Your religion is bull****

Posted by Sean Fury

So, I did my good act for the day. Two black girls stopped by my house (in b4 AIDs, pool's closed, etc. etc.) and they were talking about religious stuff. Now, I know these people are working hard to get people to actually listen, so I thought I'd listen to them ramble about *** for a minute. Only took a few minutes of my time that I would of otherwise used to do nothing really. So anyway, the one ends up giving me two pamphlets of some sort I figured I would just trash, and they were nice enough though, so I figured I skim through it and see if there was anything worth reading. **** I was wrong.

So, *** now condemns homosexuality? I mean, I knew it was all frowned upon before, but now we're actually getting things thrown in our face about it. The worst part is how these people take random quotes out of the bible and manipulate them into saying what they like. This kind of hocus-pocus should get them burned at the stakes for being practitioners of witchcraft. But let's not just blame these wordsmith for the way they contort what someone else has said, I mean, it's not like it's as bad as lying or something silly like that.

But I digress, let's get back to the topic at hand: *** hates homos. Apparently, when you're "in bloom of your youth" you can experience involuntarily sexual arousals towards members of the same sex. However, if you are to question these desires as more than just a phase, you'll find that there is no answer to where they come from. No devil with a beating stick in Hell giggling like a Japanese schoolgirl, no overbearing *** shaking his finger angrily at you, not even a naked greased-up deaf guy. It merely touches upon the fact that "he or she can choose to act or not act on those desires" and thus, make you a homosexual...or not.

But let's step away from the topic of homosexuality for a minute (tis a silly place) and let's just think for a minute. Of all the devilry in the world, of all the miscreants and subservients of Satan that attempt to transgress us from the path of good; is there truly so many of us that deserve a fiery pit? *** is forgiving, or so they say, he would forgive Lucifer if he repented, are things like homosexuality and not going to church or eating meat on Friday really THAT Hellworthy? Think about it, because...as for me, if I wanted poor religious interpretation I'd go to a Jewish deli in New York.

Posted by Lord of Spam

That is the most retarded, pointless rant Ive ever seen. You;'ve made no coherent argument for or against anything; this doesnt belong in the warbaord.

Posted by mis0

I wish people would stop bickering and fighting about each others fukken beliefs. There are actual, real tangible problems in the world that need to be addressed. I don't give a **** if someones gay, nor do I care if someone says others are going to Hell for it. They're all stupid for ignoring the tangible problems like global warming which we should be occupying ourselves with.

As it goes though, even as someone who believes in a higher power, I still don't like it when churches try to impose legal sanctions on people for what are clearly innate traits, such as homosexuality. The next time I see those "*** hates fags" people I'll ask them if they chose to be heterosexual, and of course the answer is no. The honest answer from anyone would be "I just am hetero/homosexual". This is America, ****it. But apparently freedom and seperation of chuch & state don't mean jack **** anymore. I can't believe people are so ****ing stupid.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Misoxeny: I wish people would stop bickering and fighting about each others fukken beliefs. There are actual, real tangible problems in the world that need to be addressed. I don't give a **** if someones gay, nor do I care if someone says others are going to Hell for it. They're all stupid for ignoring the tangible problems like global warming which we should be occupying ourselves with.

Well f'cking said.

Posted by GameMiestro

So just because you found a pamphlet that said quoted parts of the bible, and said that homosexuality was evil, you think this justifies you denouncing all religions? Find any quote in the bible that says that homosexuality is wrong, and I will prove that MY religion has nothing to do with it.

If you want to have an honest debate about why you think religion is "wrong", you're going to have to do a heck of a lot better than that.

Posted by muffla

i am a proud atheist

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

This is why people hate atheists.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This calls for a Jihad.

Posted by muffla

"you must spread some reputation aorund before giving it to the X again"

sooo funny i bol

Posted by Noir

I understand your anger, but don't denounce all religion for something so simple. This is why I don't conform to organised religion-because what they say is the 'Word of ***' is most typically really the Word of Man after years of twisting and whatnot. I mean, *** hasnt spoken in a long time.
Not saying that I am an atheist (far from it ) but I prefer not to go to ONE church EVERY Sunday, etc.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting GameMiestro: So just because you found a pamphlet that said quoted parts of the bible, and said that homosexuality was evil, you think this justifies you denouncing all religions? Find any quote in the bible that says that homosexuality is wrong, and I will prove that MY religion has nothing to do with it.

