Wow.

Posted by maian

Has anyone ever had someone they know just...die? I've just been informed that a friend of ours died last weekend snowmobiling, after crashing into a tree and immediately dying from head injury.

It's weird. I didn't know him that well. He was in my youth group. But nonetheless, he accompanied us on several campouts, and we all knew him pretty well. Our ward split, so we stopped seeing him every Sunday and Wednesday, etc. But now, he's dead. I'm not really sad about it, since I didn't really know him that well. But, it does make me sad. He was a nice guy, and probably had a lot going for him. Last weekend was his fourteenth birthday. Younger than most of the people he was with, but, wow. I can't imagine what him family is going through.

But yeah, ever had that feeling? It's so weird, and pretty sad when somebody you know just goes like that. Anyway, there's going to be a memory night for him on Wednesday. How unfortunate.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I've had a couple really close friends OD up and out of no where. It's brutal and I'll never fully accept it. etc

Posted by Dexter

My best friend died in 2003. I watched him die, saw him take his last breath, and we had a three weeks up until his death where we all knew he was going to die. Toughest three weeks of my life. My sister and his family were the only ones in the room when he died and the aura is unforgettable and still difficult for me to explain. The last couple hours watching him die was the slowest couple of hours of my life, but I wish it could have been slower. I know the smell of a corpse now.

Posted by Oforia

One of my really good friends died at a club. She OD'd on Ecstasy. It was one of the strangest experiences of my life, because I was one of the last people she saw before she died. I dream about it every now again, so the thoughts aren't going away.

One evening on my way home from work, I saw 2 guys on the interstate who were trapped in a car that was burning. They were locked inside the car, somehow, and a police officer was running to help them. I could see a horrid look on their faces, as they were screaming for someone to help them out of the car. Just before the officer got to the car, the car exploded and incinerated the two inside it. It was the most terrible thing I have ever seen in my life.

Posted by Zeta

Grandmother. Cancer. Etc.

Posted by Crazy K

Just around the end of 2006 I found out one of my childhood friends had died. I have not seen him for like 10 or so years, but it felt weird hearing that he had passed.

Posted by KoH

My uncle died from diabetes last weekend. Funeral's this Saturday. I was pretty close to him when I was younger but not so much. Kind of a shocker walking into work today and getting a call from my mom telling me. Bummer.

Posted by MarioStar

My friend died in a fire they found him just two feet from the front door. He had asthma and couldnt make it threw the smoke :(

Posted by Roger Smith

My friend James over at GE died. He was on his bike and got hit by a car. Then there was a few ppl I knew who got killed in Katrina, then my grandmaw died of cancer. I've learned to accept though, welcome to life.

Posted by Omni

My cousins in New York went joy riding and got in a crash a few years ago. One of them is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, and the other one is dead. Also, my older sister's boyfriend suffered a brain aneurysm the day after he proposed to her, and he passed away a few days later. :(

Posted by Xero

More and more of my relatives are dying. My great grand mother dies of parkinson last year, one of my uncle died last week and the husband of one of my grand mother's sister has a cancer.

It sucks. :(

Posted by mis0

When I was about four one of my friends got leukemia, and though I didn't quite understand what was causing him the illness, I knew he was probably going to die. I remember visiting him at the hospital, bringing him a gift. Seeing him so helpless and sick in the hospital bed is one of my most distinct memories from my childhood. He passed on some time after that.

It must be terrible to die so young.

Posted by Iris

Friend of the family died a few years ago. I wasn't terribly hurt, but it difficult trying to console the family. I was around when a few of my grandparents died, but it never really hit me hard. I haven't really had to go through with the loss of some one I'm really very close to.

Posted by ExoXile

My great grandmother died of old age back in 96.
And I think it was in 00 that my uncle got into a fight with his kids and got drunk and took off in his car, only to fall asleep on the road and crash into the face of a cliff.

I don't know if that can be counted as a suicide, but he left his kids more sad than they should've been, since the last thing they did was arguing.

I will never, have respect for anyone who commits suicide.
In my eyes, there's nothing more cowardly.

Posted by junior senior

my parents watched my grandfather die during the day, then went home because they thought he wouldn't die, and 30 minutes later they went down to the hospital and he died. My grandmother, aunt, and cousin watched him die on a morphine drip.

this kid from another town, I watched videos of him months ago. He got in a car accident and his lungs bled out. Later the next day I saw his myspace and everybody left comments, I was like "no, not this kid. out of nowhere this kid dies?"
his best friend is so messed now, man. :(

Posted by G-Sides

tbqh, every person who's died that was close to me had been sick or crazy or whatever and everyone knew they were going to go soon. no accidental deaths or suicides or whathaveyou :s

Posted by Fate

Mother died out of nowhere.

Posted by Linkman

Friend from school (6-8 grade). Asthma attack, etc.

Posted by The Judge

One day I woke up and heard the news my grandfather whom I saw the day before was dead of a heart attack in his sleep next to my grandmother.

One day I woke up and heard the news my aunt whom I saw about a week prior had been killed by having a swarm of brown recluse born beneath her matress, which subsequently crawled out and killed her.

Yeah, it's happened to me.

Posted by veritas

My friend killed himself with a shotgun. No one knows why. Weird thing was in study hall, he seemed percectly fine. Guess you cant tell what a person is thinking.

Posted by s0ul

Maybe he was just aiming for something on the other side.

Posted by Shade

Nobody I can think of. Lucky me.
Everyone closely related to me that's died so far did so before I was born, so eh.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Guess you cant tell what a person is thinking.

Which is usually why the person ends up dead.

Posted by Colonel

Aunt-Breast Cancer
Neighbor/my boss- Bone Cancer
Great Grandmother- Old Age
Great Uncle- Bone Cancer
Friend- Meningitis
Friend- Plowed by a transport truck

Posted by Ch

My mom died in 2005. Stomach cancer.

Posted by Raptor

Someone I knew from high school in a car accident in Colorado, grandmother on my dad's side, and grandfather on my mom's side, both due to old age.

Posted by Bebop

The closet Ive come to knowing someone die was this kid on my estate. I kind of knew him, but he was a dick.

Also this girl at my school went missing and was found dead like 6 months later.

Other than that I guess not :)

Posted by Shade

Oh, I remember. By cousin's best friend died of Miningitus (sp?). She was pretty cool.

Posted by Senator Ramen

It's even weirder when you don't hear about someones death until like years after it had happened. I knew this guy named Casey, I didn't see him very often, but I hung out with him ever now and again. I hadn't seen him for like 2 years, and a while ago I asked someone how he was doing, and they said he was dead. Died in his sleep or something. Heavy.

Posted by Slade

The only close relative of mine who has died is my grandpa. He was in really bad shape for years before his death, though, and he didn't like kids at all so he only talked to me a couple times.