Rush's new album + tour

Posted by Tiptoegecko

http://www.rush.com/php/home.php?f=1

New album Snakes and Arrows on May 1st 2007 and a tour in the summer

Can you say AUTO F'CKING WIN?

I can't wait, Rush is a f'cking awesome band

Posted by Omni

I'll probably grab that on the internets for free. I wonder how good it will be.

Posted by Shade

BUY IT OR DIE. It will be amazing.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Bigger and better albums to worry about.

Posted by Shade

Such as Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos. :D

Doesn't interest me.

Posted by Omni

I'm waiting for other cooler stuff that won't be out for a while, but this might be amusing for a bit, since Geddy's voice makes me laugh.

Posted by Xero

I love Rush. I can't wait to listen to their new stuff :cool:

Awesome!

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Doesn't interest me.

New Wintersun?

That with a bunch of other stuff.

Posted by Hyper

I'm curious about new Rush but I definitely don't have very high expectations. I'll definitely download it if nothing else.

Posted by fates warning

Ill probaly buy this. Will see them live if they come close enough to my area. I love rush, but I doubt any of their newer material will compare to Moving Pictures or 2112.

Posted by Shade

Nothing much can compare to 2112.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=552258&postcount=434

Zomg Rush new single get

Posted by Miles "Tails" Prower

I cannot wait!!! Rush is my absolute favorite band!!! I play the bass guitar and TOTALLY idolize Geddy Lee! I SO hope they come to Pittsburgh when they tour!!!!

Posted by fates warning

Good single. Hope the rest of the album is just as good.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Tour dates went up a bit ago, and I bought my tickets. I got really close seats, and I can't wait until July 2nd!

Posted by Shade

Get a high five from Geddy for me!

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Shade32: Get a high five from Geddy for me!

Im not front row sadly, but Im close enough to take good pictures of them from my phone + 15 second vids

Posted by fates warning

I got lawn tickets =p

Posted by Tiptoegecko

It's out as of today (May 1st)

I have to say, ****, this is their best album in a long time. I am loving every single minute of this, and was totally worth the wait and it's totally worth buying. Look in the downward spiral blog for the upload

Posted by Shade

I've only listened to some of the more early Rush works, so when I previewed the album on iTunes it seemed very new to me. I can't wait to pick it up.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Shade32: I've only listened to some of the more early Rush works, so when I previewed the album on iTunes it seemed very new to me. I can't wait to pick it up.

http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=574454&postcount=798

Pick it up NOW

Posted by Omni

I'm listening to it now. I've never been a huge Rush listener, but it's pretty cool so far.

Posted by Shade

Picked up earlier today, sounds awesome so far. I love how Lifeson's added more acoustic guitar to this album.

Posted by Xero

My dad bought 2 tickets for their concert in Montreal. It's in september. I hope he decides to bring me. My favorite CD from them is Hemisphere. That song lasts 18 minutes and they're 18 minutes of good music.

Apparently they will be performing that song during the concert. YESSSSSS.

Posted by Ilikefluff

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I'm waiting for other cooler stuff that won't be out for a while, but this might be amusing for a bit, since Geddy's voice makes me laugh.

lmao geddys voice does sound funny.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Oh my dear lord, Rush was fucking amazing

They played everything I wanted them to play. From Far Cry (I have 2 vids of it), Armor and Sword, Spirit of Radio and YYZ (The finale, I got vids of that)

Neil Peart's Drum Solo was off the hook. (I got vids of that too)

It was 3 and 1/2 hours of pure AWESOME

And they had this little movie of the kids from South Park perform Tom Sawyer, but Cartman got the lyrics wrong and confused it with Huckleberry Fin. It was so funny. I didn't know about it, so I didn't get a vid of it. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ-XNDEuYCs )

Check this post for when I upload the vids
(edit: allow shitty sound when watching the vids because phones suck ass)

Posted by fates warning

lol, my same thoughts exactly, seems they did the exact same songs/movies in Raleigh too =P

Posted by WackoHater

They have been great since 74, but have diverted from the core base they started out with, when they changed drummers, they went in very odd directions musically, but they have had legendary moments when they were on their game.

All the world's a stage their live album illustrates the type of music they should have focused on their entire career, 50% of their stuff was very experimental and of little value to me though.

Posted by Klarth

Changing drummers was def for the better, though. I can't imagine what it'd be like without Peart on board.

Posted by Hyper

That South Park movie is on one of their recent DVDs I think, unless it's a new one.

edit: different one.

Posted by Shade

Haha, that's one of the greatest song intros I've ever seen.