What Kind of TV or Monitor do you have?

Posted by Cruxis

I have a SAMSUNG 32" LN-S3238D 720p LCD HDTV (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5031323). I replaced my 37" Polaroid PRO LCD HDTV with it last weekend (purchased them at WALMART, Circut City overprices). So far I'm doubling it as my gaming-tv/PC monitor.
(if I could find a LN-S3738D, I would replce it in a heart-beat though)

I also have a:

42" AKIA Projection HDTV (2005)
27" PANASONIC Stereo CRT TV (1999)
19" Emerson FLat-Screen CRT TV (2005)
13" ORION Mono CRT TV (2000)

Samsung LN-S3238D
[IMG]http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/03/67/25/23/0003672523255_215X215.jpg[/IMG]

Although I don't really use any of them that much anymore.

Posted by Xenos

A small, simple and inexpensive Toshiba TV with a VCR attached. I don't mind it much, really. Just a poor student - 'sides, I don't watch movies or much television besides C-Span, CNN, and the History Channel. I doubt I'll be buying anymore TVs anytime soon unless this one dies.

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Xenos;545270]A small, simple and inexpensive Toshiba TV with a VCR attached. I don't mind it much, really. Just a poor student - 'sides, I don't watch movies or much television besides C-Span, CNN, and the History Channel. I doubt I'll be buying anymore TVs anytime soon unless this one dies.

I can tell you are the intellectual type.
But, I bet when you get that dream job and make some real cash, you'll spring for the Big TV's. Trust me, Learning the founding principles of the entirety of the Human Government on History Channel HD beats the hell out of learning it from Text Books:D.

Posted by Trigger

LG Flatron L1750S. If anyone really cares to know more about it, Google is always there for all your product searching needs.

Posted by Raptor

I can't say much good about most of those brands you listed, cruxis, save for Panasonic. Even Samsung has a spotty record with me.

For a TV, I have a Sony Trinitron 27". It suffered major cosmetic damage in the earthquake, but it replaced my Philips 27" which got demolished. And for my desktop computer, an overly and heavy gigantic Sylvania 19" CRT. I want to get a flat screen monitor not only for a better display, but to free up a significant amount of space on my computer desk.

Posted by Crazy K

I have some ****ty 32'' RCA home Theatre TV that we had since like 92, and in my room I have a 27'' Memorex TV. A nice LCD TV sounds pretty great right about now.

For my computer I have a Princeton CRT, no idea of the size, but it's good enough.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

21" Toshiba flat-screen for a TV.

19" Dell CRT as my main monitor, and an 21" NEC CRT as my secondary. I also have a 21" Philips LCD still in its box.

Posted by ExoXile

TV - Panasonic Quintrix 24"

Me monitor's an Acer 19"TFT

Posted by KoH

[quote=Raptor;545642]I can't say much good about most of those brands you listed, cruxis, save for Panasonic. Even Samsung has a spotty record with me.

I was just about to say that.

Here's what I have:

Unused:

1 19" CRT Viewsonic Monitor
1 21" CRT Dell Monitor
1 17" LCD Acer

Used:

1 20.1" LCD Viewsonic
1 13" CRT TV for occasional satellite TV watching (I hate TV so this is sort of unused)
1 42" HDTV Plasma - Uhhhhh... ****ing hell, I can't recall the brand name. It was a semi-off brand but it does a **** good job at playing games and movies. Slightly defective when there's a completely black screen as there are two darker vertical bars on either side of the screen. I got it as a discount because of that and I don't mind. :)

Also, I know what you're going to say... "omfg plazma sux 4 teh gamez koh!!!1" Well I disagree. Although I must say that in comparison to an HDTV LCD, the LCD would win, but this is still enough for me.

Posted by Trigger

I'm a bit of an LG bitch, I have to admit.

LG monitor, 3 LG phones, LG DVD player, LG DVD-Rom. All of them have been excellent products; my partner and I are even heavily considering purchasing an LG fridge and washing machine. I swear, they make a lot of money from me.

Posted by KoH

Dude... such a ****ing LG whore. I swear to ***.