EGM's latest April Fool's joke...I hope...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://gameonrevolution.blogspot.com/

In addition to my already well-known disgust with the Kingdom Hearts series, I think I would throw up controlling Link with Kingdom Hearts controls and camera-angles after finishing Twilight Princess with it's flawless controls and presentation. I certainly hope this turns out to be the joke.

Posted by Fate

I think it'd be too dumb to exist. :(

Posted by Arcadios

Rather retarded.

Posted by Zeta

I want to kill myself after seeing that image of Mario with a keyblade.

HERE'S AN IDEA: DROP THE DISNEY AND KINGDOM HEARTS RELATED STUFF, AND THROW IN CAPTAIN N.

Indeed. Captain N has needed to appear in a video game for ages now. His voice actor is still getting work, too, so it would be easy to get new voice samples in order to put him in Smash Brothers or something, at least (he still sounds like Captain N, too!). Since Captain N is purely an American creation while Smash Brothers is developed in Japan, though, I sincerely doubt such a marvelous thing will ever occur. I think liscencing would need to be acquired from DIC, too. That entire show is a liscencing nightmare from today's perspective!

Posted by lanzer

ahhhh EGM...the birthplace of game rumors and april fools jokes! first it was the sonic in SSBM then the naked patch for DOA: XBV and now...this! watch it come true like the theory of sonic as a new character in SSBB and the REAL naked patch for DOAXBV!

Posted by Drewboy64

Man, that would be so awesome!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Why would the use Captain N? barely anyone outside of hardcore fans/internet fags know who he is.

Anywho **** sucks.

Captain N's got awesome powers that would fit well in Smash Brothers, though how he would use his mighty "PAUSE!" battle-cry would have to be somewhat more limited than was usually demonstrated in the show.

The show did have a somewhat Kingdom Hearts-esque story to it, though, if you think about it. Heroes from numerous different games traveling to numerous game worlds fighting villains from everywhere.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Why would the use Captain N? barely anyone outside of hardcore fans/internet fags know who he is.

'sup Pit and Ice Climbers pre-Smash Bros?

Quoted post: 'sup Pit and Ice Climbers pre-Smash Bros?

Sup completely pointless point.

More like half a point. Ice Climbers have nothing to do with Captain N, and Pit was called Kid Icarus on the show. Phrasing that strange statement in the form of a question was odd, too. "Dangeresque...too?"

Posted by Zeta

I meant few people knew who the Ice Climbers and Pit were before they appeared in Smash Bros, and that didn't stop them from getting in, so what's wrong with Captain N? :cookie:

Except it made sense considering the type of game that was being created. A KH game? Not so much.

Posted by Linko_16

That's the fakest-looking April Fool's Joke I've seen in a while... it's obvious that Mario was modeled by someone different than Sora and Mickey.

I miss the days of Sonic and Tails in Smash Brothers, or Lord of the Rings cart racing.

EDIT - to be honest, though, ever since I first heard of Kingdom Hearts, I've wished that Square had done it with Nintendo instead of Disney.

Posted by Zeta

Hell, I would have liked Looney Tunes instead of Disney. Wonder how that would have turned out. >_>

I can't wait until we see Kratos in KH.

Posted by Fate

He'd be the villain. No way he would work with Sora.

Master Chief. Yeah.

Posted by Fate

...*******.

It would be epic.

Posted by lanzer

http://kotaku.com/gaming/mushroom-kingdom-hearts/kotaku-magu-totally-fake-mushroom-kingdom-hearts-243308.php

if someone hasnt posted this yet!

Posted by maian

You don't have to have an article to know it's fake. =/

I mean, look at Mario. Yeah, it sure is a good render. But, compare it with Mario Sunshine renders. Totally similar.

EGM also made a mistake when they said "All they gave us was this logo". If it were a new logo, it wouldn't have the KH2 versions of Sora and Mickey.