Elite Beat

Posted by Bebop

Fantastic game. Who else has it?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I do, fantastic game, if only for Earth, Wind and Fire. But ****, Ouendan 2 is going to be epic win.

Posted by Bebop

A sequel? Sweet Mary and Joeseph I dont know if the world is ready for another hefty does of awesome just yet. It's still recovering from the first wave.

# Nintendo DS Yoshi's Island DS (March 8, 1P)
# Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 (April 12, 1P)
# Worldwide Club House Games (April 19, 1-8P)
# Panel De Pon DS [Tetris Attack] (April 26, 1-4P)
# Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (2007, 1-4P)
# Archaic Sealed Heat (2007, TBA)
# More English Training (TBA, TBA)
# The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (TBA, TBA)
# Chibi Robo! Park Patrol (TBA, 1P)
# Wander Donkey DS (TBA, 1-4P)

No set date, but just knowing it's in existence is enough.

Posted by Bebop

Yoshis Island came out ages. Where did you get this info? I dont really trust it if release dates for Yoshi and Mario VS DK were way off.

seeing as there's "english training" and jap games abound... I'd say it's Jap release.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'd love the game if some of the higher difficulty songs weren't so dang hard to beat. I lack the patience to spend 5 hours doing "Lets Dance" over and over again just to get to the next song (which is even tougher than THAT).

Let's Dance was the most difficult part for me. I think it's right after the third cutscene where things start appearing more or less out of order, and it took me so **** long to just get the timing right and memorizing it. Everything after that was a breeze.

Though I went back and played one star... that **** is ****ing difficult once you're used the pacing of the higher difficulties. It's retarded.

Posted by Bebop

I finished Lets Dance today. Stuck on the 2nd Alien level. I keep messing up on the 3rd take.

I'd like to see nintendo songs in this. Imagine EBAing to Lost Woods!

Yes, I really want Nintendo songs. It seems like a given.

Posted by GameMiestro

Canned Heat is really tough, too. I swear, those marks are not on the beat of the music!

Posted by Bebop

Canned Heat and Lets Dance are hard first time. When you do them though you can do them with ease.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm talking about the harder difficulties. The third and fourth difficulty levels are really, really bad.

Posted by Bebop

I havent got that far yet. Im still on 2 star. Only got it the other day. I dread to think how hard they get on the other difficulties if i'm struggling to beat it on the defult setting.

Quoted post: Canned Heat is really tough, too. I swear, those marks are not on the beat of the music!

It doesn't go to the beat all the time. Sometimes it could be bass, riffs, vocals, drums, snare, etc etc. It always follows a pattern based on the music, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Posted by Bebop

I unlocked Kahn last night.

I managed to do Lets Dance and Canned Heat on the Divas mose first try. Its wierd to go back to the lower settings after completing the 4 star difficulty and wondering how you found it so hard in the first place.

Posted by GameMiestro

It's really annoying how they make you restart the entire song just for missing two or three seconds of beats. That's the main reason I stopped playing- having to go though minutes of the same music dozens of times just to get through a part of the song is completely intolerable.

It was fun at first, though. Maybe if they had some more songs, I wouldn't mind so much.

Posted by TendoAddict

I have the game and its fun as hell.

BUT

Quoting GameMiestro: It's really annoying how they make you restart the entire song just for missing two or three seconds of beats. That's the main reason I stopped playing- having to go though minutes of the same music dozens of times just to get through a part of the song is completely intolerable.

It was fun at first, though. Maybe if they had some more songs, I wouldn't mind so much.

This is ultimatly what killed it for me, its not fun doing the same part 18 times to fail at the same spot each time.

It REALLY kills it when you figure out that the only thing you get is a harder verson of the songs you just beat. It has a great start up but dies eventually.

Posted by Bebop

I doesnt die at all. Sounds to me you have a case of "lolisuckatgamessoigiveup syndrome". It does get annoying when you fail at the same part. But theres this thing called learning which neither of you seem to be able to do.

Posted by Drewboy64

I finally got it. Some of the songs are harder than others, but **** this is a good game. I played Ouendan, but EBA has so much more - 4 player rather than 2 player multiplayer, saveable replays, bonus stages, etc.

Quoted post: This is ultimatly what killed it for me, its not fun doing the same part 18 times to fail at the same spot each time.

Doesn't bother me. Then again, I grew up with games that threw you back to the beginning of the GAME whenever you messed up. Stop sucking, learn the rhythm and patterns, problem solved.

Posted by GameMiestro

We have word processors so we don't have to start over every time we mess up typing a document. We have TV recorders so we don't have to watch an entire show all over again if we miss one part. We have checkpoints in video games so that we don't have to spend 3-4 hours doing the same parts of a game OVER and OVER again.

It's completely inexcusable nowadays. The games that forced you to start the whole game over again were pretty bad, too.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: I doesnt die at all. Sounds to me you have a case of "lolisuckatgamessoigiveup syndrome". It does get annoying when you fail at the same part. But theres this thing called learning which neither of you seem to be able to do

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Stop sucking, learn the rhythm and patterns, problem solved.

I stopped playing after I beat 4 star mode, I didnt stop during a tough part on a song.

I just didnt want to go to do 5 stars (aka night mare mode) doing the same songs Ive heard for the past two weeks. Then having to re-do the song each time the song throws a trick at me (even if it is simple, just shocking the first time aroud).