If you want to have an honest debate about why you think religion is "wrong", you're going to have to do a heck of a lot better than that.

I refer you to the old testament.

Posted by GameMiestro

I refer you to the new testament, which overrules the old testament in Christianity. If someone isn’t following the golden rule (and other teachings of Jesus), they aren’t acting Christian, whether they believe homosexuality is evil or not. I wouldn’t like to be told that I was doomed to an eternity in hell, so I don’t do it to other people.

Posted by Lord of Spam

So *** changed his mind between the stuff he said first, then contradicted himself later? PRAISE BE TO OMNIPOTENCE.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Lord of Spam: So *** changed his mind between the stuff he said first, then contradicted himself later? PRAISE BE TO OMNIPOTENCE.

Maybe he reevaluated his opinions in light of all the ****ed up **** that went on pre-Jesus. :cool:

Posted by GameMiestro

*** didn't change his mind, Christians changed the prevailing philosophy of the times. People wrote the books, not ***.

Notice how Christians do not tell atheists that they are not allowed to change their minds about religion. :cool:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting The X: Maybe he reevaluated his opinions in light of all the ****ed up **** that went on pre-Jesus. :cool:

Thats exactly my point, if he was omnipotent then there would be no need to change. he would have gotten it right the first time.

Quoting GameMiestro: People wrote the books, not ***.

Funny, I seem to remember being taught in sunday school that the bible was the word of ***. And be careful using that "lol people wrote it, not ***" stuff, because the cast majority of the arguments that most christians use boil down to "cuz the bible told me so," in which case you're just saying that you choose to organize your life around a certain belief system just cuz a charasmatic person told you to, in which case you're not better than the nutjobs that join doomsday cults.

rant over, in b4 bj, etc.

Posted by Raptor

*** told the people what to say in the books, and the enlightened ones who could understand the word of *** wrote the books so that future generations could understand the word of *** in their own language. They translated what *** had to say into their own language the best they could, still managing to get most of it wrong from the very start, for who can really understand what the hell Alanis Morissette is singing about? Over the centuries, the bible has been translated and retranslated again into the English version that appears today, resulting in even more misinterpretations along the way, so that this jagged little pill known as the bible now likely professes something near the opposite of what *** said to begin with. So most likely, *** loves homosexuals (and Canada), and that's why through "intelligent design" she gave men penises right near their anuses, both of which are used for waste elimination (talk about efficiency!), and the latter of which also seems to accomodate an average erect penis sufficiently. It all seems to fit together so suspiciously well.

Also, Sean Fury is a moron.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Raptor: Also, Sean Fury is a moron.

Read that as Mormon.

Posted by Sean Fury

I have eight wives. They all stay in the kitchen.

Posted by Lord of Spam

man, you must be tired. I mean, eight wives to beat? thats gotta get old fast.

Posted by Sean Fury

Nah, my dexterity got built up through all the fapping I do at 4chan.

Posted by Oforia

Most likely, if they were stopping by your house and handing out pamphlets then they were Jehovah's Witnesses. This so-called "religion" is very different from traditional Christianity. Keep that in mind.

Best religion: Born-again Christians. I didn't know it was an actual religion until very recently. And wow. That's some ****ed up ****.

Posted by Oforia

Ha, besides the obvious whacked-out cults out there, I would say Mormons are the craziest. They are actually considered a religion. I myself would classify them as a cult, but whatever. I guess you could say Scientology, but the way I look at it...Anything that is not 100 years old should not be classified as a "religion".

Posted by Slade

I kind of wish I was part of some highly religious group and was granted passage to ancient religious temples and such. Then it'd be worth it.

