Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Posted by Klarth

Well this being VGC and all I am surprised none of you are talking about the upcoming Dreme Theatre CD! I heard Jim LaBire is singing on this one.

They signed to (ugh) Roadrunner a while back and here is the track listing for their upcoming June 2007 release:

1. In the Presence of Enemies, Pt. 1
2. Forsaken
3. Constant Motion
4. The Dark Eternal Night
5. Repentance
6. Prophets of War
7. The Ministry of Lost Souls
8. In the Presence of Enemies, Pt. 2

Track four sounds particularly DARK and GRIM.

There are [url=http://www.sendspace.com/file/zebjul]samples[/url] but they are deliberately thrown together from different songs to sound like a total train wreck.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not a fan, though it sounds like this album is taking a darker tone.

Posted by Shade

I'm ****ing excited for this. Although I really hope this isn't another Train of Thought.

Posted by NoiN

I think this one will make me a fan of their music.

Posted by Oforia

Can't wait. One of the best bands today.

Posted by Shade

You sig speaks the truth.

Posted by Crazy K

I'll probably purchase the CD if I can find it in a store around here.

Posted by Hyper

I'll probably listen to the leak for this one. I waited until I got the actual disk for Octavarium and though that felt cool, my interest in this band has dwindled since then. No doubt that I'll still buy it, though. I'll probably even preorder it like I did with Octavarium.

I'm predicting that "Prophets of War" was written by James Labrie.

Posted by Shade

Prophets of War is most likely a follow-up to Sacrificed Sons and In The Name Of ***.

So which one do you think the next installment in their little AA series is? My money's on Repentance.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade32: So which one do you think the next installment in their little AA series is? My money's on Repentance.

I've got it "narrowed down" to the following:

2. Forsaken
4. The Dark Eternal Night
5. Repentance
7. The Ministry of Lost Souls

Forsaken and Repentance seem proper, but Mike Portnoy seems to have a trend going on...

The Mirror
The Glass Prison
This Dying Soul
The Root of All Evil

Posted by Shade

Huh, I wasn't aware The Mirror was part of it. =\

If he keeps with the trend, then it's most likely The Dark Eternal Night. The Ministry of Lost Souls sounds like a political deal.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade32: Huh, I wasn't aware The Mirror was part of it. =\

If he keeps with the trend, then it's most likely The Dark Eternal Night. The Ministry of Lost Souls sounds like a political deal.

The Mirror shares similar themes but isn't a part of the series. However, it is a Portnoy song.

Posted by Shade

Portnoy songs are heavy.

*blasts Honor Thy Father*

Posted by Gollum

Those are the actual song titles? I thought Klarth was joking.

How odd.

Posted by Shade

They're real, check their MySpace page.

Posted by fates warning

I am a huge fan, will definitely buy this, and if they come to my area or New York I will definitely see them live.

Posted by Raptor

Not looking forward to this album. Not after having had the misfortune of experiencing their last one.

Posted by Shade

Octavarium was good. =\

Posted by Dexter

Octavarium was wonderful. Every track, especially "Octavarium."

It was only good for the two tracks that reminded me of Muse.

Posted by Oforia

I actually liked Octavarium...Panic Attack being my favorite song.

Posted by MarioStar

i want it now.

Quoted post: Panic Attack being my favorite song.

Yeah that's the one.

Posted by Hyper

I'm thinking this'll be a lot different than Octavarium. Awake/Train of Thought hybrid, maybe. Hopefully. I'd hit it.

Posted by Shade

I'm hoping for a Scenes from a Memory/Six Degrees kind of deal. That'd be the bomb. :D

Posted by fates warning

Im hoping for something unique :)

Needs more doom influence.

Posted by Linkman

Dream Theater never does the same thing with their albums, thus it's likely it'll be something completely new, which makes me anticipate it even more. The tracks and title suggest something probably more heavy like Train of Thought.

I want grim Dream Theater. That would own.

Whatever the case, I confidently anticipate this album, as Dream Theater albums always satisfy.

Posted by Hyper

[IMG]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/AntInjection/6EEA4B38895B486485AAD13C013A71F2.jpg[/IMG]

i came

Posted by Dexter

ha. I like those battle ants.

Posted by Linkman

as do I.

I hate waiting. I want it now. :(

Posted by Dexter

I like the ant on top of the green light the most. She's like the commander, looking over the land beneath her.

