPod. Guaranteed to changed within the next three years I bet.

Posted by Arcadios

I heard a 100GB iPod is suppose to be in the making or something.

Posted by Omni

Okay, so they finally sent me my replacement one and I just got it today. It works, so it's all good. I just have to mail the other one back to them now or else I have to pay some fee for not returning their broken piece of crap to them. Took them long enough to ship it. I have no idea why.

Posted by Arcadios

Jesus, that took along time.

Posted by Shade

That's what she said.

Posted by Omni

You've never had that experience with any she, Shade.

Posted by Slade

Boy am I glad I got a girlfriend before I ever ventured onto the internet.