Posted by MarioStar

I Love Jesus.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;542211]Best religion: Born-again Christians. I didn't know it was an actual religion until very recently. And wow. That's some ****ed up ****.
Oh shut up.. :cool:

[quote=MarioStar;542733]I Love Jesus.
So do I, anyone that can change water into wine and walk on water is cool for party pranks in my book. But.. just go away. Keep the "messiah" out of this.

[quote=muffla;540919]i am a proud atheist
Go away, you're only claiming Atheism to sound "cool".

[quote=The X;541005]This calls for a Jihad.
Right ****in' on the ****in' money, mother ****er, ****ing **** **** up yo'!

Posted by Sean Fury

All religions (basically) are a compilation of moral views and ancient people who followed them, add in an ethereal deity and you have a religion. All you have to do is follow a couple of beliefs on what is right and what is wrong, and you'll get through life just fine instead of piggy-backing on some bored guy's idea from the B.C.s.

Honestly, the way I see it, religion is just there to help weaker people along through life, not act as some mandatory instituition that'll define us as who we are and demand certain things out of us. Good people do good things, they don't need some extraterrestrial parental figure shaking his/her finger at them everytime they think up something that might not be considered "in good conscience".

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Sean Fury;542774]Honestly, the way I see it, religion is just there to help weaker people along through life, not act as some mandatory instituition that'll define us as who we are and demand certain things out of us. Good people do good things, they don't need some extraterrestrial parental figure shaking his/her finger at them everytime they think up something that might not be considered "in good conscience".

I understand it as, that way too. Religion is to give good faith in something; bring faith to the faith/hopeless, and deliver a reason to meaningful existence with some practitioners. But I'm Agnostic, what in the hell would I know of organized modern religion.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like how almost everyone here thinks you have to be weak or stupid to be religious.

Religion provides a VERY strong sense of community and moral well being. That can be a very strong draw to a lot of people. Aside from that, how the **** are you going to say that someone like St. Thomas Aquinas was stupid? Hell, Einstein was so convinced that there was a *** that he recanted his own theories that led to quantum mechanics (he didnt like the thought that the universe was random, and insited that *** and control, leading to the quote "*** does not paly dice").

You're all a bunch of arrogant ****s, and I only hope BJ sees this so that he can verbally rape you.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Lord of Spam;542895]You're all a bunch of arrogant ****s, and I only hope BJ sees this so that he can verbally rape you.
Like we even give a ****.. Why can't you deliver the rape yourself, too ignorant and resourceless to lead the attacks that only your little guard dog can handle?

Posted by S

Quoting Lord of Spam: I like how almost everyone here thinks you have to be weak or stupid to be religious.

Religion provides a VERY strong sense of community and moral well being. That can be a very strong draw to a lot of people. Aside from that, how the **** are you going to say that someone like St. Thomas Aquinas was stupid? Hell, Einstein was so convinced that there was a *** that he recanted his own theories that led to quantum mechanics (he didnt like the thought that the universe was random, and insited that *** and control, leading to the quote "*** does not paly dice").

You're all a bunch of arrogant ****s, and I only hope BJ sees this so that he can verbally rape you.

Einstein may have been a brilliant man when it came to physics, but he was ignorant if he ruled out the possibility of a God not existing. He let his personal views get in his way. That in itself could be argued as a crime against himself, but I just think he was human.

Also, people quantify religion as weak because it is not a necessary driver. Many people may need Religion, but others do not. The one's who need no such crutch in order to get them through their day; they are self-sufficient in their self-esteem, and need no external driver in order to create a community. That's where the term "weak" comes from. And of course, there are always outlyers.

Posted by Oforia

Quoting Lunairetic: Einstein may have been a brilliant man when it came to physics, but he was ignorant if he ruled out the possibility of a God not existing. He let his personal views get in his way. That in itself could be argued as a crime against himself, but I just think he was human.

Also, people quantify religion as weak because it is not a necessary driver. Many people may need Religion, but others do not. The one's who need no such crutch in order to get them through their day; they are self-sufficient in their self-esteem, and need no external driver in order to create a community. That's where the term "weak" comes from. And of course, there are always outlyers.

