Court

Posted by Arcadios

Ever got to court?
I'm about to go right now for the first time.
Only because my friend is hispanic and can't speak english so I gotta translate.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Never got to court. I have, however, been to court when my stepdad went bat**** crazy after a hard night of drinking, etc etc, cops were called, he was put in jail, and I had to go to court as a witness.

Canada rocks because we put the defendants in a box with glass and ****. It's nugga karazy.

Posted by Ant

I've got to court once, but I was only 7 years old and it was for a custody battle between my parents. I remember this lady asked me what I did with my mother and father when I was with them, and playing some cool bowling game. Good times.

Oh yeah, custody battle too. I was five though. It was cool just to see a judge.

Posted by ExoXile

The* Judge?

And yeah, when I broke my nose.
I know there's been another time but I can't recall when or why.

Posted by WackoHater2

Never for something that I've done. I've been there a few times because my uncle was on trial. I was really little and didn't understand a lot of whats was going on though.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Arcadios: Ever got to court?
I'm about to go right now for the first time.
Only because my friend is hispanic and can't speak english so I gotta translate.

What car did your friend steal?

Posted by Arcadios

Old Toyota Pick-up truck.
Beaner Classic.
:cool:

Posted by Shade

A Judge from around the area sometimes comes to our school to convict people there. One woman wasn't even legally drunk, and had 3 kids that she was raising by herself. He convicted her of drunk driving and sent her to prison for 6 months.

Some seniors were also drinking a little bit before prom, he sentenced them to do community service for the whole summer. When they got into college, they took a bunch of pictures of themselves getting ****ing wasted and made ****youjudgemartone.com with those. Good times. Too bad it got taken down. :(

Posted by Xero

I never got to court, but there were 2 times where I was VERY close to get there.

I hope it goes for the best with your friend :)

Posted by Arcadios

I hope to.
Fag didn't pick me up.

Posted by Xero

So...You have to walk there?

Posted by Arcadios

**** that.
Either he got someone else or he didn't go at all.
I'm leaning more toward possibility number 2.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arcadios:
I'm leaning more toward possibility number 2.

Aye. I hope not.

Posted by Shade

Failure to appear is not going to go in the direction of his best interests. :)

Yeah, that's the last thing you want to do.

Posted by Slade

I've never been to court before. There might have been a little bit of custody battlin' but I was never a part of it.

edit: Well, I guess I was a part of it, but you know what I mean.

Posted by Shade

So, does anyone on this site not have divorced parents?

Posted by Trigger

Once, because I shot a Chinese guy who didn't want to sell me this bag all cheap. He was all, "firty-foar fiftee!" and I was all BAM!

Yeah. [spoiler]No.[/spoiler]

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shade32: So, does anyone on this site not have divorced parents?

My parents are divorced, but I was 3 years old back when they went to court to arrange things. I stayed home with a babysitter.

Oh well.

Posted by ExoXile

You go to court when you divorce?

That's not the case in Sweden.

Posted by Xero

Well here, it's Canada =/

My mom wanted to argue legaly on who would keep me.

Quoted post: You go to court when you divorce?

That's not the case in Sweden.

That's because it's Sweden. You're a good 500 years behind in everything.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;544868]That's because it's Sweden. You're a good 500 years behind in everything.

Tell that to someone who doesn't live in a city that's been around since the 13th century. ;)

No.

Posted by ExoXile

>:0

Posted by fates warning

Ive been to court before for an assignment for civics and economics. It was teen court. The two cases I witnessed were

1. Typical black guy caught stealing a dvd
2. Some stupid prep caught stealing, she gave into "peer pressure". Naturally, she cried on the stand.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I have been to the Motor Vehicals court with my mom recently, but that doesnt really count

Posted by Auto Rock

I was sent to court in December. Teen court that is... it was gay. Now I have 15 hours of community service, 750 word essay, and 3 jury duties.

