Re: 300

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Best thing about Ghost Rider: Seeing the 300 trailer on a ****ing huge screen.

Kinda like how the most excited the audience got during the Superman movie was seeing the Spider-man trailer.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Best thing about Ghost Rider: Seeing the 300 trailer on a ****ing huge screen.

Kinda like how the most excited the audience got during the Superman movie was seeing the Spider-man trailer.

I have to disagree. Seeing Superman in IMAX 3D was amazing. Plus Spiderman sucks. They totally f'cked up SM2. The third is just going to confirm the kill.

Posted by Dexter

Spiderman was way better than Superman (better style, by far) and I've seen the 300 trailer a few times in the theater before Ghost Rider, I'm sure of it.

Yeah, you can disagree all you want, you're wrong. Superman was OK. SM2 was actually great. And just about every movie is awesome in IMAX 3D because it's a ****ing huge screen and it's in 3D. Doesn't make it a good movie.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, you can disagree all you want, you're wrong. Superman was OK. SM2 was actually great. And just about every movie is awesome in IMAX 3D because it's a ****ing huge screen and it's in 3D. Doesn't make it a good movie.

I dont want to get into a fight about Spiderman 2, but it was horrible. They seriously killed what they had going good at one point. And Superman was a good movie. Not the best, but it was good, and especially good in 3D.

It was decent, which is a large step from good. Maybe you just have your superheros backwards. That's the only thing that would make sense.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It was decent, which is a large step from good. Maybe you just have your superheros backwards. That's the only thing that would make sense.

I hated Spiderman 2 with a passion. For a superhero movie, it was 10x better than most, but it still sucked. There was not 1 thing I liked about that movie.

Posted by s0ul

If you liked Superman Returns then you're opinion on everything ever is invalid.

Posted by Dexter

How was Spider-Man 2 so bad and the first so good? They had the same team, same style. It felt the same, like a simple Lord of the Rings-like continuation. It's not like we took a change like we did from Batman Returns to Batman Forever.

Posted by Fate

I thought both movies were good!

I liked Superman, but they could've done more with it.
:(

Posted by Dexter

You liked it because it was Superman, a super-hero movie. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have liked it. Something like that.

Posted by Bebop

Spiderman 2 was alright but not as good as the first. Too much Peter Parker being a *****.

That was kinda the point. You know, helps with the whole symbiote thing.

Posted by Bebop

I know what it helps. But thats irrelevant. Still, he was a *****. They could have helped pave the way for 3 without Parker being a ****.

Not really...

Posted by Bebop

Ya rly

Plus 2 just really wasnt all that great. Didnt care for it as much as the first. 3 will be better though. Better choice of villain.

No, they couldn't have.

Posted by Bebop

Yes they could have. Bascially keep everything he did in the film but cut out the annoying *****y squeal he made after every line of dialouge.

Also Doc Ock didnt seem as baddass as the green goblin. Greeny was being a dick just cos. They gave Mr. Puss a naf reason to hate Spidey. I didnt feel as if he was a bad presence. They could have made Doc Ock a much badder guy but overrall he was too softcore.

Oh yeah, for a second I forgot you have a backwards view on everything.

Posted by Bebop

I hated how at the end he was all like "lol ive been naughty SACRIFICE MYSELF YO SAVE TEH WORLD". I think it would have been better is Doc was more courruptly. Perhaps he saw the advantage his arms had and decided jus tto use them for bad, rather than the semi-justified reason they gave him.

Posted by Fate

The real Doc Ock is psychologically unfit to make rational decisions. His character script was off, but not by too much.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting s0ul: If you liked Superman Returns then you're opinion on everything ever is invalid.

Well, if you liked Spiderman 2, you're opinion on anything that graces this good green earth is invalid. I can play the as.shole with a diffrent opinion who thinks that he is right game

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: The real Doc Ock is psychologically unfit to make rational decisions. His character script was off, but not by too much.

Maybe so but certainly not at the end. I hated how he suddenly went from "lol who cares what happens" to "wut have i done? lol" at the flip of a coin. It would have been so much better if wasnt a good guy in his last few seconds of his life.

