New Mario Galaxy pics/trailer

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, I thought they'd at least release some new vids of one of the big three games.

[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/771/771579/super-mario-galaxy-20070308014605100.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/771/771579/super-mario-galaxy-20070308014606068.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/771/771579/super-mario-galaxy-20070308014606834.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/771/771579/super-mario-galaxy-20070308014607584.jpg[/IMG]

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748588/vids_1.html

Those graphics are so **** good!

Posted by maian

Awesome. Reminds me of Sunshine's obstacle courses, which were challenging, and very Mario esque. Exactly what I want.

Loving the graphics.

Posted by Bebop

Very very beautiful. The gameplay looks great and hopefully it'll make great use of the Wii's controller.

Posted by Zeta

This really should shut people up about the Wii's graphical capabilities.

AND SUNSHINE OBSTACLE COURSES FOR THE MOTHER****ING WIN!

Posted by TheSorrow

great graphics and hopefully the controls for it are good as well

Posted by Big Boss

I saw this live and recorded it as Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto was presenting it. GDC PICS AND VIDEOS COMING SOON!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Only good thing to come out of the keynote.

Posted by Drewboy64

I think those graphics are comparable to some 360 games.

Posted by Unite

wonder how the game will look on my 1080p hd tv

Posted by Drewboy64

Probably really good, if you have components.

Posted by RandomizeR

that looks sweet

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Big Boss: I saw this live and recorded it as Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto was presenting it. GDC PICS AND VIDEOS COMING SOON!

Where areee they?

Posted by Tendo

that looks awsome man, I'm going to get it as soon as it come out (I hope) does any new how many hours of game play there are (i'm not a big fan of short games)

Posted by Speedfreak

We don't know how the game works, how the heck would anyone know something like that?

Posted by Ant

I'm guessing 1000's.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I love to say, "I told you so." So, for all those people who kept saying that Mario 128 was going to be a game, and I had to tell them that Mario 128 was nothing more than a test of the GameCube's capability:
I told you so.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

This game could quite possibly be the next Mario 64...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Skitzo Control;590235]I love to say, "I told you so." So, for all those people who kept saying that Mario 128 was going to be a game, and I had to tell them that Mario 128 was nothing more than a test of the GameCube's capability:
I told you so.

No one but the most ignorant of fans thought Mario 128 was an actual game. Enjoy gloating over retards.

Posted by Jesus Christ

I really don't have high hopes for this after New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Sunshine, but it looks pretty good. Best looking game on the Wii, by far.

Posted by Speedfreak

New Super Mario Bros ruled, you sir are a faggot.

Posted by Jesus Christ

Quoting Speedfreak: New Super Mario Bros ruled, you sir are a faggot.

Why? It was the same rehashed game with a few things implemented to make it seem new. It really was a huge disappointment after the way it was hyped. Nintendo promised something new and stuck with the same boring, safe formula. Sure you could call adding a pseudo 3D appearence revolutionary, but you'd have to be retarded to do so.Same with the Huge and Tiny mushrooms, they really didn't add to the game. It was really drab, boring piece of garbage. Also, way to support what you said with a personal insult!

I guess the same thing happened with Wind Waker (which was awesome) and Twilight Princess (which was not so awesome).

Posted by Speedfreak

Lol, yeah, it was rehashed. You sure sound like you've played the 2D Marios to death.

You don't know what the heck you're talking about. I've been playing the 2D Marios for 15 years, my only complaint about the new one was that it was too easy, but that's coming from someone who can do the first level of SMB1 with his eyes closed. It's an otherwise brilliant title with a fantastic multiplayer mode.

Posted by Jesus Christ

Quoting Speedfreak: but that's coming from someone who can do the first level of SMB1 with his eyes closed.

Wow. I stopped reading here, because, well, you've proved to me, and anyone else who reads this thread, that you are king nerd and your opinion should be taken as fact.

I, however, do know what I am talking, and this game was boring and safe regardless. Ask anyone who owns something besides a Nintendo system.

Yeah, New Super Mario Bros. was easy as hell. No doubt about it.

Also, quit acting like you're the authority on all things video games. You're worse then most posters on gamefaqs.

Posted by nich

This dude's got balls. I disagree with you though, I thought it was high time mario came back to it's roots, and it was a great game besides.

Posted by Jesus Christ

I never said it was a bad game. In fact, the only bad Mario games that come to mind are Sunshine and Hotel Mario for the CD-i. It's just not all that fun. Nintendo just needs to get more creative and quit rehashing games. Then again, Nintendo fans are so brand loyal and will buy anything the Miyamoto puts his name on that this will probably never happen.

Posted by Zeta

Sunshine wasn't bad.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sunshine wasn't a remotely bad game, it was one of the best platformers of last generation. Unless you're gonna tell me Vexx or Jack and Daxter was better. It just wasn't totally amazing like previous Mario games.

Mario Galaxy won't suffer from that or the flaws you perceive in NSMB because it will totally change Mario and isn't trying to get back to it's roots.

I'm not acting like I'm the authority on all things videogames, I'm acting like your opinion is entirely worthless. You called NSMB a rehash when there's not a single game in the series that's like it. Unless you're stupid enough to assume it's a rehash because it has pipes, blocks, fireflowers and jumping. You have yet to explain your reasoning, which I've given you ample time to do.

And for your information I owned all the systems last gen and I'm in the process of building a next-gen PC that pisses all over Xbox 360 and PS3 combined right now.

But I guess being a Mario fan automatically makes you a fanboy. If gamefaqs is where you came from then be prepared to get smacked back there if you keep that attitude up.

Posted by O.T.L

And for your information I owned all the systems last gen and I'm in the process of building a next-gen PC that pisses all over Xbox 360 and PS3 combined [I]right now.

Cool , just wonderin is it a big system...?

you have any unique games that you've made ???

Posted by Jesus Christ

Quoting Speedfreak: Sunshine wasn't a remotely bad game, it was one of the best platformers of last generation. Unless you're gonna tell me Vexx or Jack and Daxter was better. It just wasn't totally amazing like previous Mario games.

Haha, you're such an idiot. Jak and Daxter was mediocre at best, same with Sunshine.

[quote]Mario Galaxy won't suffer from that or the flaws you perceive in NSMB because it will totally change Mario and isn't trying to get back to it's roots.

I'm really hoping it's good, and I really want it to be good.

[quote]I'm not acting like I'm the authority on all things videogames, I'm acting like your opinion is entirely worthless.

This is coming from someone who thinks DBZ is good. Unless you are 12, there is no excuse.

[quote]You called NSMB a rehash when there's not a single game in the series that's like it. Unless you're stupid enough to assume it's a rehash because it has pipes, blocks, fireflowers and jumping. You have yet to explain your reasoning, which I've given you ample time to do.

You simply called me a faggot and throw names around like a 12 year old, which I'm beginning to expect you are.

[quote]And for your information I owned all the systems last gen and I'm in the process of building a next-gen PC that pisses all over Xbox 360 and PS3 combined [I]right now.

Yet, you hate every franchise made by anyone who isn't Nintendo. This is going by your post history, in which you have not said anything negative about nintendo.

[quote]But I guess being a Mario fan automatically makes you a fanboy. If gamefaqs is where you came from then be prepared to get smacked back there if you keep that attitude up.

Why, because I disagree with you? Is this what you do because you can't argue like an adult? Fro the record, I've enjoyed most of the Mario games.

Posted by maian

I don't know, I agree with Jesus here. ;| (lol)

New Super Mario Bros was fun, I'll give you that. But really, I have trouble playing it through more than once because it's so easy, and there's really not anything special about it. I think it would've been a truly awesome amazing game if they implemented the same kind of gameplay, but expanded on the 2D Mario formula. Instead, it seemed like they forgot the other Mario platformers exist and just insisted on making a 3D version with the same exact style as the original SMB. If NSMB actually expanded like Super Mario World did to the 2D genre, it would've been amazing. Intstead we got a completely linear SMB1 clone with 3D graphics. It's fun, sure, but it's much less than it should've been.

And gawd, it's so easy. SMW still actually challenges me today. :(

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Jesus Christ: Why? It was the same rehashed game with a few things implemented to make it seem new. It really was a huge disappointment after the way it was hyped. Nintendo promised something new and stuck with the same boring, safe formula. Sure you could call adding a pseudo 3D appearence revolutionary, but you'd have to be retarded to do so.Same with the Huge and Tiny mushrooms, they really didn't add to the game. It was really drab, boring piece of garbage. Also, way to support what you said with a personal insult!

I guess the same thing happened with Wind Waker (which was awesome) and Twilight Princess (which was not so awesome).

I'm pretty sure the message Nintendo gave was "it's going to be a new side scrolling Mario platformer!". I never heard them promising a completly new formula or pushing back the frontiers of platformers. I guess you're just an idiot.

Quoted post: Unless you're gonna tell me Vexx

Man... I did not expect to hear that name ever again.

Posted by Bebop

Didnt they make a sequel to Vexx? I'm sure they did. More suprising than the fact people played Vexx.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Zeta:

AND SUNSHINE OBSTACLE COURSES FOR THE MOTHER****ING WIN!

Agreed, that was the best part of the game IMO. I bet you anything they based the whole game off of those.

Quoting Speedfreak: No one but the most ignorant of fans thought Mario 128 was an actual game. Enjoy gloating over retards.

Ha ha... that's funny because Gamefaqs had it listed under GameCube games for a while there.

Quoting Jesus Christ: Why? It was the same rehashed game with a few things implemented to make it seem new. It really was a huge disappointment after the way it was hyped. Nintendo promised something new and stuck with the same boring, safe formula. Sure you could call adding a pseudo 3D appearence revolutionary, but you'd have to be retarded to do so.Same with the Huge and Tiny mushrooms, they really didn't add to the game. It was really drab, boring piece of garbage. Also, way to support what you said with a personal insult!

What the heck? Dude the whole point of this game was to return to the roots. If you want to call this game a re-hash, then you have to throw the whole series out because each game in the Mario Brothers series (with the exception of SMB2) were pretty much the same under your microscope. Fire flowers, stars, BOWSER CAPTURES TEH PRINCESS, OH NOES, etc... SMW must be a bad game then because the only thing that changed there from SMB3 was the worlds and the way you could fly.

Also, the same pretty much goes for the rest of Nintendo's series, so lets throw them out too!

Quoting Speedfreak: Lol, yeah, it was rehashed. You sure sound like you've played the 2D Marios to death.

You don't know what the heck you're talking about. I've been playing the 2D Marios for 15 years, my only complaint about the new one was that it was too easy, but that's coming from someone who can do the first level of SMB1 with his eyes closed. It's an otherwise brilliant title with a fantastic multiplayer mode.

Eh the multiplayer mode was actually what I hated about the game. I was very disappointed in it because it wasn't the ACTUAL GAME with multiplayer, instead it was like more like Super Mario Brothers DX multiplayer on GBC.

Quoting Jesus Christ:

I, however, do know what I am talking, and this game was boring and safe regardless. Ask anyone who owns something besides a Nintendo system.

Ahem, I just so happen to be a person who owns systems other than a Nintendo System. I think the game was refreshing and fun.

Quoting Zeta: Sunshine wasn't bad.

It wasn't BAD, but it wasn't GOOD either. Probably one of the lesser Mario games.

Quoting Jesus Christ:
This is coming from someone who thinks DBZ is good.

DBZ is good.

Quoting maian: But really, I have trouble playing it through more than once because it's so easy, and there's really not anything special about it.

I don't have any trouble. I think it's pretty fun to play. I do agree that they should have expanded it somehow, but hey Nintendo isn't perfect.

Quoting maian: And gawd, it's so easy. SMW still actually challenges me today. :(

I've beaten that game so many times, I can't count. I could play it in my sleep. lol

I am interested in the multiplayer in Mario Galaxy. Miyamoto said something about that the second player can either help, or hinder the first player. Something tells me that there won't be Luigi in this game. :( WHY ON EARTH can't Nintendo go back to the old way with one and two players, Mario and Luigi?

Posted by maian

SMW doesn't challenge me, but it's not so easy it's a total complete bore like NSMB is. There's always plenty of ways to go in SMW, and there are the levels that I'll die a few times on. NSMB? No way.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

NSMB's a rehash. It plays exactly the same as every Mario game before it, and actually feels like a step down from Super Mario World, bar the 3D style. Sure, there's new items, but a mushroom that actually makes the gameplay harder? wtf? It's definitely no Raccoon Suit.

I'm excited about Galaxy though.

Posted by TendoAddict

I enjoyed the NSMB , it wasnt a real challenge, but it was fun. By definition, yeah it was a rehash. But I appreciate that nintendo made it anyhow. If it was more challenging I would of liked it more.

Quoted post: Eh the multiplayer mode was actually what I hated about the game. I was very disappointed in it because it wasn't the ACTUAL GAME with multiplayer, instead it was like more like Super Mario Brothers DX multiplayer on GBC.

It was fun and with multiple people, Im not sure how much more you could of gotten out of it.

Quoted post: Sure, there's new items

And boy do they suck.

Quoted post: Didnt they make a sequel to Vexx? I'm sure they did. More suprising than the fact people played Vexx.

Nope, no sequel.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Speedfreak;591151]No one but the most ignorant of fans thought Mario 128 was an actual game. Enjoy gloating over retards.
Oh, I will... I will...
[quote=Speedfreak;181133]Probably because of the disappointment that was Mario Sunshine and the amazing success of Super Smash Brothers Melee. I'm sure when I see Mario 128 running on a Revolution I'll get hyped for it.:-D

Posted by muffla

jesus is the next poco

i am really excited for smg (lol) i really liked sunshine, but dont condicder it a mario game, i know it sounds weird but the flud (flod? cant rember) just made things too diffrent. i hope the planent hopping wont do the same thing. maybe nintendo should just make another mario 64 wid diffrent maps and missions, none of this extra stuff. it worked on smb3 vs smb2

Posted by Fate

The game looks beautiful, but there's something a little off about the textures. I can't pinpoint it. I'm glad that the game looks the way it does considering it's on the Wii.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: I am really excited for smg (lol) i really liked sunshine, but dont condicder it a mario game, i know it sounds weird but the flud (flod? cant rember) just made things too diffrent.

I would venture to guess because the water jet pack made all the jumps easy and safe. Some times you could make a bad jump then "take it back" and try till you got it. When you did make it you could use your shadow to make a safe landing point. Far from SM64

Thats why everyone likes The Obstical courses W/O the jet pack, Its harder and you go back to root jumping.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting muffla: jesus is the next poco

Holy cow.... you don't realize how much truth is in that statement!

Quoted post: The game looks beautiful, but there's something a little off about the textures. I can't pinpoint it.

I think you are right... there IS something off.

Posted by Jesus Christ

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nope, no sequel.

Was Vexx made/published by Acclaim or am I mistaken?

[quote=moron]DBZ is good.

Go back to Wireforums.

[quote=The X]NSMB's a rehash. It plays exactly the same as every Mario game before it, and actually feels like a step down from Super Mario World, bar the 3D style. Sure, there's new items, but a mushroom that actually makes the gameplay harder? wtf? It's definitely no Raccoon Suit.

I'm excited about Galaxy though.

This is what I've been saying.

Yeah, Acclaim.