Dream Theater ~ Systematic Chaos
Green Carnation ~ The Rise and Fall of Mankind
Porcupine Tree ~ Fear of a Blank Planet
Mostly Autumn ~ Heart Full of Sky
Wintersun ~ Time
Rush ~ Snakes and Arrows
Kamelot TBA
Machinae Supremacy TBA

YEEEEEA. Gonna be great. So many of my favorite bands. And new Pain of Salvation already out that I have to get. :D

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Shade32:
Dream Theater ~ Systematic Chaos
Green Carnation ~ The Rise and Fall of Mankind
Porcupine Tree ~ Fear of a Blank Planet

Those and new Nightwish in September. New vocalist will be interesting, although a bit scary.

I'm not very aware of much that's on the way.

Posted by Shade

Any idea when the new Green Carnation is set to release?

Posted by Dexter

No idea. I wasn't even aware that they had another album coming out until you mentioned it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Whoa, whoa, whoa? New Kamelot? **** yes! Each album has progressively gotten better and better, so I can't imagine how good the next one will be.

Posted by Omni

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Yeah, I'm totally unaware of the world of metal and all that stuff beyond what people talk about on this site, so LOL...

Still, based on some of the other stuff I've gotten so far, a lot of the albums you guys mentioned are exciting for me.

Posted by Hyper

Pretty much everything that I'm looking forward to has all ready been said. Symphony X, Evergrey, Dream Theater, Wintersun, Kamelot, Rush, Porcupine Tree, and Eldritch make up my top list.

Posted by Fate

Most the bands I listen to have weird release dates. The only one I know of for sure is The Bravery. They should be coming up pretty soon. I think it's called "Zeppelin 4" or something.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

the bravery's thing is supposed to come out in april, at least that's what wikiwikiwiki says:

Forthcoming Album Release (The Sun and the Moon)

In late 2006, the band played a limited number of small shows on the US East Coast and in South America to showcase new material from their upcoming 2nd album. Endicott describes the new album as a departure from the synth-heavy sound of their debut [2]. The Sun and the Moon is currently scheduled for release on April 24, 2007.

Posted by WackoHater2

There is only one that I want now.

Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High

Posted by Kamek

Daphne Loves Derby- Goodbye Witness Light
Maroon 5 - It Won't be soon before long
Kanye West- Graduation
New Nas

Posted by Arcadios

I heard Nas is planning on a follow up album to Hip Hop is Dead this year.
I sure hope so.
:(

Posted by Shade

Quoting Panic: There is only one that I want now.

HEY PANIC DIDN'T YOU LEAVE

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Panic: There is only one that I want now.

That doesn't count since it's already out.
It was out 2/6/07

Posted by WackoHater2

Okay, then Graduation by Kanye West. His albums usually have a lot of good songs.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

The Lost Tracks of Danzig - I am the biggest Glenn fan... eva

Tiger Army- Music From Regions Beyond (June 5th) New song from their album on their myspace, named "Afterworld" ughhhh it's so good http://www.myspace.com/tigerarmy

Posted by Bebop

Waiting for A Scanner Darkly soundtrack. Probably already out now. Its out in US so I could always import it...

Posted by fates warning

Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Those are the main ones I am looking forward too, the Dream Theater probably being first priority.

Posted by Shade

Gonna have to add new Live O.A.R CD and a new Dave Matthews Band to my list.

I forgot about the new Lumsk release. Now that it's out I can safely say it's pretty fantastic. A lot calmer than I expected, but the last song specifically is one of the more beautiful I think I've ever heard.

Posted by Dexter

New Lumsk!? Calmer? That's gotta be a good one, perhaps their best. I was't aware of it. I'll have to get that one today.

There's no metal elements whatsoever. There's barely even any distorted guitar. Just lots of really good female vocals and amazing violin and piano.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, man, you know that's what I like. "Byttingen" is probably my favorite song by them and this album sounds like a lot of that.

