finalfantasy

Posted by qulix

out of all the final fantasy games which one is worth my money

Posted by Roger Smith

VII.

in b4 Klarth 7 DOES NOT EXIST.

Posted by Zeta

Go with 5 or 6. 7 is an overrated pile of crap that spawned billions of idiot fanboys.

Posted by Shade

Don't get three. The cave of tides will make you want to kill yourself.

Get 1&2 for GBA. Both are great games, FOR THE PRICE OF ONE.

Posted by Zeta

Nah, 2 sucks, and one might not be enough to hold interest. *** knows how many people depend on a story for their RPGs nowadays.

Posted by Shade

Despite the lack of a gripping story, FF is still a **** fun game.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta: Go with 5 or 6. 7 is an overrated pile of crap that spawned billions of idiot fanboys.

NOOOO AERIS COME BACK TO MEEEEE!!!!

Posted by Shade

omg it made me cried when she *spoilers* died

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

VIII.

Posted by Ant

If you're new to the series, I'd pick up IV on the GBA. Gets you used to it with the classic style. Then if you really like that style of play, get VI also on the GBA. Then try out one of the PS games VII-IX, each has their own little quirk. And then from there, get X, just note that if you have something against romantic storylines, then avoid it. And XII if you want something that is semi-classic, yet with a completely different way of play. I personally don't care for it much, but a lot of other people do.

Posted by muffla

thx i was going to ask the same question, i had dawn of souls and plad the first one untill you have to give some dinomite to a gnome, but i acedently traded it win with abunch of other games XD so i might pick it up again

Posted by NEMI

Get FFVIII, believe me you'll like it. Oh and you can also get FFX, it's also pretty good. Besides, their music scores are just great.... G.od bless Nobuo Uematsu :cheer:!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Shade

The 2D Final Fantasy games are better than the 3D ones.

Posted by Roger Smith

Your 3-D a$$ is better then your 2-D face.

BTW: Sup NEMI?

Posted by Zeta

So I've noticed throughout my internet travels that it's mainly girls that enjoy FF8.

What is up with that?

Posted by Roger Smith

It has the deepest love story next to FF X.

Posted by Red

well I know everyone hate 7, I honestly don't see what wrgon with it..I mean it's still pretty fun to play, the whole materia system was pretty sweet in my oppinion.

but anyway I liked IX sure the characters were all fruity and cartoony, and the story wasn't AMMAZING, but over-all the game was pretty good.

X is also pretty Revolutionary to the world of final fantasy, it's really your own oppinion if you think it's good or bad though.

Posted by Shade

The only thing FFX did for the series was set the bar for the level of gay in one game, and introduce a new leveling system which was pretty terrible, IMO.

Posted by Red

the leveling system wasn't TERRIBLE, it was just trying to make the game more custimizable instead of "battle,battle,battle,battle,battle,level up,battle,battle,battle, level up" and continuelly gaining random stats.

Posted by Zeta

Most FFs always gave you the same stat bonuses upon level up. Not many of them were random. :cookie:

Posted by Roger Smith

None were random, just certain classes got bigger boosts in certain areas. Mages got the magic attk and defen, the warriors got strth and defen.

Posted by Zeta

That reminds me, I need to play through FF6 without whoring out those Esper bonuses one day. =/

Having a base magic or strength of 128 is just too much overkill.

Posted by Shade

I need to mod FF3 to make it harder.

Posted by Red

I need to play 1-6 I only ever played 7-X2

Posted by Shade

1-6 are waaaay better.

Posted by Zeta

Just misread Roger's post....

Quoting Roger Smith: , just certain classes got bigger boobs in certain areas.

>_<

Posted by Shade

Either way, it's true.

Posted by Red

I heard so too,I must try them (knowing I wont like them as much as 7-X but still like them)\

EDIT: Ninja'd

hah when I looked back I read it the same way.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta: Just misread Roger's post....

>_<

Wishful thinking Zeta.

Posted by Shade

Night guys.

Posted by Zeta

Tifa leveled up! Tifa's breast size increased by 1!