Oh, and Tiptoegecko? Soul hated Resident Evil 4 if it means anything to you. :3 :3 :3

Posted by Fate

In the movie storyline, he ended up beating the machines and got his conscience back. In the comics, he's just a deluded scientist with a history of problems and a strange connection to machines and science things.

Posted by Bebop

And like Im saying, the latter would have been better rather than a pussified version of a potentionally awesome silver screen version.

Posted by Dexter

What was Parker being? :confused:

Posted by Bebop

A female dog.

Posted by Dexter

What was wrong with that? A hero with such characteristics is refreshing.

Quoted post: And like Im saying, the latter would have been better rather than a pussified version of a potentionally awesome silver screen version.

Yeah, that's a great idea for a two-hour film :rolleyes:

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: What was wrong with that? A hero with such characteristics is refreshing.

I'm not saying it's not. Pity Doc Ock wasnt like that either. Doc Ock didnt even seem menacing at all. I didnt care about what he was doing and if Spidey was going to stop him. I cared more about the relationship between Parker and MJ which made a villain's presence irrelevant. They could have easily keep his charm whilst still making him an actually villain. Come on, the worst thing he did was rob a bank. Which would have been awesome if this was the 40s. Green Goblin was prepared to kill kids. After Greeny raised the bar how wicked Spider villains can be on the big screen Ock didnt seem to even attempt to beat that. This Doc Ock would probably be more menacing in a Scooby Doo setting. It was mainly his motive. Just seemed he was accidently a bad guy than anything else. For instance if they changed it so he was rebuilding his machine to actually kill everyone rather than to do whatever it was in the film (prove hes still a good scientist or something) would have been enough to give him a good edge.

Quoted post: So your saying having a Doc Ock who is actually menacing is a bad idea for a villain?

No, but having a sympathetic villain with a finality to his existence, however, is good. There's nothing worse than a villain who's man reason to exist is to complete and utterly destroy the main superhero. They need ulterior motives to be halfway interesting. That's why "The Batman" failed the Batman franchise so horribly. They turned the villains into one-track, broken records who only exist to rob **** and **** up batman. That isn't what audiences want.

Quoted post: Green Goblin was prepared to kill kids. After Greeny raised the bar how wicked Spider villains can be on the big screen Ock didnt seem to even attempt to beat that. This Doc Ock would probably be more menacing in a Scooby Doo setting. It was mainly his motive. Just seemed he was accidently a bad guy than anything else. For instance if they changed it so he was rebuilding his machine to actually kill everyone rather than to do whatever it was in the film (prove hes still a good scientist or something) would have been enough to give him a good edge.

There's more to a good villain than killing people. Green Goblin had depth, because of his relationship with Parker and his inevitable decline into insanity, not because he was a mass-murderer flying around on bat. This **** isn't your fort

Posted by Bebop

Doc Ocks character really isnt as good as your making it out to be. You make it sound as if he's some deep character with development and a rich background and not some 2D guy ripped from a comic book. He's not. Instead of making me admire him and simulatiounsly hating him or anything remotely engaging I just didnt care about him. At all. The whole train thing? Not a big deal. It was annoying to see his personality swtich from polar opposites so freguently too. "lol im making this to protect mankind lol kill everyone lol ok back to building lol die spider man lol what have i done! mrofl". Even a person who thought the character adaption was good you have to admit it seemed they really didnt know what to do with this character.

They could have done such a significent bad guy more justice is all. i mean if the whole film was an exploration of Spiderman as a person and his closest people in his life than having a bad guy to fight became some what of a distraction and ultimately in the distance and not the main thing to worry about. I was rooting for Peter and MJ to get it on more than I was for Doc Ock to be put to and end. If a bad guy was going to be used as a tertioay plot device I would have preferred they use a differnt villain. One is isnt as big as Doc Ock so that way the character wouldnt be as jeopordised as much. Get what Im saying?

