Disaster: Day of Crisis

Posted by Dexter

It's a survival game, only you survive natural disasters like volcanic eruptions and a tsunami. There looks to be some gun shooting ad typical material like that, but still, it looks like a decent start to a fairly new idea and it seems as though Nintendo is determined to make it a franchise. I've often wondered what a game like this would be like. Should be visually exciting. Hopefully nature puts up a good, respectable fight.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hopefully nature doesn't look like garbage.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I wonder if Disasterman will show up in Brawl, since he's being made into a franchise. That would be neat.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Hopefully nature doesn't look like garbage.

I'm really getting sick of people bashing Wii on the graphics end of things. It will NEVER look as good as the games on 360 or PS3. I'm pretty sure they're doing the best they can(well, most are *COUGH* FARCRY *COUGH*). But seriously, it was never meant to be a graphics powerhouse. As long as the game looks decent I'll be happy. But what I would find more important is perhaps how they'll use the controller in this game. What will set it apart from any other game of this genre that'll make me go out and buy it? Cause for the time being, it seems neat, but nothing to tilt my tophat to. I look forward to hearing more about it though.

Quoted post: I'm really getting sick of people bashing Wii on the graphics end of things. It will NEVER look as good as the games on 360 or PS3. I'm pretty sure they're doing the best they can(well, most are *COUGH* FARCRY *COUGH*). But seriously, it was never meant to be a graphics powerhouse.

drr drr drr no ****. I've never complained about it not looking like a 360 game, I just don't want it to look like CoD3. Put some ****ing effort into these games, that's all.

Posted by Dexter

From what little images I've seen, it looks graphically simple. Nothing too artistic about it. It's a game with an opportunity to be gorgeous, but I doubt it'll happen . It should be superior to CoD3, graphically.

I'm not sure we'll ever see anything truly impressive when it comes to graphics on the Wii. I look forward to a nifty artistic touch, such as Sadness, instead of gorgeous Gears of War-like graphics.

But yeah, the Wii is capable of more than we're seeing right now so let's get to it guys!

Quoted post: I'm not sure we'll ever see anything truly impressive when it comes to graphics on the Wii.

Ninja Gaiden and *** of War 2 both say otherwise. Which is what I expect, or close to, from just about every big game.

Posted by Sage Shadows

This actually looks pretty **** good. I'd but it for sure, it doesnt need good graphnics, but better then CoD3 like Vamp stated. However, good graphics would really make this game very easy to get into, and make you feel like you're in the game.

Posted by Bebop

Im really interested in this title and how it'll be used as a franchise. Considering how beautiful Galaxy looks I'm confident Nintendo will make this title great looking too.

Posted by Dexter

Galaxy look good for what it is, but it's difficult for me to compare the two. One is cartoony, which is easier, while the other has the challenge of trying to look realistic. That's not as easy. Natural disasters are naturally gorgeous, so they must give it justice!

Posted by muffla

as long as the sub par graphics dont distract me from the game, im fine with them. if they are bad enough to distract you then its probobly obsolete anyways

Posted by Dexter

I'm into the theme more than the graphics, but the theme would be superior with gorgeous graphics. I'm expecting something fairly basic with the graphics. The images that are already out are just that.

And graphics don't usually distract me from the game too much, unless something stands out. I usually scrutinize them when I start a game, but once I get into it, I stray away from noticing them. Tales of the Abyss has awful graphics, but it stopped bothering me once I got into the adventure.

It's going to distract you when you see ****ty dust storms blowing up in your face when it's actually supposed to be a massive tornado.

Posted by Dexter

Nah, my imagination will correct it. You're talking to a guy who still plays more NES than anything else. Sometimes using the imagination makes the experience even better.

**** that. I don't mind ****ty graphics when the technology doesn't allow anything better, but we all know the Wii is capable of delivering something at least on par with *** of War 2 or RE4.

Posted by Bebop

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/first-look-at-wii-disaster-238959.php

Posted by Ant

"First Look At Wii Disaster"

I GET IT!

Posted by Bebop

I really want more gameplay info. And by more info I mean finally getting some.

Posted by Dexter

That lava doesn't look as good as the lava in Gears of War. It's over.

Posted by Zeta

It's not lava; it's cheese. Everyone knows that one of the locations in the game is an abandoned Kraft factory.

Quoted post: That lava doesn't look as good as the lava in Gears of War. It's over.

imulsion* lol