Agalloch

Posted by Omni

I just started listening to this band. The Mantle was an incredible album. Based on what songs I've heard so far from Ashes Against The Grain, it's also awesome. They're easily one of my favorite bands I've started listening to recently. For those who haven't heard, Agalloch is an American folk doom metal band. They're also extremely good.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

One of the best bands out there.

Posted by Hyper

Listened to them almost exclusively for the last 24 hours. The Mantle, mainly. Shade will tell you that Pale Folklore is better, but don't let him fool you.

liiiiiiife is a claaaaaay urn on the mantle

Posted by Omni

Based on how good it is, I doubt they have a better album than The Mantle. I'll grab Pale Folklore from somewhere this week and give it a spin to see how much I like it, although as far as I've heard it's very different from their other 2 full-length albums.

Posted by Dexter

I have their 3 albums. They are all worth having, but The Mantle is definitely my favorite. Shin-Ra got me into them a few years ago. It's cool because they're from Portland!

Pretty Hate Machine, you're starting to listen to the good stuff. Next is Anathema!

Posted by Omni

Quoting Dexter: Pretty Hate Machine, you're starting to listen to the good stuff.

Hey, a lot of the stuff I've listened to for years is good, but I've learned about so much new music since I joined VGC. A lot of the music I listen to is also stuff I just happen to like even if it's not that amazing. I actually like a lot of black and doom metal now, and a lot of other things I hadn't heard before, too.

[quote]Next is Anathema!

I haven't heard of Anathema, but I'll probably check them out now.

Parts of Folklore is better than Mantle and parts of Mantle is better than Folklore. I can't honestly say one is better than the other.

Posted by Hyper

I need some Anathema as well. Hook us up, Dexy!

Doom, general metal, or atmospheric rock era? Personally, I've always thought they were a better rock band than doom or metal.

Posted by Hyper

Whatever you recommend.

Posted by Shade

Hyper, for the last time. Pale Folklore > The Mantle

Although Ashes has the best single song, Falling Snow.

Not Unlike the Waves wins for the suicidal black scream.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade32: Hyper, for the last time. Pale Folklore > The Mantle

Although Ashes has the best single song, Falling Snow.

You have one guy that agrees with you and he doesn't even go here enough to count.

Posted by Shade

My opinion is what matters most to me. =\

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Not Unlike the Waves wins for the suicidal black scream.

SOLSTAFIR!

Posted by Omni

My favorite songs by them out of what I've heard so far are "...And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth" and "In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" and both are from The Mantle.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade32: My opinion is what matters most to me. =\

Then stop disagreeing with me.

There is no right or wrong because neither is better than the other. You can argue that Ashes is the worst, but that's like saying Superman sucks compared to Martian Manhunter (MM is better all-around than Superman, but they're basically equals in almost every sense of the word and both ****ing rule lol)

Posted by Hyper

lol you sure showed us not like we (I) all ready knew that stuff or anything

Huh? I wasn't showing anyone anything.

Posted by Hyper

i thought everyone realized by now that being a music elitist on vgc should always be considered to be a (usually not funny) joke and not something to be taken seriously

Wait, what? Martian Manhunter? You lost me.

Posted by Raptor

Never thought much of them, personally. Nevermore is far superior.

Posted by Shade

Wrong. And they're not very similar, IMO.

Posted by Hyper

Nevermore and Agalloch? Not similar at all. Who takes the cake? I'd say Nevermore, but only by a little.

Posted by Dexter

Ouch. Tough choice. I'd go with Agalloch. I definitely listen to them more and I could listen to them easier for an extended amount of time. It's difficult for me to go through an entire Nevermore album these days, especially compared to how easy I can go through an Agalloch album. Also, Nevermore's newer material is fairly boring to me, musically, but still lyrically interesting.

Posted by Omni

Can someone upload an album by Nevermore so I can hear them?

... nevermore ****ing sucks. What the hell is wrong you people?

Posted by Omni

Hyper sent me one of their songs. It was okay, but it wasn't amazing or anything like that. Agalloch is better in my opinion.

Posted by Dexter

What song did he send you?

Posted by Omni

"Believe In Nothing" is the name of the song he sent me. He tried to send me another, but we had problems with AIM file transfers.

Posted by Dexter

That's a good song. Not the best from the album but solid.

THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST FOR 3 DAYS! I'll miss you guys. Muah!

Posted by Shade

Must spread rep!

Nevermore's best for me is The Psalm of Lydia, simply for the intro. But yeah, Agalloch are 9347103473 time better.

Posted by Hyper

Also sent Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday, my personal favorite, but it didn't work. :(

Posted by Omni

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. I don't know why the AIM transfers get screwed up between you and I sometimes. Maybe you were right, and it was from that music program you use.