For the most part, I do agree with you. However, not all who are religious are week. This could be viewed as a stereotype, in my opinion. There are many religious people out there who are able to endure great pain because of their "so-called religion". With that in mind, I would not label all religious people as being weak. Even those who are self-sufficient in their own self esteem may follow a "religion". Hedonism is not necessarily a religion; however, it is a philosophy that satanic people widely support. Satanism in itself, is a religion based on personal power, and worshiping oneself instead of a deity. This is not the only form of satanism. The other form is actually worshiping Satan as a deity.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Lunairetic: Einstein may have been a brilliant man when it came to physics, but he was ignorant if he ruled out the possibility of a God not existing. He let his personal views get in his way. That in itself could be argued as a crime against himself, but I just think he was human.

I see what you're saying, but I think its sort of flawed. while they may rely on something external for their strength, it cant be denied that the strength is very real. Buhddist monks can set themselves on fire and remain calm and seated while they burn to death. There are countless examples of people with strong religious convictions overcoming insane odds and obstacles, assisted by their religious faith. In that sense, religion is very real, and very powerful. Whether its *** or just "mind over matter" is largely immaterial for these people, since the results cannot be debated, merely the source.

[quote=]Like we even give a ****.. Why can't you deliver the rape yourself, too ignorant and resourceless to lead the attacks that only your little guard dog can handle?

First of all, I'm not above admiting that BJ is better educated and more eloquent than I. As for not being able to lead the attack, I'll attack when there's something worth attacking, but right now I'm eating a rather delicious baked potato my mother cooked, and frankly letting it get cold to make you look childish just isnt worth it.

Posted by S

[QUOTE=Lord of Spam;543161]I see what you're saying, but I think its sort of flawed. while they may rely on something external for their strength, it cant be denied that the strength is very real. Buhddist monks can set themselves on fire and remain calm and seated while they burn to death. There are countless examples of people with strong religious convictions overcoming insane odds and obstacles, assisted by their religious faith. In that sense, religion is very real, and very powerful. Whether its *** or just "mind over matter" is largely immaterial for these people, since the results cannot be debated, merely the source.

I agree, though I never disputed this. I'm merely making the point that it is weak in the fact that it is not strength taken from one's self and only one's self. They require something to be able to draw from their own power, and in the regard of strength of their own pure will, it would be considered weak. This is not to say, however, that religion isn't a powerful force and a massive driver. Religion can drive men to do many things because they believe in their cause as truly right, and when a man or a woman have such a powerful sustinance for their own cause and its righteousness, I would not doubt they could move mountains. They could also murder billions of people with that same conviction.

In this situation, strength is determined mostly through one's own power and ability to uphold themselves without exterior influences(IE: Religion.). The religious may become physically more powerful, mentally sharper, and spiritually "ascended." But without that religion, they are nothing but a shell of what could be.

You make good points in your stance though.

[quote="Mixman"]For the most part, I do agree with you. However, not all who are religious are week. This could be viewed as a stereotype, in my opinion. There are many religious people out there who are able to endure great pain because of their "so-called religion". With that in mind, I would not label all religious people as being weak. Even those who are self-sufficient in their own self esteem may follow a "religion". Hedonism is not necessarily a religion; however, it is a philosophy that satanic people widely support. Satanism in itself, is a religion based on personal power, and worshiping oneself instead of a deity. This is not the only form of satanism. The other form is actually worshiping Satan as a deity.

Keep in mind I did say there are outlyers. I personally know spiritual people that are arguably as powerful minded(And no, I'm not tooting my own horn here.) as myself, if not more so. There are also weak minded agnostics and atheists running around that I ignore or, if I feel so inclined, hit with a stick because they forget to think before they act, and rely on things as a crutch after mocking others about the very same thing. It is a generalization, but it is also a consistant within people. We break from our bonds, many of us, but those that don't typically fall into this category.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Lunairetic: I agree, though I never disputed this. I'm merely making the point that it is weak in the fact that it is not strength taken from one's self and only one's self. They require something to be able to draw from their own power, and in the regard of strength of their own pure will, it would be considered weak. This is not to say, however, that religion isn't a powerful force and a massive driver. Religion can drive men to do many things because they believe in their cause as truly right, and when a man or a woman have such a powerful sustinance for their own cause and its righteousness, I would not doubt they could move mountains. They could also murder billions of people with that same conviction.

