The Beatles

Posted by Tiptoegecko

didn't see a previous thread, so I decided to make one.

The Beatles- The greatest rock and roll band of all time, in turn created some of the most memerable music in the history of music. They also created the single greatest album of all time: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club. Nothing can stand up to it, and as much as I love Floyd, DSOTM has nothing on Sgt. Peppers. Plus with out that album, I bet you a million dollars we wouldnt have the music we have today.

Bonus fact: Hey Jude was the 1st song on the radio to run past 5 min (I think, its something like it was the 1st longest song to fully run on the radio)

Posted by Arcadios

A bit overrated but they're still a fantastic band.
Revolver was an excellent album.

Posted by Dexter

They are boring. :(

Posted by Omni

Okay, I don't want to see any more threads in here that specifically name bands or albums as the greatest thing ever to happen to music, because opinions are subjective, they change often, and they usually vary from person to person. Thanks.

Sadly, I'll have to say that although the Beatles were influential without a doubt, they are definitely overrated. Most rock bands that came after them owe a debt of influence to the songwriting and recording techniques they helped to pioneer, but they're not universally considered the most influential recording artists in history.

Now for the good news! I do like quite a few of their songs, and they are among my favorite bands. They've got a lot of upbeat and catchy tunes some of which are really trippy.

Posted by Yonaka

I suck and my taste in music is really bad. I also dislike having rep points.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Dexter;544109]They are boring. :(

You are boring.

My favorite songs by them would have to be Across the Universe.

Posted by Proto Man

I have computer problems all the time and I'm a big faggot.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Proto Man: Ringo Star is my favorite Beetle BTW.

For your spelling, you get an F.

"A Day In The Life" is probably my favorite Beatles song. The sections were done really well, especially the weird orchestrated parts. I also love that huge chord at the end.

Posted by Arcadios

"Let It Be" Would have to be my favorite.
:(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Elanor Rigby was the only song I ever liked by them. Aside from that, they strike me just the first boy band.

Posted by mis0

I love "Revolution", "Penny Lane" and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". This is funny because earlier today in the record shop I was looking at some ancient Beatles singles - they were $10/ea so I declined to purchase.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Misoxeny: I love "Revolution", "Penny Lane" and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". This is funny because earlier today in the record shop I was looking at some ancient Beatles singles - they were $10/ea so I declined to purchase.

you should have bought them there and then, they'll only go up in value :)

i love the beatles especially tracks like glass onion and i am the walrus

Posted by Raptor

I've heard of The Beatles. They suck.

Posted by Yonaka

I have horrible taste in music and you should de-rep me.

Posted by Sage Shadows

The Beatles, where to begin? Would I suck their dicks or want them to **** me in the ***?

Posted by Omni

Bumped for this wonderful edit and because I felt like listening to The Beatles today for some reason. They're still so overrated but fun every now and then if you like old rock music.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Although I only like a few of their "radio-friendly" songs(Elenor Rigby, Yellow Submarine, I Am The Walrus), there was tons of good **** they recorded, even if a lot of it is sadly unappreciated. BUT, the one thing I hated by them were the ****ed love songs.

Posted by Dexter

I've actually come to appreciate them much more as of lately.

Posted by Omni

Good, because although they're not amazingly technical musicians, but they invented a lot of the recording techniques and musical elements that are commonplace today in popular music. They also influenced so many amazing artists that came after them, such as Queen and David Bowie.

Posted by Dexter

OMG! AND DREAM THEATER!

Listening to them reminds me of Wacko.

Posted by Omni

I think that the medley at the end of Abbey Road is probably one of their most revolutionary compositions.