Lego MMO

Posted by Zeta

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166822.html

Huh.

Posted by Oforia

Looks interesting, but to be honest, I think this will probably suck. Just considering, that in my opinion, 90% of all the other lego games were completely horrible. Could be cool for the lego nerds though, but most likely will be flooded with little lego kids who are complete douchebags.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

So, what, will the MOBs be Bionicles or something?

Posted by Echo

Woah. If that winds up being any good, screw WoW. Lego is where it's at.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Echo: screw WoW anyway

Fixed.

Should be sweet. It's be great to walk around a world decorated with things built my other users. Lego cocks included.

Posted by Creedence

Ya, Lego Star Wars wasn't bad and I gave it a chance so I'll give a Lego MMO a chance also.

Posted by Raptor

I preferred Lego when it was nothing more than a set of building blocks. I don't care much for this Bionicle/Star Wars/MMO ****. Perhaps it's the 'retro' in me speaking, but why must everything change for the worst?

Posted by GameMiestro

Because Lego Star Wars is the only game where you can have Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine, Yoda and General Grevious go at it in one big deathmatch? Doing PvP battles on Lego Star Wars was very addicting, I would love to see some huge multiplayer team based matches.

Posted by maian

Quoting Mixman: Looks interesting, but to be honest, I think this will probably suck. Just considering, that in my opinion, 90% of all the other lego games were completely horrible. Could be cool for the lego nerds though, but most likely will be flooded with little lego kids who are complete douchebags.

Lies. Almost every Lego game I've played has rocked.

Lego Island was addicting, Lego Racers was totally fun, and Lego Star Wars takes the cake. I haven't played the Bionicle games, but those probably suck. Simple Legoness is where it's at. I'll give this a try, depending on where it goes.

Posted by Jaems

I'll play it.
As long as I get to play as Lego people.
You know, take a trip to that classic Lego world, without all that Bionicle crap.

Posted by GameMiestro

What would be exciting, and downright revolutionary, is an honest-to-*** sandbox MMORG using Lego pieces. The basic world would just be an infinitely large Lego base, and players would each have an area of "real estate" where they could build anything they want with the pieces they have online. In other words, it would kind of be like The Sims, but with no limitations on what you could build or buy.

Posted by Poco

There is already a lego mmo(sort of), it's called block/brickland I beleive. Helluva alot of fun, though I haven't played it in a while.

Posted by Creedence

Cheap lego spinoffs arent good enough.

Posted by KoH

Dude... who else remembers that really old Lego game... Lego Island or something I think it was... where you played as this lego... kid? who rode around on a skateboard and worked as a pizza delivery kid. I played it when I was really young. I remember that one of the plot twists involved the main character giving a "bad guy" a pizza and then the bad guy used the pizza... heat or acid to melt the prison bars.

I really liked it because it was one of the first, if not the first, free-roaming RPG-esque game I ever played.

/rant

Posted by Creedence

Was it for the 64, I think I remember having a Lego game on the 64. But I don't remember the details.

Posted by Echo

Quoting KoH: Dude... who else remembers that really old Lego game... Lego Island or something I think it was... where you played as this lego... kid? who rode around on a skateboard and worked as a pizza delivery kid. I played it when I was really young. I remember that one of the plot twists involved the main character giving a "bad guy" a pizza and then the bad guy used the pizza... heat or acid to melt the prison bars.

I really liked it because it was one of the first, if not the first, free-roaming RPG-esque game I ever played.

/rant

Yup, Lego Island. That game was sweet. Especially the end when you're in the helicopter shooting the pizzas. Being able to explore the island was so much fun.

Did anyone play Lego Creator? It wasn't really a game, per se, but was just a big Lego building game. It was essentially "sandbox" play, and you could build a city and make cars and planes and stuff. You could also put Lego men on the ground and they could interact with things. I always either made really neat airplanes and flew them around and run into things, or try to be really creative with dynamite (by far the coolest brick in the game).

I loved that game so much.

Posted by Zeta

I used to have some Lego Chess on my PC. Used Cowboy or Pirate Legos, and I thought the animations played when taking an opponent's pieces were funny as hell.