Quoted post:
We have word processors so we don't have to start over every time we mess up typing a document. We have TV recorders so we don't have to watch an entire show all over again if we miss one part. We have checkpoints in video games so that we don't have to spend 3-4 hours doing the same parts of a game OVER and OVER again.

It's completely inexcusable nowadays. The games that forced you to start the whole game over again were pretty bad, too.

Its not like they couldnt of made it so you started from the last break. But it would ruin the song itself and the musicality of the game would weaken.

Quoted post: It's completely inexcusable nowadays. The games that forced you to start the whole game over again were pretty bad, too.

It was obviously a design choice. With checkpoints the game would be a ****ing breeze. The whole point is to get into the rhythm of the song and you can't really do that 3/4 of the way through.

Posted by GameMiestro

I will never get into the beat "Let's Dance", "ABC", or "Material Girl". I wish they had an option to skip those songs entirely.

Posted by imnotpanicimMRPOOVE!

vg is stupid n racist

Posted by Bebop

Quoting TendoAddict: I just didnt want to go to do 5 stars (aka night mare mode)

Spoiler: That doesnt exist.

Posted by Drewboy64

I wish they had Living La Vida Loca in there.

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Drewboy64/hardgay.gif[/IMG]

Posted by GameMiestro

I wish they had "Come Together" by the Beatles on there.

Posted by Arczu

Nice. Just seeing this thread made me want to buy this game.

Does look like fun so it's worth a check.

Posted by Drewboy64

I love how they have bonus stages too. Great addition to ouendan

My girlfriend cried during the christmas stage. That was good stuff.

Posted by Bebop

The Christmas one was tugging at my heart strings. Beautiful.

Posted by RandomizeR

The Christmas stage messed me up the very first time because Kahn didnt say GO lol

anyway it's a kickass game, except I agree with Gamemeistro in that it sucks having to repeat the whole song cuz u miss like 2 or 3 beats

Quoted post: The Christmas stage messed me up the very first time because Kahn didnt say GO lol

Her dad died, you ****ing *******. Have a bit more tact. ****. "oh *** agents, her dad died... she's a little ****ing kid... and she's crying on christmas. DO YOU **** GUYS, LOL!"

**** you

Posted by RandomizeR

what the ****?

i dont care if her dad died, it's a game...it just messed me up the first time

Calm down, man. I was jk. geez

Posted by RandomizeR

i see

she's just lucky that I didnt kill her dad

Posted by Zeta

After playing through a few missions, I feel I should punish myself for not getting this game sooner.

Also, I suck at the Jumping Jack Flash song, even at the lowest difficulty.

Posted by FerreTrip

Quoting Bebop: I doesnt die at all. Sounds to me you have a case of "lolisuckatgamessoigiveup syndrome". It does get annoying when you fail at the same part. But theres this thing called learning which neither of you seem to be able to do.

My Lord, we actually agree on something O_o;
I got it like a month after Mystery Dungeon, and it's practically been in my DS since. (Portriat of Ruin got it out, tho). Being a band member for 5 years counting this, I love it, but found the songs difficult at first, especially the final two. Then I unlocked Cheiftan...I nearly went insane at first. But now, after a few months with it total and two (at least) of hard work, I have an honest-to-*** S rank on ALL of them. Not one of those glitch ones, REAL ones. I also have the highest rank(cool reward pic!).
But enough boasts. This game was hard, but I never gave up. So don't.
The song restarts were annoying, but essential. And think about this: DDR and GH do it, too.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting FerreTrip: My Lord, we actually agree on something O_o

Who are you?

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Bebop: Who are you?

that was my question lol

Posted by FerreTrip

Bebop, I'm that annoying kid who made you think your harassment drove me to quit, like, forever and a day ago. Remember? Everyone else, I'm just a 16-year-old male Wisconsin gamer who now can only use the computer only with supervision. So, rather than have my privacy invaded, I'm now using my Wii's net channel. I'm also #1 in the SSBM caption contest, unless another has been started and my lead usurped (thank the comedy g0ds) on that...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting FerreTrip: Bebop, I'm that annoying kid who made you think your harassment drove me to quit, like, forever and a day ago. Remember? Everyone else, I'm just a 16-year-old male Wisconsin gamer who now can only use the computer only with supervision. So, rather than have my privacy invaded, I'm now using my Wii's net channel. I'm also #1 in the SSBM caption contest, unless another has been started and my lead usurped (thank the comedy g0ds) on that...

Who are you?

Posted by RandomizeR

he sounds like he has faggot *** parents

Posted by FerreTrip

YES, AH DO!! *glares daggers at them* And, Bebop, you STILL don't remember me? Wow...Well, I guess it's better you don't, since then you won't harass me more. Back on topic, though, I've seen some vids for Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, the Japanese game EBA is a pseudo-sequel to, and I found out that, just by looking at gameplay, it's a bit harder than our EBA. But still, tho you can't understand anything lingually, I can see why you'd wanna shell out $60-$70 for the import. *hums "Linda Linda"*

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting FerreTrip: YES, AH DO!! *glares daggers at them* And, Bebop, you STILL don't remember me? Wow...Well, I guess it's better you don't, since then you won't harass me more. Back on topic, though, I've seen some vids for Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, the Japanese game EBA is a pseudo-sequel to, and I found out that, just by looking at gameplay, it's a bit harder than our EBA. But still, tho you can't understand anything lingually, I can see why you'd wanna shell out $60-$70 for the import. *hums "Linda Linda"*

who are you?

Posted by FerreTrip

...*sighs* Nevermind, nobody, nobody. Just a ranting fool who loves rhythm games...