When is a newbie no longer a newbie?

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

This question I've had wrapped around my thoughts for a while. Is there an official time when a newbie is no longer a newbie?

Posted by mis0

When they edit their "post milestones" from their sigs.

[QUOTE=Khao

Posted by Hyper

You have to drop all newb-like habits. The post count milestones in the sigs are very newbish. Just participate a lot and don't be stupid and you'll be fine.

Posted by Corrupt

Well, if you're a newbie (and not a "n00b"), then I'd say after several months or so, you'd pretty much crawl out of "newbie" range. But then again, as you might know, there are people here that aren't newbies anymore, but are still genuine and complete idiots. Just hope you don't sink to that level.

Then again, that's just my outlook on it... I'm sure different people have their own definitions and perspectives on newbies and such.

Posted by brownoystercult

I think your no longer a newbie when your well fitted and adjusted to your enviroment, meaning knowing who the people are, getting involved in activites and polls and post intelligently. Also when youre acknowledged by the vets and have them not think or see you as a newbie is definitely that one step further. Thats how I see newbs no longer newbs.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Uchiha Itachi: I think your no longer a newbie when your well fitted and adjusted to your enviroment, meaning knowing who the people are, getting involved in activites and polls and post intelligently. Also when youre acknowledged by the vets and have them not think or see you as a newbie is definitely that one step further. Thats how I see newbs no longer newbs.

You're looking at 100% USDA grade q n00b right here, then.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The day u become a n00bie, or when 10% of the members know you by name, you officially stop being a n00bie, er newbie!!!

Posted by Draxamus

When you can snatch this pebble from my hand.

Posted by William

It doesn't really depend on a time frame.

In my eyes at least, you are no longer a newbie when:

You have been fairly active, at least a few members actually know of you, you are recognized around the boards, you can contribute to topics with halfway intelligent posts, and you sacrifice 10 virgins to Satan...

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Draxamus: When you can snatch this pebble from my hand.

You, sir, are still a n00b.

Posted by Jim Rome

Newbie is only a term those with FEAR of being outdated use.

Posted by Legend Saber

You stop being a newbie when you stop making stupid threads about when you stop being a newbie.

Quoting Legend Saber: You stop being a newbie when you stop making stupid threads about when you stop being a newbie.

I asked a simple question. You don't have to go ragging on it.

Posted by Nizmo

Another non-newbie quality is knowing when to relax.

Quoting Nizmo: Another non-newbie quality is knowing when to relax.

If you're talking about that last statement I made, I was relaxed. It may not seem like it, but I was.

Posted by Nizmo

No no no, I was just saying it in general.

If you can set yourself in a calm state, you wouldn't be flooding boards with
:gas: *pikachu* *oscar* :bowser: :sniper: :) :devil: :devil:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting higbvuyb: You, sir, are still a n00b.

You, sir, are a funny guy.

Posted by sabre

Hmm... let's see.

I'd say a variety of different factors determine whether you're new or no. Really, it's probably in the eye of the beholder. To a newbie, someone who's been around two months seems to have been around for quite a while. To someone who's been around since the start, people can sometimes take a year or more before they don't really seem to be new. Of course, the amount you post and the style you post in can be a factor: Someone who posts a lot and confidently will be regarded as less of a newbie than someone who only posts every now and then and with a slightly more wary fashion - it can sometimes take only two months from my own perception for someone to be not a newbie, and I've seen people of whom I still perceive as relatively new who have been around for six months or so. Like, I tend to view Death-By-Minnow and Slade as not being newbies, any more, even though they've not been actively posting for very long (many members only consider a member to have really "joined the folds" when they start posting more regularly). I recall it only took a month or two before I started considering Trigger and Corrupt "old hands," and even less for Calamity.

If you post well, however, nobody will care about your registration date. It's just a number, and I couldn't give two craps about it. Most people ignore it when reading a post, anyways, so my advice would probably be not to worry about whether people consider you new or no - post well and it's unlikely anyone else would worry either.

Posted by Draxamus

Quoting higbvuyb: You, sir, are still a n00b.