Posted by Linkman

The cover is just pleasing to look at. It's obvious the cover has some kind of meaning, like Octavarium's had.

What a ****ing stupid cover.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What a ****ing stupid cover.

If I wasn't so partial to the majesty of sunrises and sunsets and beautiful cloudscapes, I would completely agree with this statement.

It would be a lot better without the ants and traffic light actually.

Posted by fates warning

like linkman said, the traffic light and ants probably have some kind of meaning. If not then yes it would be stupid and random.

It looks cool overall though

It's not that it doesn't have meaning or that it's random. It's just ugly and really terrible.

Posted by Omni

I don't much like the cover, but then again, I won't be listening to this album in all likelihood anyway. Nothing personal against Dream Theater, they're extremely talented at what they do, but what they do isn't a style of music I really enjoy a whole lot.

Posted by Shade

Holy ****, there's a special edition?

I came.

Posted by Raptor

Stop coming.

Posted by Shade

Can't control it.

Posted by Crazy K

I like the cover. The traffic light just fits in for some reason. The yellow light sticks to the background. The green light seems to be more bright so maybe the cover is trying to tell you to just go for it all. But that's just my thought.

Anyways I'm definitely getting the special edition CD/DVD. That is if I can find it up here. :(

Posted by Shade

Solution: Internet.

Posted by netman

I hear it leaked.

Posted by Klarth

Constant Motion sucks btw

Posted by netman

That was one of my favorites, I thought.

Posted by Klarth

That is because you have poor taste. The breakdown-ish section in The Ministry of Lost Souls is clearly superior.

Posted by netman

can you post that clip of it that i showed you was my favorite?

Posted by Klarth

http://www.soundupload.com/audio/4wfngd2q1j

I think you meant the bit from around 9:00, right

Posted by Linkman

I ****ing hate you both. :(

Posted by Shade

Don't give in, Chris!

But knowing you, you'll crack and then use your smooth talking abilities to get me to download it off you.

Posted by Linkman

Hey, I got you to get Devin Townsend: Ziltoid the Omniscient. :-*

Posted by Shade

And I felt so dirty. :(
but ya thx

Posted by fates warning

This is one im going to buy. I refuse to download before I buy it. Ill try.

Posted by Hyper

lol nice try guys :cool:

i refused to download before I bought for octavarium, so I feel perfectly fine with myself on planning to download this one.

Posted by Borealis

I've got a leaked version of all instrumentals for the first seven songs for Systematic Chaos. It sounds very new, but still has that Dream Theater vibe. Although, I heard no vocals so I'm not entirely sure what to think just yet. I'm sure it'll be great, though.

lawl bye

Posted by Shade

lol Bext?

I knew you sucked. :mad:

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Borealis: I've got a leaked version of all instrumentals for the first seven songs for Systematic Chaos. It sounds very new, but still has that Dream Theater vibe. Although, I heard no vocals so I'm not entirely sure what to think just yet. I'm sure it'll be great, though.

lawl bye

hahaha you fail

Posted by Gollum

Aren't those "instrumentals" the Stream of Consciousness contest tracks?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Irrelevant: Aren't those "instrumentals" the Stream of Consciousness contest tracks?

we have a winner!

I haven't downloaded the "leak," but from what I've read the track times match up to the contest winners (which I do have).

Posted by Klarth

Yeah there are samples up now! Awesome huh?

Okay maybe not! But you can hear clips from Prophets of War on MP's 420 video!

Happy days for everyone! Have some happy! :D

Posted by Hyper

you mean "Wherever I May Roam?"

Posted by Omni

I downloaded "Constant Motion" and I didn't think it was all that amazing. Then again, I'm not really a Dream Theater fan. The vocals weren't that good, especially. Haha, to each his own as they say.

Posted by netman

I thought it was alright

Posted by Klarth

I thought it was pretty great

Posted by Omni

Quoting Klarth: Constant Motion sucks btw

Quoting Klarth: I thought it was pretty great

I guess your opinion changed. Hyper sent me some more stuff by them that I liked, so maybe I'll get into them more. I dunno, from my experience some stuff tends to grow on me after several listens.

Posted by Klarth

yeah i was cocking up the internet back there huh

Posted by Omni

I dunno, you're more than welcome to suggest or send me things you think I might be interested in if you feel like it. Maybe I haven't heard the right songs by them. I doubt you will, haha...

