The Number 23

Posted by KoH

Does anyone know why the **** people apparently hated this movie so much?
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_number_23/

8%? Is this a conspiracy? I saw it and thought it was actually pretty good. I understand though that the actual plot didn't really mean much to the average viewer, and you may have had to follow the 23 theory already in order to fully enjoy the movie (I already knew of it), but come on, 8%? Basically, reviewers are saying that this movie ranks with such horrible flops such as Herbie Reloaded and Underworld 2. Even Steven Seagal movies have gotten higher ratings than 8%.

Well anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this off-beat thriller and would still suggest to anyone that they should watch it if bored. It's definitely not one of the best movies of all time, but it is definitely worthy of watching. Especially considering that there are only **** movies out.

Posted by Fate

I thought it was pretty good. :confused:

Posted by Raptor

I've seen the previews. Looks like an incredibly corny film, and I'm not surprised it got such low reviews. Numerology nerds would probably dig it, but apparently not many professional movie reviewers fit into that category. I would have much rather seen Jim Carrey in a third Ace Ventura movie than spending over 90 minutes watching him get freaked out over a bunch of **** equaling 23. Someone ought to wear a Michael Jordan jersey when they go out to see this film. lol wouldn't that be freaky~

Posted by KoH

Yeah, as I said, people who're familiar with the 23 conspiracy are more than likely to like the movie than the average reviewer with no previous knowledge. I liked the off-beat cinematography as well as the actually decent performances given by the actors (well, aside from that kid).

Personally, I would've preferred to watch 23 as opposed to seeing a third Ace Ventura, unless it struck comic gold and was deemed even more hilarious than Borat.

Posted by Raptor

I'm sure a third Ace Ventura would be far more hilarious than Borat was.

Posted by The Endless

I just want to see more of that **** hairstyle Ventura had.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Raptor: I'm sure a third Ace Ventura would be far more hilarious than Borat was.

No way, Borat was hands down, the funniest movie I've ever seen.

I'd like to see this '23' movie, I just dig conspiracy movies like that.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting boomstick: The Number 23 8/10-Overall, good movie with a nice mix of reality and surrealism and a lot of the number 23.

Yeah, it was a good movie, dunno why it'd get so low, nothing amazing or anything, good film never the less

Posted by maian

Supposedly, they are making a third Ace Ventura. But, it's about Ace's son, and he's not in it. :cookie:

I haven't read anything about it, but it's from a friend of mine who's a hardcore movie fan. Although I haven't heard of it, he's always been reliable.

But yeah, I still want to see 23, despite the reviews it's gotten. How was Jim Carrey? I was going to see it last night, but it didn't go through...

Posted by S

I just got back from seeing it, and for the record, I always ignore critics. The movie kept me interested the entire time, kept me enticed with not only the acting and the deliverance but the dialogue itself. Definately on my top ten, and I applaud Jim Carrey for his role in this film. Really makes me take him seriously as an actor, and a **** good one at that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/majestic/

zing

Posted by Xero

I still want to go see the movie. It looks awesome. The story seems original. The local newspaper rated the movie "to avoid", but I usually ignore that. I thought the movie was going to be awesome. I was quite surprise to see the low rates and the bad comments about it. Most of my friends said it was awesome though.

Posted by Saruman

[quote]Someone ought to wear a Michael Jordan jersey when they go out to see this film. lol wouldn't that be freaky[/ quote]

Why would Jordans jersey #45 mean anything? heh j/k