Kinda like Green Goblin? Much like Osbourne's insanity, the mechanical arms did have a psychological impact on Ock. And I didn't think the character adaption was anything fantastic. The current (at the time) comic version of Doc was mind-boggling boring. He's been that way for years, because he was basically what you wanted him to be. He hasn't been anything important for awhile, because he has no depth. The movie version DID. Maybe not a ton, but the motive was more interesting and his reasonings behind his actions were far better than "I think I'll **** up spiderman's day today... yeah..." You may not have sympathized for the character, but that's what they were aiming for, and it worked. Not on you obviously, but when it came out, it had the effect it was meant to have.

Posted by Bebop

When I said I didnt say about him I didnt mean I didnt sympthasise with him. I meant I actually didnt care he was there. Im sure that wasnt the effect they were going for.

Yeah, but I think you're in the small minority who actually thought that. So there you go.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, but I think you're in the small minority who actually thought that. So there you go.

You say that but I think you're in the small minority for liking the film as much as you do. Go figure.

Posted by Oforia

Ugh, back to the beginning subject...

I thought Ghost Rider was a cheesy movie. They were trying to appeal to the "I wanna be a devil-child" crowd, and the "I am skeptical about this movie, because I am a Jesus-freak" crowd at the same time. It was full of stupid lines and horrible acting.

Spiderman2 was much better than many of the superhero movies out right now. Superman Returns was full of cool special effects, but a weak storyline. He didn't even finish off Lex Luther...which had to be one of the worst endings in a superhero movie to date.

In my opinion, Fantastic Four was a combination of both Spiderman and Ghost Rider. It was a good storyline, and had cool special effects; however, the acting wasn't that great, and it was full of cheesy lines. I think that the upcoming Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer movie has potential.

Spiderman3 looks ****ing awesome, and I am looking forward to seeing the Ironman movie that is in production right now.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: That was kinda the point. You know, helps with the whole symbiote thing.

In the comic, the whole symbiote thing evolved from an alien suit that Spider-Man gets in Secret Wars. I can't remember if it had anything to do with him being a *****, but the crux of it was more that it was a free-thinking organism.

As for the Spider-Man 2 argument, the version of Doc Ock in the movie was much more akin to his earlier appearances in the comic books. Crazy genius goes around ****ing things up because he's fallen so far from being the smartest guy on the planet. If you read the Amazing Spider-Man nowadays, he's more or less a bumbling psycho with a bowlcut.

Posted by Bebop

Except that in the movie he didnt so much "**** things up to the X-core" as he "was a bit of a general nuicense".

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Bebop, seriously.

What the **** did you want him to do? Rape babies and women? He was about to dunk a train full of innoent people into the ocean and then manipulated his device to pretty much nuke New York. Considering the fact that he was only a few days into his metamorphasis between mild mannered professor and mutated freak, I'd give him some time before he started eating whole buildings.

Posted by Bebop

Baby rape=awesome

His motive behind rebuilding wasnt to nuke anyone. It was just to rebuild it.

BTW Greeny killed people. Doc Ock didnt kill anyone.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He attempted to. Plus, I think with the first film's 12 rating, they were trying to make sure the film would reach the widest audience.

Posted by Bebop

He didnt attempt to nuke it either. Well not on purpose anyway. The only threat caused by the machine was that it would blow up New York buy Doc Ock didnt know. I always hate it when the real threat a bad guy possess is something hes not even aware of :(

Posted by Tiptoegecko

lol this got it's own thread

Posted by Bebop

LOL AT UR MUM ORFL

Posted by Fate

If you guys really want to get technical with this comic book stuff (which I would believe only Vampiro and few others here would know), not even the story with Green Goblin was right because Osborn Sr. never dies, his son does. Also, Peter is a science genius that actually invents his webbing; the webbing is not part of his spider powers (although I think in Ultimate it is, I don't read it). Uncle Ben was killed in his own home during a bad robbery, not in public. I believe the robber also died, but I don't remember how-- and he definitely wasn't Sandman. Also, GWEN STACY IS COMPLETELY MISSING, although I did see a small part of her in the trailer to the third movie (something I really, really don't approve of). Gwen is actually the reason Mary Jane and Peter ended up together, so she's very important in his universe. The Marvel Universe is completely tied together, and Spidey got his black suit in a special event. The way Spidey gets his symbiote suit will most definitely not be the Secret War. And etc., etc., etc....