Posted by netman

This is going to sound fanboyish

but I just head Dark Eternal Night

and yeah, its sex.

Posted by Shade

Quoting netman: This is going to sound fanboyish

but I just head Dark Eternal Night

and yeah, its sex.

Theme?

Oh man I can't wait until June. Or May. Whenever the **** it comes out.

Posted by Linkman

June 4th (Europe)
June 5th (US)

Linkman grows impatient. I'm anticipating it's LEAK date; never mind the release date.

may 12th is the leak date. JUST YOU WATCH

Posted by Shade

Oh man. Linkman's going to persuade me to download it, I know it.

Posted by Linkman

surprised no one posted the non-special edition cover.

Better, but ants make it look lame, once again.

Posted by Shade

I like the SE cover more.

Posted by Linkman

I'm not waiting for the special edition just for the cover. If it comes out at the same time as the regular edition, then I'll get it, but I doubt that. :(

Posted by Omni

I like the regular cover more. Still, I'm not a huge fan of the whole ant concept. I know it's symbolic, but whatever... :rolleyes:

Posted by Shade

Quoting Linkman: I'm not waiting for the special edition just for the cover. If it comes out at the same time as the regular edition, then I'll get it, but I doubt that. :(

Same day. 90 minute making-of DVD is so worth the extra eight bucks.

Posted by Hyper

hey i heard it leaked

Hahaha, did I not call that? I fukken know my leaks.

Posted by Hyper

you were a couple days off.

Pff, still more than close enough.

Posted by Omni

Did anyone get the whole thing and listen to it yet?

me

Posted by Omni

Upload? I wanted to download it before but the only torrents I can find have like 700 leechers.

So? Doesn't matter how many leechers there are.

Posted by Omni

Fine, I'll try and get it myself, but it was crawling earlier.

Go to KT and download it there. Mine finished in under five minutes.

Posted by Hyper

is the torrent up now? I got it when it was just a megaupload .rar.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Linkman: surprised no one posted the non-special edition cover.

Wow, I see better looking art flaking off into my underwear. That is definitely no incentive to go out and actually buy the album.

Posted by Linkman

Try washing your crotch sometime.

I have the album, but audio issues are preventing me from being able to listen to it. :(

Posted by Gollum

Excellent album. The Ministry of Lost Souls and In the Presence of Enemies Part 2 are my favourite songs.

Also, there's a 320 version of this at Demonoid. Better than KT's, which I believe is 192.

Posted by Omni

Mine was 320 kbps, but I had to tag all the files myself. That's annoying. Over all, I think it's okay, but not anything really amazing.

Quoted post: Also, there's a 320 version of this at Demonoid. Better than KT's, which I believe is 192.

320 is such a waste of space.

Posted by Omni

Hey, I'd be satisfied with 128. In fact, it'd be preferred. If all the music I had was 320 kbps, I wouldn't even be able to fit it on my hard drive.

Posted by Raptor

Indeed. 192 kbps is near CD-quality bitrate. Anything above that is pretty much a waste unless your storage space is essentially unlimited.

Yeah, the difference in sound just isn't great enough for the amount of space an album takes up. Most of the time I honestly don't hear a difference anyways.

Posted by Hyper

I swear 320 sounds clearer to me than 192 and 128, but maybe it's just a psychological effect. I'm listening to the 192 right now and it doesn't sound too much different than the 128 but when I get the CD I'm ripping it in 320.

mmmmmm <3 In The Presence of Enemies Pt. 2

Posted by Gollum

Well, I have 100GB free on my hard drive, so I can afford to download in 320.

Hyper, you should test it out to see if you really can tell which one is better. Anyway, what does everyone else think of the album? I think it's fantastic. A definite DT classic, in my opinion.

Posted by Raptor

Irrelevant praising a metal album, that's one for the tabloids.

Posted by Klarth

Well Ijust listened to it a few times

I got myself PROGRESSIVELY more drunk through the entire thing, and wound up listening to In The Presence of Enemies pt 2 walking down a road in pitch darkness and it was glorious.

Best thing they've done since Awake. I am so glad they've stopped experimenting and ****ing around with pseudo-mainstream bull****. DT is back for reals.

Posted by Hyper

You can't say Forsaken isn't pseudo-mainstream. It's probably their most radio-friendly song ever (yes, I'm including Another Day, the stuff on Falling Into Infinity, and I Walk Beside You.) It still kicks though, which is great.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Raptor: Irrelevant praising a metal album, that's one for the tabloids.

