Favorite Time Period...on vgc.

Posted by Ant

Simple, no? Explain what your favorite period of time has been on VGC. I make this after a small amount of retrospect upon my stay here. And where I'll be going(or should I say staying?) on this site. Anywho...

For me, I would have to say about 2, 2 1/2 years ago. Late 2004-Early 2005. Everyone that joined at that time was fairly well-established. But with that, there was still a lot of activity. And among that activity itself was a lot of well-thought out posts. As for myself, however, the whole gunbound craze was the best part. It was a real good "bonding" experience with the fellow members on this site.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Winter of 12003, shortly after I firest joinded. Thatsssss when I startded talking to Zypehr Blade, Sable Wind, and Soul Calibru.

Posted by GameMiestro

When RPG Inferno 2 just came out. I liked competing with Bazariah and Jesse Smith.

Posted by ExoXile

I suppose... Now?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

WHAT? IT CAN'T BE NOW! NOW SUCKS JUST LIKE EVERY PAST NOW!

There was never a favourite time period. Well, except for when I first joined, posted once and forgot it even existed for the next three months. Good times.

Posted by Raptor

That time Curr the Conqueror put the [url=http://home.comcast.net/~alanweiss3/dwedit/flash/rockandrollmcdonalds.html]Rock 'n' Roll McDonald's[/url] flash video up on the main index page.

Posted by Corrupt

Honestly, as soon as I changed my name to Corrupt on March 2nd of 2004 (wow, almost exactly three years ago), I started to really enjoy myself. I was just so happy to have found a forum with plenty of people that didn't suck, plus the friends I made then I still consider very close to me. This lasted up until around July of 2005 when I decided to get myself demodded, and then for a while I hardly visited the place at all. Not to say that I'm not enjoying myself here now, though (otherwise I wouldn't bother coming here).

Posted by Omni

Probably the last few months, due to a lot of cool music.

Posted by Fate

When The Duckfather was here and the members of VGS formed a rebellion.

Posted by Oforia

I was reading stuff on here in 2002, but I never decided to register until 2005. 2005 was probably the best.

Posted by Colonel

about January of 2006, right after I joined. this site was where I got most of my information about Nintendo Wii, and Nintendo DS. Also it was before the Kingdom Hearts Board and all the morons like panic came

Posted by junior senior

2003 when Bjarni was still around and mrkatana was here :(

Posted by Zeta

When kirbykid and Mr.Cool's blogs were around. What happy, incompetent, idiotic times those were.

Posted by G-Sides

up until december of 01, when all of my favorite members were still posting. miss u guyz

Posted by Iris

Any time when my favorite members still posted regularly.

Posted by Shade

2005. Good times.
Right now the only thing I like about VGC is the smoothie shop. =\

Posted by Linko_16

I dunno. A while ago.

Posted by Philsdad

Best time on here was definitely late 1998 on the Zelda message board, right after Ocarina of Time came out. I miss Viper, Taleny, Trevelyan, Brotha Man, Mewtwo, Link621, trian-xy, Fido, Link's Love Child/Joy and all the other greats from that time.

Posted by Sean Fury

When I first joined, about 2001/2002 I would guess? Right after the Great Cheese Wars ended.

Posted by Jesse Smith

April 2002, April 2003, April 2004, April 2005.... :D:D:D:D

Oh my...what happens in about a month!!! :D:D:D:D

er, Kingdom Heart fans, don't have a heart attack in a month!!! :D:D:D

Quoting Philsdad: Best time on here was definitely late 1998 on the Zelda message board, right after Ocarina of Time came out.

Yes, back in da WWWBoard days, that was the best!!!! You know you're doing something right when activity is so massivly HUGE that you have to keep pruning 'old' stuff. (Back then they didn't have Page 1, Page 2, Page 3....and WWWBoard was good at crashing!!)

Posted by maian

2003/2004ish.

VB2 era was so much better than VB3 era. Granted, we have a lot of great members now, but the ones back then match the ones now. VB2 was just awesome.

Posted by Kamek

I miss the WWW boards. I miss just posting, hitting refresh and getting 2 replies already. I miss the old chatrooms and I really miss the old System Wars board.

Posted by Ch

I loved coming to this place summer of 2005. There was a lot of activity and interesting topics and funnier members.

Posted by Ant

before zeta was here.

Posted by The Judge

The 1920's, before this horrible place existed.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Ant: before zeta was here.

Zeta Join Date: Jul 2002
Ant Join Date: Aug 2002

... Huh.

Posted by Ant

YOU WERE METAL SONIC ZETA THEN! BIG DIFFERENCE BUDDY

Posted by Zeta

NOT REALLY, COLD FIRE

Posted by The Judge

I was The Judge.

Posted by Shade

Hey guys, remember when I had a 32 at the end my name?

oh wai-

Posted by Kit

When I changed my name from ****** Kirby.

Because that also happened to be my birthday.

Posted by Dexter

2003 was an excellent year. VGC helped me in many odd, inspiring ways. Saddest, most difficult year of my life and I'm honestly glad I had VGC around to give me laughs, however immature or clever, and actually provoke some serious contemplation on various aspects of my existence. I changed dramatically during that year, especially during the summer and fall seasons.

Posted by Shade

Thanks to VGC, I now occasionally say "i lol'd" out loud.
THANKS.

Posted by Echo

Probably a year or two after I joined (2002-2003). I knew some people and the boards were still active, and they just seemed more enjoyable back than.

Also, when I got modded. Whichever upgrade that was. It still makes me laugh when I think about the conversation me and Speedy were having when I became a mod.

And when I played Maple Story with some of the guys who played that for a short while. A very short while, but it was fun killing pigs with Linkman.

Posted by Linkman

Phear Teh Strom!!!1 :-D

and...

- Late 2003. lol UGF
- Summer 2004 - Early 2005. Vegans4lyfe. Never forget. :(

Posted by Axis

I would say 2004-2005. This place has become quite boring as of late.

Posted by Xero

2006-2007 has to be the year I enjoyed VGC the most. Mostly during summer 2006. The black sun started up and...well yeah...it started.

Posted by Roger Smith

2003-2005

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Ant:
For me, I would have to say about 2, 2 1/2 years ago. Late 2004-Early 2005. Everyone that joined at that time was fairly well-established. But with that, there was still a lot of activity. And among that activity itself was a lot of well-thought out posts. As for myself, however, the whole gunbound craze was the best part. It was a real good "bonding" experience with the fellow members on this site.

same for me anty. :D

Posted by Ch

Quoting Axis: I would say 2004-2005. This place has become quite boring as of late.

You're right there, man.

Posted by Red

probably around the time I first joined as "VeemanEXE." I believe. it was new to me and I was a complete newbie. but I remember having ALOT of different members at the time, when I came back a few years later as Mr.Red the site seemed less active and I had to adjust to different people. however I do like the people here at vgc now:)

Posted by Poco

when i first joined it was rad.

now we have all the semi-pedo animu retards on here.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting maian: 2003/2004ish.

VB2 era was so much better than VB3 era. Granted, we have a lot of great members now, but the ones back then match the ones now. VB2 was just awesome.

I have to agree with maian. vB2 was definately better. That is my fave time period.