In this situation, strength is determined mostly through one's own power and ability to uphold themselves without exterior influences(IE: Religion.). The religious may become physically more powerful, mentally sharper, and spiritually "ascended." But without that religion, they are nothing but a shell of what could be.

You make good points in your stance though.

I guess we're just going to disagree. For me, the results are what matter, and religious belief can get some rather dramatic results.

Posted by S

Quoting Lord of Spam: I guess we're just going to disagree. For me, the results are what matter, and religious belief can get some rather dramatic results.

I don't actually necisarily believe that, though I don't necisarily disagree with it either. I'm just explaining it how I see it being used, is all. The results matter to me, but so do the origins of those actions. I'm a mythology buff, and I love learning about it all in general. It's fascinating as to how it affects people, whether it be ancient or now-a-days.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm more inclined to think that its just a mind over matter thing myself, so to me the source of the devotion isnt really all that important, since the same level of dedication could in theory be had without the religious trappings.

Posted by sniper

[quote]t was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal *** and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
-- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.
-- Albert Einstein, 1936, responding to a child who wrote and asked if scientists pray. Source: Albert Einstein: The Human Side, Edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffmann

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-- Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science", New York Times Magazine, 9 November 1930

I cannot conceive of a *** who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.
-- Albert Einstein, The World as I See It

I cannot imagine a *** who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a ***, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
-- Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955

I believe in Spinoza's *** who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a *** who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.
-- Albert Einstein, following his wife's advice in responding to Rabbi Herbert Goldstein of the International Synagogue in New York, who had sent Einstein a cablegram bluntly demanding "Do you believe in ***?" Quoted from and citation notes derived from Victor J Stenger, Has Science Found ***? (draft: 2001), chapter 3.

One strength of the Communist system ... is that it has some of the characteristics of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion.
-- Albert Einstein, Out Of My Later Years (1950), quoted from Laird Wilcox, ed., "The Degeneration of Belief"

yeah.

Posted by S

Quoting sniper: yeah.

For some reason I knew Einstein better than what was said, but I'd never researched it. He is truly more intelligent than I had previously thought. Good find, sniper.

Posted by misogenie

The Holy Bible is a lifeguard that prevents the extinction of the human race from happening too quickly. A lot of Hindu believers had to give up their religion for Christianity because body-healing is something the Holy Father can fix but not their Hindu idol. The Holy Father's punishment for homosexuality must have stopped many Christian homosexuals from having a relationship with the same sex.

Posted by Sean Fury

I'd derep you if I could PHM, trust me. And yeah, I'm real gay, so gay that I have to fake a relationship with a girl so that everyone thinks I'm straight. Yep. *rolls eyes* Get a life.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Maybe you should be gay, sean. At least then when you beat up your partner its a fair fight.

Haha, wow. That genie post followed by that sean post has pretty much met the quota of fail for the next month.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Lord of Spam: Maybe you should be gay, sean. At least then when you beat up your partner its a fair fight.

Have you ever seen a gay guy fight? I don't mean the body-builders that we all assume are gay, I mean the real gay kids, the hXc kind.

whoosh

Posted by Oforia

Notice how the topic gradually evolved from Mormons who come to your door spreading their "religious truth" to homosexuality.

Douche Bags.

You can't have a religious discussion without it!

Posted by Omni

Quoting Sean Fury: I'd derep you if I could PHM, trust me. And yeah, I'm real gay, so gay that I have to fake a relationship with a girl so that everyone thinks I'm straight. Yep. *rolls eyes* Get a life.

You're definitely either gay or on your period, Sean. Which is it?

Posted by Oforia

I was kind of hinting that maybe we should drop the gay talk and get back on topic :rolleyes: ???

internets... on topic? what? Plus, the original topic was retarded and started by fury. **** that.

Posted by Kodachi

I knew I should have closed this when I first saw it.