Posted by The Judge

I was in court once. Or at least, I came close. I was being summoned for Jury Duty. When I was sitting there, they were picking everyone, and they were asking me personal questions. They said "Do you have any prejudices?" I thought back to the Simpsons and casually remarked "I'm extremely prejudice against all non-white non-zoroastrianist males, and in my opinion, they're all guilty of sin against lord Ahura Mazda."

I didn't have to serve.

Posted by Dexter

I've been to court plenty of times. Never for myself, always for others. My sister, one of my roommates, parents divorce, etc. I become Richard Gere when I'm in court. I've won every battle to the extreme.

Quoted post: Now I have 15 hours of community service, 750 word essay, and 3 jury duties.

You say that like it's a huge undertaking. My high school asked more from me, and I was a good student.

Posted by Auto Rock

Not really but it is annoying to try and get community service done and no one will return your calls. Besides, I also got kicked out of school for 10 days and almost expelled. No biggie compared to a lot of stuff.

Posted by Sterling

If you count some civics thing my class didi this year. It was basically 15 minutes of a case about a guy spitting on one of the court officers and all they really said was "Intangible Substance" or however you spell intagible.

Posted by Xenos

Bah, community service. I find it so funny the periodicals assert that, "the Y Generation and the iGeneration are not as selfish as one may expect! There has never been more community service hours phoned in than there is today!"

I refuse to recognize it as true altruism when its all done for an indirect pay in the future. :rolleyes: Though, I feel mildly ashamed to have zero hours so far - mainly because I am so picky about what I do. To me, its not about the hours, but what I really accomplish. Its a shame that most universities don't really care anymore. Then again, there's very little they can distinguish about it all.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Auto Rock: No biggie compared to a lot of stuff.

Stop doing the stuff, then.

My mum got called up for jury duty recently. I'm betting it's drug related, but I haven't talked to her since before the trial.

Posted by Raptor

When I lived in Arizona, I got a summons for jury duty, which I tucked away in my computer desk drawer and completely forgot about until a few months after the court date. Also, a traffic camera captured a couple hawt pictures of me and my car speeding through the streets of Snottsdale and I got a ticket in the mail, but I blew that off too, and never heard anything about it ever again. The only time I've been to court was for an 11th grade field trip.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shade32: So, does anyone on this site not have divorced parents?

Herro.

Posted by The underground

been to court twice, one was jurry duty the second one was for me and my buddies releasing a bull on the 2nd floor of the school lol 30 days in juvie for endangerment of students and school staff also 50 hours comunity service but that was already served count of my JROTC class and a fine of $350. YEA it was worth it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

A bull? Three chickens would have been a better idea.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: I was being summoned for Jury Duty.

I've got notices a few times for that. I never even made it in to da court room. Claim wacko insanity and you don't even get to go in!!!! :D

Quoted post: Though, I feel mildly ashamed to have zero hours so far - mainly because I am so picky about what I do.

I saved all of mine till the final month before they were due. Good times.

Posted by Auto Rock

Quoting The underground: been to court twice, one was jurry duty the second one was for me and my buddies releasing a bull on the 2nd floor of the school lol 30 days in juvie for endangerment of students and school staff also 50 hours comunity service but that was already served count of my JROTC class and a fine of $350. YEA it was worth it.

What was it like in a detention center?

Posted by veritas

Quoting Jesse Smith: I've got notices a few times for that. I never even made it in to da court room. Claim wacko insanity and you don't even get to go in!!!! :D

I think I learned in school that if you say you've heard about the case, that makes you bias. Which means they can't put you on the jury

Quoting Auto Rock: What was it like in a detention center?

what the school i released the bull into or the juvie??????/

Posted by Auto Rock

The juvie.

yea it is considered a detention center for troubled youth but they were all weak in there it was ok though 3 square meals a place to sleep and good recreation all for 5$ a day it actually was pretty sweet.