Posted by Arcadios

Rakim's The Seventh Seal

Posted by Desperado

Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Part 2
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol 3
Common - Finding Forever

Posted by RandomizeR

I heard Purified In Blood is coming out with a new album but I cant seem to find the name of it.. :(

If they are then that's the one I'm going to buy next

It's funny because they split up.

Posted by RandomizeR

yeah i just saw that today...but i swear that i saw something saying that they were going to release another album

Posted by Shade

Nightwish ~ Lunar
Amorphis ~ Kalevala

Good lord this year keeps getting better and better.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Apparently Basilisk and Urfaust have a split coming out this year. If this is so, I pretty much know exactly where my vote for "album of the year" is going to go as they're both amazing bands. Also, Leviathan, Mgla (3 releases), Mayhem, Nargaroth, Astrofaes, Drudkh, and Nyktalgia all have full-length releases at some point this year. I can already see it being hard to choose between Mgla, Nyktalgia, Leviathan, and Basilisk/Urfaust.

New Watain, Explosions in the Sky, and Shining were quite good and certainly lived up to the high expectations I had from them both.

Announced on Kriegsmaschine's website: "Until April 2007 Kriegsmaschine is not available for live performances". This makes me wonder if it's because the drummer and guitar player/singer are recording for Mgla at this time or if they're busy with a Kriegsmaschine release.

And it seems that Deathspell Omega's Mikko isn't recording anything for Clandestine Blaze at the moment and the band's been working on a follow up to SMRC. Hopefully this means recording has begun.

Unfortunately Maniac Neil of Lord Gore, Blood Freak, Frightmare, etc. has quit music this year, so not all is necessarily good. Eh, he had a good run though, I guess it's better to quit while you're ahead than fade out as crap.

*** this is going to be a good year.

Quoted post:
I can already see it being hard to choose between Mgla, Nyktalgia, Leviathan, and Basilisk/Urfaust.

Winner would've been Urfaust by a mile if it wasn't a split.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I dunno man, Basilisk is pretty good material. I think it's going to be really good. But yeah, if it was just Urfaust it'd be amazing, not just "good".

Also, Alcest and Amesoeurs seem to have releases this year as well.

I like splits, I just don't like splits. The more songs the better, and splits usually only have four or less, which just isn't enough, especially when it's urfaust. But yeah, Alcest this summer which already sounds amazing. Very different, but still amazing.

Posted by Shade

I'm looking forward to Alcest as well.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Green Carnation - The Rise and Fall of Mankind
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Kamelot - TBA
Machinae Supremacy - TBA
Rush - Snakes
Amorphis - Kalevala

And the new Nightingale, and Hypocrisy...should they be released this year. Lot's of other's too i'm sure.

Quoted post: Kamelot - TBA

Ghost Opera

Posted by Crazy K

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Isn't Linkin Park coming out with a new album? I hope it isn't as crappy as Meteora.

Posted by fates warning

yeah they are, but LP sucks dick

Posted by Shade

It'll be as crappy as all of their other material.

[quote]Ghost Opera

NA release set for June 5th, dont'chaknow.

Oh *** it's going to be amazing.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Wow, got a few more I forgot to add before.

Limbonic Art - Legacy Of Evil!(possibly most anticipated album actually)

Graveworm - Collateral Defect

Sear Bliss - The Arcane Odyssey

Sigh - Hangman's Hymm

Shape Of Despair - Unknown title

The last entry is an assumption, because "Illusion's Play" was released in 2004...so you'd think a new album would hit in 07'

Posted by Shin-Ra

I found some more new releases recently:
Nortt this fall, Clandestine Blaze (I was wrong), and Nocternity are also scheduled for this year.

Oh ****, new Nocternity? That's my most anticipated album now I think.

Quoted post: Graveworm - Collateral Defect

Already leaked. Didn't bother to check it out since I assumed it sucked.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
Already leaked. Didn't bother to check it out since I assumed it sucked.

No s***? I'll have to check that out. Personally, I didn't think (N)utopia was that bad...but it was certainly a different direction for them. Heres hoping Collateral Defect is better.

