Wii is a piece of ****e

Posted by Drewboy64

http://wii.ign.com/articles/771/771051p1.html

Chris Hecker (working on Spore) called Wii a piece of $#!+ because it isnt powerful enough and doesn't let games be artistic. Even though, you know, okami runs fine on the PS2 and Zelda runs fine on the Gamecube. And Mario Galaxy looks amazing.

But oh well.

Posted by Bebop

Wii allows plenty of room for artistic ventures.

I can understand him being angry for it not having enough power as Spore requires alot of meat from what I understand.

Posted by Drewboy64

Although I'm sure they could dumb it down a bit. I hope they can without ruining the experience at least. Besides, wii interface+spore=awesome.

Posted by Axis

I can tell you right now that the chance of Spore coming to the Wii is about 5 percent.

Posted by bazariah

what does he mean by artistic??

good art could mean anything to anybody

some people like looking at pictures of tins of beans rather than look at a picasso or a van gogh

what a twat

Posted by s0ul

spoilers: he didn't say Wii doesn't let you be artistic

I think there's plenty of merit in what he said.

Posted by Oforia

wii + spore = disaster.
computer + spore = masterpiece.

Enough said.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, you're going to have to explain that one.

Posted by Big Boss

He apologized today at a Lecture.

Why?

Chris->Maxis->EA

End of.

*Psst - Spore will rock*

Posted by protomanv4

O my *** how dare him!

Posted by Toaster From Mars

>_____________________>

Posted by Linko_16

[quote]He then shared quotes from executives at Sony and Microsoft talking about games as a serious artistic medium, and then a quote from a Nintendo executive saying the company only wanted to make "fun" games.

Nintendo wants to make fun games? What poor delusioned fools...

Anyway, half the time Nintendo tries different art forms for games, [url=http://www.the-nextlevel.com/previews/gamecube/zelda_wind_waker/zelda_wind_waker_11.jpg]everybody gripes about it[/url].

Posted by Drewboy64

The guy apologized and said he went too far in a rant where he was trying to make poepl laugh. The wii is not ****e.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Games were most creative when they had to improvise: AKA the SNES era.

Ever since the strength of consoles have become more and more refined, more and more people have been making flashy but generic games because all the tools are right there so they don't have to problem solve.

Looks is only a small part of a video game: Concept, playability, re-playability, plot / theme, atmosphere ect ect, so much more important.

The only genre's of games that truely dependent of great graphics are: Free Roaming Sims (GTA, Driver ect), Survival Horror, Driving games, Simulation games and to a lesser extent FPS
(I'll build on this later, maybe, it's diner time:D)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Don't bother :rolleyes: