Will SSB ever evolve past just Nintendo characters?

Posted by Creedence

I think they have taken there first step by using Snake, list some characters that you think would be cool on future SSB games.

I think it would be great if they used characters from Capcom games. For instance Dante, Vergil, X, Zero, and maybe some characters like Cloud, Sephiroth from Square Soft, and maybe even Sora and Riku. Please post your thoughts, thanks.

Posted by Iris

I wouldn't mind seeing fighting games with familiar characters from other franchises, but they wouldn't do it with Super Smash Brothers. I wouldn't want them to anyways, since I already like the current line-up and any more characters would be unnecessary.

Posted by Zeta

Nintendo should keep it the way it's going to be in Brawl; 2-3 3rd party characters. Nothing more than that in future Smashes.

Posted by S

I agree they should keep it the same. Last thing we need is another DBZ vs. One Piece vs. Naruto game.

Posted by Creedence

True I guess, what if they made a game just like it for another platform, what characters would you like it to have. It wouldn't be a smash game but the reason I made this thread was to learn what characters you would think it would be cool to have.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

What Iris said. Except no one can make a really good Smash clone.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Umm the closest thing to that would the be M.u.g.en./Capcom VS. series.

Posted by Creedence

I guess noone else thinks it would be cool in the slightest to have any more characters? Comon, that's bull, someone post there opinions, I waste my life reading them and I would like to waste my life reading yours.

Posted by Zeta

Pretty sure there's a "Suggest 3rd party characters" thread somewhere. >_>

Posted by Red

I always though Megaman EX. would have been a good character for smash bro's and they could somehow make it like Zelda/Shiek. wehre you could change between Lan and Megaman. I even thought of Megaman's A attacks
A1-CyberSword
A2-Wide Sword
A3-Long Sword
A4(rapid attack)-...ummwhat was that program advance called =-[

plus the battle network series has so far only been on Nintendo so it COULD work.

Posted by Zeta

Same with the Zero series. And MMZ Zero has already been in a fighting game so why not another? :cookie:

Posted by Red

Capcom Vs. SNK was it?

still never played it, but you have a very good point there!
if they did have him in SSB I just hope they'd have the brains to make his Air attack the cool flips he did, and not the the single air slash.

Quoted post: Umm the closest thing to that would the be M.u.g.en./Capcom VS. series.

No, the closest thing would be "DreamMix TV World Fighters." It even has Snake in it.

Posted by Creedence

Yea, all great ideas. Even thinking up the attacks, thanks for sharing your opinions Red. DreamMix Tv World Fighters, didnt even know it existed, I'll have to look into it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DreamMix_TV_World_Fighters

:

* Simon Belmont
* Twinbee
* Power Pro-kun (Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū '94 - Super Famicom 1994)
* Solid Snake (Hidden)
* Moai-kun (Hidden)

Hudson Soft side:

* White Bomberman
* Master Higgins
* Yugo the Wolf
* Momotarō (Momotarō Densetsu - Famicom 1987)
* Sengoku Manjimaru (Hidden)
* Bimbōgami (Momotarō Densetsu - Famicom 1987; Hidden)

Takara side:

* Optimus Prime ("Convoy" in Japan)
* Tyson Granger
* Microman ("Biotron" in the U.S. Micronauts comic book)
* Licca-chan (Japanese fashion doll)
* Megatron (Hidden)
* Asuka (Cool Girls toy line; Hidden)

Posted by Zeta

Of all the possible choices, why did they use Mujoe as the final boss?

Posted by Creedence

Cool thanks for the link.

Posted by Creedence

Well this is getting old and nobodys posting so i guess its about to die. Nice talking to you all while it lasted. But still if anyone wants to post somethings its still in the process of dieing and not dead yet.

Posted by darkwhispers

i fear that the closest to square enix characters in brawl would be the fact that nobuo uematsu performed the opening theme :( how disappointing
oh well better get a wii for mii (lol)

Posted by Red

Quoting darkwhispers: i fear that the closest to square enix characters in brawl would be the fact that nobuo uematsu performed the opening theme :( how disappointing
oh well better get a wii for mii (lol)

Nubuo Uematsu preformed the opening theme to brawl?! I'm confused.

*ignores un-funny wii joke*

Posted by darkwhispers

yeah it even says so on wikipedia:
"The main theme for Brawl was revealed in the E

Posted by sonic hedgehog

uh...not to burst your bubble, but snake is 3rd party char. and he is in the game

Uh...not to burst your bubble, but you can't ****ing read.

Well played, champ.

Posted by DarkBlade

I believe the guys who made Chrono Trigger and some other wide known rpg branched off themselves so they may be able to once again make a another CT game or even put him into something >.> I dought Brawl is an option but perhaps in a future nintendo system. Once they do consiter me the next Crono SS? master ~.^

As for snake, I believe he was bought for some game in nintendo or something long ago.. Not sure but I recall a good reason to have snake.

Posted by bazariah

i'd love to see aditional characters brought in from other lines rather than just nintendo characters...

but if that were to happen it would lose the SSB magic... thus it could be good if they took the route capcom/snk took and maybe make proper cross overs

Quoted post: As for snake, I believe he was bought for some game in nintendo or something long ago.. Not sure but I recall a good reason to have snake.

Wouldn't be the first, or even the second time he's been on a Nintendo platform. That, and Kojima really wanted him in there.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting bazariah: but if that were to happen it would lose the SSB magic...

I think it would be fine, as long as they used characters you could picture being used by nintendo. No one like Master Chief or any of that.

Posted by Zeta

Only characters that have actually had a game on the console, with them as the one of the main characters. So then Cloud and Sephiroth couldn't get in despite the fact that they're in Chain of Memories.

[spoiler]haet Clod and Suckiroth.[/spoiler]

Posted by Creedence

I'd also like to see Crono and frog in a SSB game, and theres more of a chance in that than in Cloud an Sephiroth.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

dude....if Chrono was in a SSB....i would sink to my knees and cry with joy.

Posted by maian

Wasn't Snake in Metal Gear 1 and 2, and Twin Snakes? I thought MG1/2 were on the NES. And, he had a Game Boy title. He started with Nintendo, if he's indeed the one in the NES games.

Posted by Creedence

Yea, I think thats right, if my memory serves me, but I'm not gonna look into it.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting maian: Wasn't Snake in Metal Gear 1 and 2, and Twin Snakes? I thought MG1/2 were on the NES. And, he had a Game Boy title. He started with Nintendo, if he's indeed the one in the NES games.

First two were on the NES. Don't know about the Game Boy one. Never played a single MGS game.