Album Title Tracks

Posted by Arcadios

1.Do you expect alot outta them?
2.And are you satisfied with most of them?
3.Name a great track and disappointing tracks.

1) I do actually. I feel like if the album had to be judges on one song it would have to be the song that matches the album in terms of title.

2) Being mostly involved in the genre of Hip Hop and Rap, I have to say that it really goes half and half with these types of songs but some albums don't even have tracks that have the same title as the album.

3) Great Track: Stillmatic(Intro)-Nas
Disappointing Track: Kiss of Death-Jadakiss

Posted by Omni

Quoting Arcadios: 1.Do you expect alot outta them?

If I were an artist, I wouldn't name my album after a bad song. I expect them to be great. They should bbe one of the better songs on the album.

[quote]2.And are you satisfied with most of them?

I like some, but many just suck.

[quote]3.Name a great track and disappointing tracks.

"Superunknown" from Superunknown (LOL) by Soundgarden was easily one of my favorite songs from them. I'm not going to bother listing all the bad ones, since there's so many.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

1) Nope. Very rarely do I ever really get anything from a track title. These rare occasions usually come from Post-Rock bands who use the titles to describe the song, since there's no vocals and thus, no lyrics.

2) Yes and no. They're there, they do their job, and that's enough.

3) Good: "A Brief Moment of Clarity Broke Through the Deafening Hum, But It Was Too Late" by Red Sparrowes

Posted by Hyper

I expect as much from them as all the others, really. And with that comes disappointment: Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation and Stupid Dream by Porcupine Tree are both rather weak instrumentals from their namesake albums.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Arcadios: 1.Do you expect alot outta them?

I expect a little bit. But it's not always one of the better tracks that gets the title, but sometimes it's just kind of a thing like, "hey, we gave that song a cool name. Let's name the album that too!" Or something like that.

[quote]2.And are you satisfied with most of them?

Most of 'em.

[quote]3.Name a great track and disappointing tracks.

Great: The Hours That Remain by Mercenary.
Bad: Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation