DC++

Posted by Philsdad

Ok, I've plugged this in a few other threads in the past, but I am giving this its own thread. Do any of you folks use DC++ the file sharing program? For those not in the know, DC++ is a decentralized file sharing program based on public and private hubs. I run a hub but only a few people ever use it and it's a very good way for small groups of people to trade music. It's also another permanent chat room people to shoot the **** in.

Looks like the main DC++ site is being DDoSed so, if you need to download it, [URL="http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=40287&package_id=70036"]grab it from here for now.[/URL]

Once you get it installed and running, press Control Q to bring up the quick connect and enter this address: estradasphere.no-ip.org:1412

If you need any help with it, just ask. Oh, and PHM said I should post this here, so don't go crucifying me for spam or anything crazy.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, it was my idea, plus it suits the blog. I'm just glad you didn't make a thread about what you originally thought I was talking about that night. LOL...

Anyways, it's cool because Philsdad has a ton of great music you can download. He has all kinds of metal and some really trippy music, which is a lot of fun. I've gotten a lot of awesome stuff from him. Not many people visit, but if I'm on, you can also download from me, and I have some stuff some people might like as well, though a lot of my music is mainstream.

Posted by Xenos

I have quite a few Space Rock songs, though I am not on DC++ as often as I should be. I think I'll go sign on right now!

My stash is mainly RPGames' arranged music or OST. I do have a huge collection of instrumental/classical music and space rock.

Posted by Omni

Are you coming to Philsdad's hub?

Posted by mis0

Huh. Maybe I'll check this out tomorrow.

Posted by Omni

I'll try and make sure I keep my computer on and stay connected to the hub even while I'm at work so people can download from me if they want.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I'll try and make sure I keep my computer on and stay connected to the hub even while I'm at work so people can download from me if they want.

Yes you better! D:

Posted by Omni

Hurry up and fix your router settings so that you can use active mode and access my files. If you need help, PM Philsdad or talk to him on AIM and he'll be able to help you out. Mine doesn't work in active mode no matter what, so I'm always on passive.

Posted by Xenos

My collection is pretty large, really. 'bout 15 gigs. I would share my ROMs too, but Jim recently got cracked down for it and I, being paranoid, can't imagine the outrage of my parents if they find out I have been on chatrooms and whatnot.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, I'd like to get on DC++ with you more often, because I'm lacking in cool post-rock.

Posted by Xenos

I actually don't have that lot - well, at least compared to Vampiro.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, but I have like nothing. Oh, and I realized while posting these that I had an AIM convo with you open at the same time. LOL...