Fine. I thought Cynic's Focus sucked. Although I make it a practice to abstain from listening to ****ty albums.

Forsaken is a bit radio-friendly I suppose, but I like that song a lot. Didn't notice it until you pointed it out.

Quoted post: Hyper, you should test it out to see if you really can tell which one is better. Anyway, what does everyone else think of the album? I think it's fantastic. A definite DT classic, in my opinion.

320 is definitely better. But barely.

Anywho, I'm kinda surprised you guys like the album so much...

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 320 is definitely better. But barely.

I was thinking about what you guys said about bit rates, and I decided to convert my entire music collection above 320 to 192. That's about half of 8000 songs. I'm going to be getting an mp3 player soon, so I want to be able to fit a lot of music on it. I never really cared about bit rates that much. I never noticed a difference, although my brother swears by lossless with a lot of his music. I wonder how much space I'll save by downconverting it.

Daaaaark master!

By the way, what do you guys think of The Dark Eternal Night? The first time I heard it I went "wtf" but now I love it. I don't think many people will like it, though.

Posted by Omni

That was probably the best song on it, in my opinion. "Constant Motion" was really annoying.

Quoted post: I was thinking about what you guys said about bit rates, and I decided to convert my entire music collection above 320 to 192. That's about half of 8000 songs. I'm going to be getting an mp3 player soon, so I want to be able to fit a lot of music on it. I never really cared about bit rates that much. I never noticed a difference, although my brother swears by lossless with a lot of his music. I wonder how much space I'll save by downconverting it.

If you're an audiophile formats like flac are a given. But, again, the file sizes are just too big and when you get 320 in some of the longer songs ranging in the twenty plus mark, one song can be about the size of a normal full-length album. So you'll end up saving quite a bit of space, maybe even half.

Posted by Hyper

Just buy another internal hard drive. They're not expensive and the extra space is worth it.

I have a few albums that I really like in flac. The difference is noticeable and worth it.

[quote]Anywho, I'm kinda surprised you guys like the album so much...
Sarcasm? The album is great, I don't see why DT fans would dislike it.

Posted by Shade

Pre-ordered my special edition off Amazon. Gonna be great.

Posted by fates warning

I preordered mine of this other site...apparently im getting a signed lithograph as well...I hope that thing is cool.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting fates warning: I preordered mine of this other site...apparently im getting a signed lithograph as well...I hope that thing is cool.

from FYE.com. I would have done that if

1) they accepted paypal
2) I didnt all ready preorder from cduniverse

Posted by Linkman

I got the leak from Netman. Used the album to break in my new sound card (after I finally got it to work). Anyway, it's amazing. Hard to pick a favorite. I loved every single song on it, except Repentance, but it was still good. :)

Definitely going to buy it when it's released.

Quoted post: Just buy another internal hard drive. They're not expensive and the extra space is worth it.

MP3 PLAYER WHAT. Takes up space way too quick. flac really isn't worth the space.

... though maybe it doesn't help that most of my music is black metal...

Posted by Omni

Yeah, I've found that massive bitrate differences don't make a huge whole lot of a difference with black metal production. I actually like the lo-fi sound.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: MP3 PLAYER WHAT. Takes up space way too quick. flac really isn't worth the space.

Who carries their entire library with them on their mp3 players? I would if I had a 100 gigger, but otherwise there's no point. I have many 320 and flac albums on my 20GB with no problems. Just put on the songs you're going to listen to a lot and a few others to keep it interesting.

Quoting Linkman: I loved every single song on it, except Repentance, but it was still good. :)

Repentance is quite possibly the best on the album.

Posted by Klarth

I preferred DARK MASTER

Quoted post: Who carries their entire library with them on their mp3 players? I would if I had a 100 gigger, but otherwise there's no point. I have many 320 and flac albums on my 20GB with no problems. Just put on the songs you're going to listen to a lot and a few others to keep it interesting.

Wait, what? At this point my 30 gig is completely full with 3,633 songs. If all of that was in 320 I'd only get, at most, 2,100 songs on there.

Posted by Omni

Hey, just be glad that 46-minute rip of that Sparowes song was only 32kbps.

Posted by Hyper

My 20 gig has about 1600 songs on it, most of which I do not listen to, and a good mix between low bitrate and 320/flac.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 320 is definitely better. But barely.

Anywho, I'm kinda surprised you guys like the album so much...

No reason to be surprised. The album could be great or it could be complete ****. As always, no matter how good or bad the album is, all these diehard fanz here are going to worship it like it's the Second Coming of Christ by beating off to it until their dicks fall off, so I'm definitely going to have to judge it for myself. I'll post my sincere critique later.

Quoted post: Hey, just be glad that 46-minute rip of that Sparowes song was only 32kbps.

Mine was actually 10.6 MB

Posted by Omni

Yeah, mine, too. If it was a 320, it woulda been huge.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Raptor: No reason to be surprised. The album could be great or it could be complete ****. As always, no matter how good or bad the album is, all these diehard fanz here are going to worship it like it's the Second Coming of Christ by beating off to it until their dicks fall off, so I'm definitely going to have to judge it for myself. I'll post my sincere critique later.

Octavarium is poor

Posted by Shade

It's not one of the greatest overall albums, but it does have a couple great songs.

Posted by Crazy K

My favorite song on the album would have to be The Ministry of Lost Souls. The other songs I enjoyed were Repentance, Forsaken, and In the presence of Enemies part 1 and In the presence of enemies part 2 are both good. I like Prophets of War a bit as well.

I don't like Constant Motion that much, but I don't hate it. It can be kind of annoying.

But I find it to be a fairly good album, for me at least.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: Octavarium is pretty good

:)

Posted by Klarth

No, Octavarium is poor. The Answer Lies Within is like a ****ty version of Anna Lee. I Walk Beside You isn't terrible, but the chorus makes me cringe. Panic Attack is boring. Save the title track maybe two others, the album's a travesty.

Posted by Hyper

I could do a track by track to prove you wrong factually (because music is objective after all), but I haven't got the time. Just know that The Answer Lies Within is the weakest track on the album and I still enjoy it.

I think Panic Attack is the one that sounds like Muse with a bunch of guitar wankery. I liked it.

Posted by Hyper

Never Enough ~= Stockholm Syndrome.

That's the one before or after Panic Attack, right? Because I think it was two consecutive tracks that reminded me of Muse and those were the only two I listened to.

Posted by Omni

I've heard "Never Enough" and it sounds just like Dream Theater doing a Muse song, so yeah.

Posted by Hyper

Panic Attack is pretty Musey as well, though it's not as "bad" as Never Enough.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Klarth: No, Octavarium is poor. The Answer Lies Within is like a ****ty version of Anna Lee. I Walk Beside You isn't terrible, but the chorus makes me cringe. Panic Attack is boring. Save the title track maybe two others, the album's a travesty.

I could never really get in to the title track, myself. Couldn't live up the A Change of Seasons. But Sacrificed Sons, These Walls, and The Root of All Evil are awesome.

Posted by Klarth

In The Presence of Enemies might just be the best long song they've ever done.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade32: I could never really get in to the title track, myself. Couldn't live up the A Change of Seasons. But Sacrificed Sons, These Walls, and The Root of All Evil are awesome.

Why should it have to live up to A Change of Seasons? With that logic, A Change of Seasons should have to live up to the entirety of Six Degrees. Epics can be differently structured and inspired and still rock equally.

Quoted post: Panic Attack is pretty Musey as well, though it's not as "bad" as Never Enough.

Man, it's a good thing you put bad in quotations.

Posted by Hyper

b/c the song + Muse are so good omg :cool:

Posted by Shade

Quoting Hyper: Why should it have to live up to A Change of Seasons? With that logic, A Change of Seasons should have to live up to the entirety of Six Degrees. Epics can be differently structured and inspired and still rock equally.

k, I should've worded that different, although I am still making the comparison to CoS. Some parts of Octavarium were not good at all. The continuum opening took too long to get into the song, and I dislike the section that begins with "sailing on the seven seize the day." Whereas CoS was entertaining throughout the whole song.

Posted by Hyper

sailing on the seven seize the day tripper diem's ready jack the ripper owens wilson phillips and my suppers ready lucy in the sky with diamond daves not here ive come to save the day for nightmare cinema show me the way to get back home again!

The continuum opening is kind of boring but I've always liked the transition to slide guitar. I enjoy Octavarium's diversity and sense of continuity over ACoS's meandering solo sections. Don't get me wrong, ACoS is excellent, but I think Octavarium was written better. At least without the intro.

