Robot Chicken

Posted by Bebop

I've just watched the 1st and 14th episode of season 1. There are absolutely no jokes in this thing.

Posted by Roger Smith

Didn't you post a similar thread on the Daily Show? Post some shows that you DO like, that way you'll have better conv with ppl.

Posted by S

Quoting Bebop: I've just watched the 1st and 14th episode of season 1. There are absolutely no jokes in this thing.

And that's what makes it so brilliant.

Posted by Bebop

Similar in the sense of "it's overrated and rarely funny". Except this is more so.

And frankly people disagreeing is better than 2 people saying "lol i like it" " lol me too".

I saw a Calvin and Hobbes sketch which I actually liked if only beacuse I really like Calvin and Hobbes.

Posted by Roger Smith

Lol I said nothing in regards of me liking or disliking it LURK MORE.

Also, I think everyone loves Calvin and Hobbes.

Posted by Dexter

I'm actually interested in hearing what Robot Chicken fans have to say about this. Reasons for enjoyment couldn't possibly be because there are no jokes.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

yo foo', Robot Chicken is freaking hilarious.

Posted by Bebop

Have you seen it Dexter? The only thing I can see to enjoy is parody of stuff you'd like.

Posted by S

Quoting Dexter: I'm actually interested in hearing what Robot Chicken fans have to say about this. Reasons for enjoyment couldn't possibly be because there are no jokes.

They are jokes, they just aren't the typical format a joke is delivered in - which in itself is a part of the joke at times. Just because it doesn't have the "knock-knock" preface attached onto it, doesn't mean it isn't a joke. Mostly what Robot Chicken does, is takes information that a wide amount of people know, and skews it in some obscure way. Usually it involves an old fad or a character/toy from a TV show and puts it in a weird situation. Other times it's just a small short involving a random tidbit of information, and taking it that much farther to the point of extreme.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Bebop:
And frankly people disagreeing is better than 2 people saying "lol i like it" " lol me too".

Hmmm.....me and Lunairetic makes 2. You MUST'VE been referring to us, there was no other 2 ppl in the thread.

Posted by Bebop

Family Guy does these "old fads/characters in situations" much better than Robot Chicken. Not only that the one off jokes just really arent like. Its so low and not great at all. If I put some effort into it I could chuckle but theres nothing there to really make me laugh. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because ive heard so much about this show and was so disappointed.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Roger Smith: Hmmm.....me and Lunairetic makes 2. You MUST'VE been referring to us, there was no other 2 ppl in the thread.

No spaz. You implied a thread where people agree is better. I disagreed. Nothing more nothing less. Please play on train tracks.

Posted by Roger Smith

The older Family Guy episodes were funny, I don't really like the newer ones.

EDIT: I didn't say a thread where ppl agree'd was better, I just said you'd have more interesting converstations because each side is trying to prove a point.

Posted by Bebop

They were funny because they had a new style to them. The new ones suck because the writers couldnt do what other show writers can do:evolve. Robot Chicken is like wathcing the show in the midst of it's decline after a few weeks at the top. It's gone the route of the new FG episodes:nothing special, predicable, unorignal and not funny.

Posted by Ant

It's funny sometimes, but not often.

Posted by Arcadios

I find it funny.
I actually try to catch it once a week at least.

Posted by Bebop

Catching Robot Chicken is like catching AIDS. And you know it Arcadios and so do I. But it's ok, I'm here for you.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Bebop: Have you seen it Dexter? The only thing I can see to enjoy is parody of stuff you'd like.

Oh yeah, I've seen lots of it. And you're right, that is my favorite part about it. I enjoy it.

Posted by Bebop

In all honesty if the best part about a shows writing is tha fact it refrences stuff you all ready like then is poor writing.

Posted by Dexter

Good point, but I never thought the actual writing was any good in the first place. Sometimes I really enjoy the idea they use, but the written aspect is pretty junky.