Posted by Shade

She was obviously level 99 in Advent Children.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shade32: She was obviously level 99 in Advent Children.

............I need to derep you over that comment.

She was like a level fukken -81. Tifa's tits are like 3 times bigger in 7.

Posted by Shade

They were clearly being pushed in by a veeeeery restricting bra, as to offend the fan-moms.

Posted by Zeta

If that bra bursts the entire world will be crushed.

Posted by Shade

But it'll be a very, very pleasurable death.

Posted by NEMI

Quoting Red: I need to play 1-6 I only ever played 7-X2

*LOL* I have to do the same thing :p:

My first FF game was FF8 (I was 12-13 by that time :rolleyes:), I loved it and then 7, X, X-2 and finally 9---- that's how I got them---what an order :D

I have rented FF7 Dirge of Cerberus and FFXII----- I must buy them ASAP!!!!!

Posted by Shade

I bought them like this.... FFX (didn't do anything for me), FF1&2, FF4, FF7, FF5, and FF3.

I need 6 :(

Posted by Zeta

First one was 6. GAVE UP AT FLOATING CONTINENT.
Next was a 5 rom. GAVE UP AT LONKA RUINS.
Then I borrowed 9 from my cousin. BEAT IT.

WENT BACK AND BEAT THE **** OUT OF 5, 6, AND THE OTHERS.

Posted by Shade

FF3 disappointed me. I was promised a hard, 60 hour game. Instead I got a 15-hour game that's easy as hell.
Except the Cave of Tides. That place was a *****.

Posted by Zeta

I REMEMBER YOU WHINING ABOUT CHIMERA MAGES.

Posted by Shade

They killed me twice.
No big.

Posted by Zeta

You still whined.

Posted by Shade

Not really. More like, voicing my annoyance at death.

Posted by Master Red XIII

are yo all crazy. final fantasy 7 was awesome and the cave of tides is not hard in ff3. if you truly love final fantasy, you would know that the only two that sucked were nine (only cuz of the first part where the enemies were all as strong as you and killed you instantly) but if you got to the second disk it was fun. I hat you Beatrix. Then FFX-2 was a comp;ete mockery of the series. i like 7 the bes. coolest characters,good story,materia set-up was nice, summons were effective and lets not forget Knights of the round mixed with omnislash to annihilate sephiroth at the end. I miss those days

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

If you truly loved Final Fantasy, then you wouldn't think any of them sucked.

Posted by Zeta

IX was more of a Final Fantasy than VII.

And VII's characters were just generic anime crap. Really quite a downgrade after switching from Amano's unique art.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zeta:
I'm a bitchfuck who whined like a little girl when Aeris died just like Klarth so now I consider VII a generic piece of anime crap.

Quoted for truth.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]I'm a bitchfuck who whined like a little girl when Galuf died in FFV.

Fixed for accuracy.

Posted by Roger Smith

Good thing I never got that far:cookie:

Posted by Red

FFT was also a rly great game, the story was great, and the character art was sort of old school. I wanna play it again now :(

Posted by Creedence

Don't hate on 7 to bad, it got famous for a reason. Why does there always have to be critics *sighs*. Anyway, from my opinion I like 7 the best but I kind of liked 6 because I bought it in Final Fantasy Chronicles just for Chrono Trigger because I've been a Chrono Trigger fan for forever. To bad it still wasn't as good as the one for Snes in my opinion.

Posted by Zeta

Pretty sure 4 came with Chrono Trigger in that Chronicles thing. >_>

And most of the hate for 7 is because of the fanbase. It was the first FF for a majority of them and they constantly say it's the best when they haven't even played the first six. Plus they usually give ****ty reasons for why it's the best. ("It has Cloud and Sephiroth lol.")

Posted by GameMiestro

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, because any opinions saying that you should not get it are wrong.

Posted by Zeta

Marche is the real villain. Forcing everyone to leave the awesome grimoire Ivalice, that little ****.

Posted by Shade

FFTA's story develops too slowly. Fail.