So yeah, they ****ed up pretty hardcore in the first movie and seemed to follow the line to the others. By all accounts any Spidey fan would say the movies sucked because the characters weren't right, but they seem to be good movies if I say so myself.
:cookie:

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: [color=skyblue]If you guys really want to get technical with this comic book stuff (which I would believe only Vampiro and few others here would know), not even the story with Green Goblin was right because Osborn Sr. never dies, his son does. Also, Peter is a science genius that actually invents his webbing; the webbing is not part of his spider powers (although I think in Ultimate it is, I don't read it). Uncle Ben was killed in his own home during a bad robbery, not in public. I believe the robber also died, but I don't remember how-- and he definitely wasn't Sandman. Also, GWEN STACY IS COMPLETELY MISSING, although I did see a small part of her in the trailer to the third movie (something I really, really don't approve of). Gwen is actually the reason Mary Jane and Peter ended up together, so she's very important in his universe. The Marvel Universe is completely tied together, and Spidey got his black suit in a special event. The way Spidey gets his symbiote suit will most definitely not be the Secret War. And etc., etc., etc....

Two things, the robber doesn't die, he's even in a few comics later on, though he did die eventually and Norman Osborne Sr. was thought to be dead for along time till recently.

Just to let you know;)

Quoted post: You say that but I think you're in the small minority for liking the film as much as you do. Go figure.

You say that like I adored it.

Quoted post: In the comic, the whole symbiote thing evolved from an alien suit that Spider-Man gets in Secret Wars. I can't remember if it had anything to do with him being a *****, but the crux of it was more that it was a free-thinking organism.

There's three ways the symbiote existed: Secret Wars, John Jameson bringing it to earth, and the Ultimate Universe cancer suit (technically four with the manga version, but wow, **** that.) Either way, the alien form was an outcast of his society for wanting to bond, nor dominate, his host. The symbiote race was regarded as a cold, unfeeling race, but Venom was not. So Parker's being a ***** plays a bit of a part there. That, and they feed off adrenaline, or intense feelings in general. Considering Parker's predicament, he makes a pretty **** good host until he finally wards it off. Add nesw story about Spider-Man, Brock, loose symbiote, etc etc, and you got Venom who feeds off Brock's intense hatred for Spider-Man.

Quoted post: If you guys really want to get technical with this comic book stuff (which I would believe only Vampiro and few others here would know), not even the story with Green Goblin was right because Osborn Sr. never dies, his son does. Also, Peter is a science genius that actually invents his webbing; the webbing is not part of his spider powers (although I think in Ultimate it is, I don't read it). Uncle Ben was killed in his own home during a bad robbery, not in public. I believe the robber also died, but I don't remember how-- and he definitely wasn't Sandman. Also, GWEN STACY IS COMPLETELY MISSING, although I did see a small part of her in the trailer to the third movie (something I really, really don't approve of). Gwen is actually the reason Mary Jane and Peter ended up together, so she's very important in his universe. The Marvel Universe is completely tied together, and Spidey got his black suit in a special event. The way Spidey gets his symbiote suit will most definitely not be the Secret War. And etc., etc., etc....

Don't forget the bridge secen. That should've been Gwen up there. Her death was one of the most important events in comic history. It also led to Norman's death (**** Marvel bringing him back to life, that was lame.) That, and yeah, it was Gwen's death that brought Mary Jane and Peter together. But considering the whole thing was ****ed up from the beginning (Gwen blamed Spider-Man when Doc Ock killed her father even though he didn't even exist yet in the movies,) and the fact that's there's just too much that can't fit into two hours, they need to mix things up, or completely change them for it to work. This is made for a completely different audience, since hardcore fans can only bring in so much revenue.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The John Jameson version was in the cartoon, right? I'd think harder, but all I can hear in my head is the Aerosmith intro to the show. :o

Do we actually know where the symbiote comes from in the movie, yet?

It's not going to be the cancer story, and it's not going to be Secret Wars, and I believe John Jameson had something to do with something in the second film, so I'm guessing it's the animated version. And to tell you the truth, that's my favourite. Even though you leave a ton more about Venom and Carnage through the Secret Wars storyline (galactus get?) I just prefer the "normalcy" of the JJ story.