Sony is "glad the shelves are full" of PS3s

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Ever notice how, when you go to Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Fry's, whatever, the Wii shelves are empty, while PS3s are piling up? *** forbid you think this to be a sign of the Wii's continuously selling out, and the PS3's slow-selling struggles! It is actually INTENTIONAL on the part of Sony! And Jack Tretton, CEO of SCEA, wants you to know, lest you think otherwise!

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sony-on-PS3-We-re-Glad-The-Shelves-Are-Full-3092.html

Have no worry children, for Comrade Sony is stealing the day against the evil Nintendo!

Posted by Zeta

Oh wow. The stupidity is just too much.

Posted by Arcadios

Gawd, when will it stop?

Posted by Lord of Spam

their delusions are impressive. I mean, thats almost republican logic.

Posted by Bebop

I can kind of see what they are trying to say. I agree more availabilty means more possible consumers. But really thats as deep as it goes. Really, really stupid.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

... what the **** are they supposed to say? It's called spin.

Posted by Ant

THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO ADMIT DEFEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't they do that by actually releasing the console lolololetc

Posted by Roger Smith

When will sony admit that they have failed this generation?

Posted by Zeta

Hey guys, if I go around town and buy every single PS3, and thus empty the shelves, will that make Sony sad?

Posted by Roger Smith

They'd prolly jump out of the their corporate building's windows.

Posted by TendoAddict

Jack Tretton is an *** hole. He's just another version Kaz and just as stupid.

A few weeks ago he said he'd pay $1,200 per PS3 that was found in stores.

When he realized that was just about the stupidest thing one person could say he had to spin over stock to some thing good.

Gee wiz Sony, good job on keep shelves well stocked. It must be hard to stock up items that sell like s[COLOR="White"]h[/COLOR]it, you deserve a pat on the back.

But you know Sony, there is a even better time to keep the shelves stocked. Its called LAUNCH.

Maybe if you had more then four PS3's per store we could of downed the amount of muggings and shootings.

Posted by Zeta

I thought Harrison was the American Kaz? =/

Harrison isn't American.

Anywho, you're all faggots. Sony bashing isn't fun anymore.

Posted by TendoAddict

I ment Jack was like Kaz in terms of stupidity, not actual rank.

Quoted post: Anywho, you're all faggots. Sony bashing isn't fun anymore.

But they make it sooooo easy.

Posted by TendoAddict

I ment Jack was like Kaz in terms of stupidity, not actual rank.

Quoted post: Anywho, you're all faggots. Sony bashing isn't fun anymore.

But they make it sooooo easy.

Its not like people are trying to dis sony because of the type of box they decided to use. (That was a fun one

Posted by Degeneration

Tretton goes on to comment that denial is nothing more than a river in Egypt.

But in all seriousness, would you rather have Sony take Microsoft's embarrassing [url="http://kotaku.com/gaming/microsoft/whats-wrong-with-you-234147.php"]"WhatsWrongWithU"[/url] approach to deal with shortcomings? You can't blame a company for trying to find a bright side to a bad situation.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Anywho, you're all faggots. Sony bashing isn't fun anymore.

LIES!

Anyway, we're used to spin people. Nonetheless PR could have given something that was worth while. When it boils down to it this is bad spin.

What could they have said? That's exactly what he should have said. When the Nintendo can't keep five year-old technology in stock this is a pretty good opportunity for Sony to attempt to trump them by stating "hey, we can keep up with demand" even if the demand isn't that high.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Sony bashing isn't fun anymore.

Wrong. Sony bashing will NEVER stop being fun.

Nah, I'm actually right. It's fun when it's a major **** up, but this is spin. MS does it, Nintendo does it, so on and so on.

Posted by Jaems

magnificient! everyone's happy!

Posted by Poco

um, a few weeks (like 2) ago he was saying that it was impossible to find a PS3.

Posted by Degeneration

February (responding to EGM's claims that there are PS3s on store shelves)

"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to verify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a PlayStation 3 on the shelf for sale. They've all been sold in a matter of minutes."

You lie! Demand is totally meeting supply! We're just that good!

----------

March...

"It's a testament to the fact that we've been able to manufacture and ship units on a greater pace than any previous console," Tretton said. "Our goal is to fill shelves across the United States. Our goal is not to have empty shelves, it's to have full shelves. If we have empty shelves, that's one less consumer who could have bought a PlayStation 3."

Well, duh! Of course demand isn't meeting supply! We're just that good!

Tretton is made of pure superhero. Don't hate on his eternal correctness.

See, now that is hilarious. i didn't realise it was the same guy.

Posted by Poco

yeah, i guess gamestop, EB, bestbuy, and walmart are not retailers.

infact, lets turn this into a game. Go to the Gamestop website, and find how many places have 4+ PS3s.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Zeta: Hey guys, if I go around town and buy every single PS3, and thus empty the shelves, will that make Sony sad?