I couldn't listen to (N)utopia after I checked out the lyrics. ****ing brutal. I know they're Italian, but I've seen 80 year-old immigrants that can speak the english language better than them.

Posted by Hyper

New Linkin Park, lol. I watched their new video out of curiosity and it sucked just as much as I figured.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I couldn't listen to (N)utopia after I checked out the lyrics. ****ing brutal. I know they're Italian, but I've seen 80 year-old immigrants that can speak the english language better than them.

I entirely agree about the lyrics. They were comedically bad. Even the actual vocals were a big step down. I could barely contain my laughter, when he does that "UHH,RIGHT!" in Timeless. In fact, that was probably the worst song on the album.

Yeah, they took on too many "nu-metal" elements, which I don't know if that was intentional or not given the album title. But everything from song structure, basic riffs, drum beats and so on echoed nu-metal. I wasn't too happy with the new direction.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Add a reissue and remastering of Elysian Blaze's Beneath Silent Faces demo to the list (now a full-length cd) and later this year, Elysian Blaze is coming out with a new album entitled Blood Geometry. I really hope he goes in a less abstract direction this time, honestly. I really enjoyed the track "Macabre Be Thy Blood" off the last album and am hoping for something similar.

Just as long as he keeps the same atmosphere--that distant, subtly intense, crypt-like sound that made Carnal so fantastic--I'll be happy.

Posted by xapplexpiex

the new cd by Silverstein. i forgot what its called but i know it comes out on july 3rd. if ya like rockish/emoish ud like them. look em up on myspace or something :D

Posted by Klarth

Wintersun - Time
Guns 'n' Roses - Chinese Democracy

WHICH ONE WILL I LISTEN TO FIRST?!?

Posted by Omni

Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde
Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life
Nyktalgia - Peisithanatos

More, but that's what I remember at the moment.

Quoting Klarth: Guns 'n' Roses - Chinese Democracy

I wonder if he'll finally release that this year. ****ing Axl...

Posted by Nihilus

Local H -TBA

Instant Karma - mixed artists (I know it has Green Day doing Working Class Hero and alot of others remaking Lennon lassics.)

I don't know the name of it but, I know Avenged Sevenfold has got a new one on the way.

New Xasthur and The Protomen.

Posted by Omni

Is there a new Xasthur this year? I didn't know that... Also, I'm assuming you're looking forward to the ones I posted, too. I can't wait for Alcest especially.

Yeah, there's a split and an EP coming out this year I think. But ****, I'm definitely looking forward to new Nyktalgia, Leviathan and Alcest.

Posted by Omni

Who is he doing a split with?

Black Circle. Not the best band, but whatever.

Posted by Nihilus

I jut caught wind of Marlyn Manson's new one, Eat Me, Drink Me. It's been what, 3 or 4 years since his last album? Should be awesome.

Posted by Omni

LOL, that Manson album leaked already.

Posted by Shade

And it most likely sucks serious ***.

Posted by Nihilus

I didnt say it just leaked, I said "I just caught wind". So I will continue to anticipate despite the fact that you already heard of it. You can actually hear it on the dreaded Myspace.

Actually, it's better than his last album, but quite a bit worse than the rest of his material. Still an improvement though.

Posted by Nihilus

Yeah, his last was a waste of my 15 bucks.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Queens of the Stone Age- Era Vulgaris

Posted by Omni

Peste Noire - Folkfuck Folie

This is supposed to be out at the end of the month. I forgot about it until just now.

Oh *** it's going to be good. Two Neige releases in the same month (hopefully)? Awesome.

Posted by Omni

The previous Peste Noire is my favorite black metal album. I expect this to be equally good, or maybe even better.

Posted by Arcadios

Bumping this thread.

Lil Wayne-Tha Carter III
Papoose- The Nacirema Dream
New Nas

Posted by Shade

New Evergrey (sometime before christmas)

That's about all I can think of for this year.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

New Leviathan and Lurker Of Chalice. Probably some others, but i'm too lazy for thinking right now.