Posted by Klarth

so what does everyone think about this weird new lyrical direction

"MY SOUL IS YOURS DARK MASTER, I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU"
"DARK MASTER OF SIN, NOW MY SOUL IS YOURS"
"KILL THE CHRISTIANS AND RAPE THEIR CHILDREN"

I mean it's getting kind of dark and grim by their standards especially considering I made the third one up. Also I'm fairly sure Prophets of War is about Bush.

Posted by Gollum

omg, satan worshipers!

I was surprised to hear those odd lyrics as well.

Posted by Omni

I thought these particular lyrics were odd. This is from "The Dark Eternal Night" if you don't know.

"I am the last
Born of the blood of the pharaohs
The ultimate God of a rotting creation
Sent to unleash this curse
"

Posted by Klarth

Yeah particularly odd considering the first line of that little segment is actually screamed.

Posted by Hyper

They just wanted to have fun and write about fantasy stuff again I guess. It turned out really well.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I thought these particular lyrics were odd. This is from "The Dark Eternal Night" if you don't know.

"I am the last
Born of the blood of the pharaohs
The ultimate God of a rotting creation
Sent to unleash this curse
"

How are they odd? Fit the context of the song perfectly. Plus that first line is ****ing beastly when they scream it.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Shade32: How are they odd? Fit the context of the song perfectly. Plus that first line is ****ing beastly when they scream it.

It seems odd for Dream Theater to write songs with lyrics like that. Also, it's not nearly as beastly as some other things I've heard.

Posted by Shade

Not really. They've written fantasy before. Only I'll give you that the lyrics are a bit more obvious now. :p:

They want to be metal.

Posted by Richaod

I of all people have yet to download it (although I didn't hear Octavarium until about a month after its leak)... I'll probably wait until the special edition gets released. I thought it'd be really expensive, but the pre-order's $30, which isn't too bad.

After reading through the thread, I think I need it really, really soon. :(

Posted by Shade

$30 bucks? Pre-ordered mine for $16.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade32: $30 bucks? Pre-ordered mine for $16.

He lives in Australia. :)

Posted by Shade

Oh yea, forgot about that.

Posted by Hyper

Dream Theater and Roadrunner Records are pleased to announce the [url=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/systematicchaos]Systematic Chaos E-Card[/url]. There are plenty of ants to entertain you, plus some truly spectacular desktop wallpaper, AIM icons, and banners. Plus we've loaded it with "The Dark Eternal Night" in-studio video and two tracks from the album.

Systematic Chaos will be released June 5th in simultaneous standard and special editions. You can pre-order now from [url=http://www.fye.com]F.Y.E.[/url] or follow the link to purchase in the E-Card.

[url=http://www.dreamtheater.net]www.dreamtheater.net[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/dreamtheater]Dream Theater on MySpace[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=dreamtheater]Dream Theater on YouTube[/url] (subscribe now to get instant updates on new Dream Theater videos)

Straight from Roadrunner

Posted by Shade

SE cover makes for some good background.

Posted by Fort Shino

I recently just started listening to Dream Theater. and three days ago I downloaded Systematic Chaos. The only song I had by them was 'Dance of Eternity'

I wanted to listen some of their other stuff and I guess I had good timing in doing so sicne I get to discover them through their new album. Which sounds pretty ****ing good.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, I got it recently myself. Favorite songs are In the Presence of Enemies and Ministry of Lost Souls.

Posted by Linkman

Constant Motion Music Video!

Watch now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFJUCqoMV2o
Download:
http://www.dreamtheater.net/news_dreamtheater.php#cmvideo

I liked it.

Posted by Klarth

Terrible.

between the terrible CG and amazingly boring video... that was pretty bad.

Posted by Crazy K

Watched the youtube video and I must say it was not good.

Posted by Linkman

I honestly expected it to be much worse, considering they rushed it. Could have been a lot better though. :(

Posted by Hyper

It sucked but it's a ****ton better than Hollow Years.

Posted by Shade

Eh, pretty plain. They might as well have just done an in-studio recording video and passed it off as a music video.

Posted by Klarth

I liked the Hollow Years clip.

Take The Time is the best they've had, though

Posted by Hyper

I liked Lie.

Posted by fates warning

lol so I got in the mail an album cover of SC signed by all of them. thought i wasnt in the fye first 500 pre-orders, but apparently yes :)

Posted by Azimio

It's a good album, their best since Six Degrees, in my opinion. But it's nowhere near as good as Images and Words and Awake.