Stop preparing for war.

Posted by Zeta

Too late. I've already bought like 50. Sadly, I couldn't find a single Wii.

Posted by GameMiestro

The new models of the Wii are invisible, didn't you know?

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Degeneration: February (responding to EGM's claims that there are PS3s on store shelves)

"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to verify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a PlayStation 3 on the shelf for sale. They've all been sold in a matter of minutes."

You lie! Demand is totally meeting supply! We're just that good!

----------

March...

"It's a testament to the fact that we've been able to manufacture and ship units on a greater pace than any previous console," Tretton said. "Our goal is to fill shelves across the United States. Our goal is not to have empty shelves, it's to have full shelves. If we have empty shelves, that's one less consumer who could have bought a PlayStation 3."

Well, duh! Of course demand isn't meeting supply! We're just that good!

Tretton is made of pure superhero. Don't hate on his eternal correctness.

I laughed.

And, that sudden change was brought by the fact that people have been buying the new PS3s and have been somewhat dissapointed at the fact that it MAY still need some work. Hmm, it's starting to level out.

First the sales are off the chart.
Then, the sales drop by a significant amount.
Secretly, Sony sees this and goes to work on improving the PS3.
A newer model goes on sale and the sales slowly rise and then level out in a steady pattern.

There's actually nothing wrong with the hardware. It's had little to no problems since it debuted which is a huge improvement over past Sony products and even the 360. They only thing they need to fix is their online service, which shouldn't be difficult. Plus, they're already working on it, just look at "Home."

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I agree "Home" is currently my favorite part of the PS3...It looks very cool and the concept intrigues me. I have to try it out for myself to see if I can actually enjoy it. Has any one here tried it yet?

... no. No one but the people at Sony have even touched it.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

When are they planning on releasing it?

there's a closed beta sometime in April, and then an open one in August. Pretty sure the final copy will release in October.

Posted by Miles "Tails" Prower

I have never owned a sony system. I feel that MS and Nintendo systems are better. I like X Box (360) because of the awesome graphics, and I like Nintendo for the continuation of old school games. PS 1 and 2 have done nothing for me, and I do not believe 3 will either, and that's why I got a 360. I saw the minimalism of games for the PS3, and also the expense. The cheap version is $600!!! I got my 360 with HD cables, hard drive, wirless controller, and XBox live accerories for only $400. To tell you the truth, I think the PS3 is a rip off and a total bust for Sony.

Posted by Fate

Home is going to rock the PS3.

Posted by Bebop

Im not the sold on Home. Just seems like Habbo Hotel with a Sims look.

Posted by mis0

Well, as long as I can /b/lock the pool (closed due to AIDS of course), then Home is all good.

Posted by Zeta

I'd buy a PS3 just so I could block Home pools.

Quoted post: Well, as long as I can /b/lock the pool (closed due to AIDS of course), then Home is all good.

oh ***... I never even considered that. Too bad it costs so much, and /b/tards have so little :(

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Video games have become much more buisness than it use to be, the difference between Sony and the others is that it doesn't bother trying to push boundries, they deal with gaming the same way they deal with their other electronics: Make it big, make it flashy to suck in the materialists than build it as cheaply as possible and over charge for it.

For a TV or a simple DVD player, that tactic doesn't matter so much but when it comes to a video game console the consumers have a little more self respect. Sony should have waited a year or so while putting on a bunch of smiles, that way it would look like they cared to do things right as well as not come across as being affraid of being left behind: Loyalists would be happy to wait an extra year for a better product.

Nintendo and MS have their own set of problems, but this is about PS3:D

Quoted post: Make it big, make it flashy to suck in the materialists than build it as cheaply as possible and over charge for it.

Like the PS3? Or right, they lost not only billions in R&D but tons more on every console sold.

Posted by Degeneration

Quoting Angerion the Brave: Video games have become much more buisness than it use to be, the difference between Sony and the others is that it doesn't bother trying to push boundries, they deal with gaming the same way they deal with their other electronics: Make it big, make it flashy to suck in the materialists than build it as cheaply as possible and over charge for it.

For a TV or a simple DVD player, that tactic doesn't matter so much but when it comes to a video game console the consumers have a little more self respect. Sony should have waited a year or so while putting on a bunch of smiles, that way it would look like they cared to do things right as well as not come across as being affraid of being left behind: Loyalists would be happy to wait an extra year for a better product.

Wow. I don't think that entire essay contained a single true statement. how u do dat?

Quoting Angerion the Brave: Video games have become much more buisness than it use to be, the difference between Sony and the others is that it doesn't bother trying to push boundries, they deal with gaming the same way they deal with their other electronics: Make it big, make it flashy to suck in the materialists than build it as cheaply as possible and over charge for it.

Take 80 percent of what's been said in this post, and make it the opposite, and you have true statements.