Uhh dude, I've been at WoN since 1998. I'm a FREAKING VET.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Draxamus: Uhh dude, I've been at WoN since 1998. I'm a FREAKING VET.

Uhh, idiot, age has nothing to do with n00bishness. You could have been at a forum for 10 years and still be a n00b.

And you are. With your stupid whinging about "oh noes why did my stupid immature avatar get deleted"

Quoting Sabredog]
If you post well, however, nobody will care about your registration date. It's just a number, and I couldn't give two craps about it. Most people ignore it when reading a post, anyways, so my advice would probably be not to worry about whether people consider you new or no - post well and it's unlikely anyone else would worry either.
[/color]

Hmm... So, what your saying is: post as often as you can and don't be stupid.... Or something like that. I think I got the core idea there.

Quoting Nizmo: No no no, I was just saying it in general.

If you can set yourself in a calm state, you wouldn't be flooding boards with
:gas: *pikachu* *oscar* :bowser: :sniper: :) :devil: :devil:

Oh, okay. Don't worry. I won't flood the boards with that crap.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting higbvuyb: Uhh, idiot, age has nothing to do with n00bishness. You could have been at a forum for 10 years and still be a n00b.

And you are. With your stupid whinging about "oh noes why did my stupid immature avatar get deleted"

Drax is no n00b.

Posted by Bebop

There is no post limit or anything. It's the same as "when does a boy become a man?". I'm referring to the metaphorical thing of course.

Posted by Draxamus

"Uhh, idiot, age has nothing to do with n00bishness. You could have been at a forum for 10 years and still be a n00b."

That's after the definition gets twisted.

"And you are. With your stupid whinging about "oh noes why did my stupid immature avatar get deleted""

If you call standing up for myself "whining." And that "whining" seemed to make a difference, didn't it? Also why are you bringing that up here or at all? That's old news. If you really want to continue to argue about such things, PM me, or make a separate thread; or you can message me using AIM. My SN is "floofykins."

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Draxamus: "Uhh, idiot, age has nothing to do with n00bishness. You could have been at a forum for 10 years and still be a n00b."

That's after the definition gets twisted.

"And you are. With your stupid whinging about "oh noes why did my stupid immature avatar get deleted""

If you call standing up for myself "whining." And that "whining" seemed to make a difference, didn't it? Also why are you bringing that up here or at all? That's old news. If you really want to continue to argue about such things, PM me, or make a separate thread; or you can message me using AIM. My SN is "floofykins."

I won't bother. You'll just come up with 'lol wtf admiral anthrax was abusing power'

Posted by Draxamus

Quoting higbvuyb: I won't bother. You'll just come up with 'lol wtf admiral anthrax was abusing power'

He was. Although you can replace "lol wtf" with examples of how he was.

Posted by higbvuyb

Banning an idiotic retard is not abusing power. It's a good thing.

Posted by Draxamus

Banning a single person was not the only thing he did. Also he even ADMITTED to abusing his power. So I really don't know what ground you're standing on.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Draxamus is NOT a n00bie. To members who don't know him and havn't seen his posts in the past, he might look like a newbie, with that small post count.

Posted by loony636

I think that a newbie is no longer a newbie when they stop posting posts like:

Quoting Just an example: lol im gr8t and i think th@ Jesse should make me a mod!!!w00t w00t!!!

etc.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Jesse Smith: Draxamus is NOT a n00bie. To members who don't know him and havn't seen his posts in the past, he might look like a newbie, with that small post count.

By calling him a n00b, I didn't mean he was new, just stupid.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Jesse Smith: Draxamus is NOT a n00bie. To members who don't know him and havn't seen his posts in the past, he might look like a newbie, with that small post count.

*Gasp* A non-crackoism post!

Posted by Jesse Smith

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my posts are supposed 2 b on crack!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Draxamus is more intelligent than atleast 90% of the two leged creatures here, including hig*insert random letters*. :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by loony636

Quoting higbvuyb: including hig*insert random letters*.

Its higbvuyb. Who cares if your posts are crackoism or not? I know you want to stay in character and everything, but you can post normally if you really want to.