Is Twilight Princess connected to Ocarina of Time in terms of storyline and events?

Posted by Victorious1

Well, I finally beat Twilight Princess and my was it a great game. Though I believe this game exceeds the classic Ocarina of Time in almost every way, it's still difficult for me to personally make the decision as to which one is better. Ocarina of Time just took my breath away when I first played it in a way where no other game did, not even Twilight Princess.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Do Twilight Princess' storyline events take place before or after Ocarina of Time, or is the game not even connected to Ocarina of Time at all?

2. Which game (Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time) do you honestly think has a better storyline? And which one is overall better?

My only complaint about Twilight Princess is the graphics. Don't get me wrong, they're gorgeous from an artistic perspective. But they don't really push the Gamecube from the technical side. The Gamecube can handle more (picture Resident Evil 4's amazing character models and Metroid Prime 2's gorgeous, sharp textures). But the graphics are nonetheless beautiful artistically, but technically.....well.....that

Posted by Zeta

1. I believe Miyamoto or whoever was in charge said it takes place after OoT, though there aren't very many direct connections.

2. Both of them seem about on par to me, both overall and storywise. But I prefer MM and WW. >_>

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

TP is supposed to take place several decades after the OoT events or something. As for storyline, neither is anything that fantastic. If anything, WW has the better storyline. With MM being better than all three. So, MM > WW > TP > OoT

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The Hero of Time makes a cameo in Twilight Princess, as does the Skull Kid. The Temple of Time's also in there, so there's quite a few throwbacks to Ocarina of Time.

Overall, as everyone's said, Majora's Mask trounces them all. I quite enjoyed Adventures of Link's storyline, too. :cool:

Posted by KH/FFfan

:O when does the Hero of Time make a cameo and TP has the best graphics in a game better than RE4 and TP does take place after OoT and MM but b4 WW

Posted by Ant

Am I cool too if I say I like MM and WW more?

Quoted post: :O when does the Hero of Time make a cameo and TP has the best graphics in a game better than RE4 and TP does take place after OoT and MM but b4 WW

HOW DOES I USE PUNCTUATION. And RE4 looks better than TP. And when you say "best graphics in any gane" I can only think you're blind. And stupid.

Quoted post: Am I cool too if I say I like MM and WW more?

WW was far worse, just had a better storyline. And graphics. That's about it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wind Waker probably could have been the best Zelda game to date, if it hadn't been rushed out to meet the Gamecube drought. :(

Truth. All it needed was more fleshed out islands, more things to explore, and more dungeons. So, you know, they wouldn't have had to add that triforce grind to extend the game length.

Posted by Ant

But Vampire, that's what made the game so great!

OH RIGHT LOL

Posted by KH/FFfan

umm actually vampiro ur wrong TP definently does hav better graphics as 4 MM and WW well WW DID hav a better storyline but definentl not its graphics MM was prettey good but had the same graphics as OoT and why doesnt anyone talk about Four Sword Adventures

What the **** are you even saying? I assume you can read better than you can type. Am I wrong?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

PUNCTUATION, MOTHERFUKKER - DO YOU USE IT?! :mad:

Speak coherently next time and we'll respond.

Posted by Noir

You say the Hero of Time had a cameo-are you referring to the Golden Wolf Man, or that they just mentioned him, or what?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Golden Zombie Wolf Man.

Posted by Noir

Holy...THAT was supposed to be Hero Of Time Link?!
Wow.

Posted by Zeta

There's really no proof. It could be any Link except for the LttP one.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: There's really no proof. It could be any Link except for the LttP one.

TP happens decades after Ocarina.

Ocarina is the first Zelda.

Ergo, none of the other Links exist yet.

Posted by Zeta

There is no timeline.

Even if there was, who knows? There was probably some **** between OoT and TP anyways.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It could be argued that Golden Wolf is the spirit of every Link. Ever. Hence why he's always so badass.

Posted by Noir

I wonder if they will choose to continue this whole 'wolf' theme...

Posted by Zeta

Pink bunny was superior. :(

Posted by maian

Eiji confirmed it was before WW, and after OOT. For the most part, it's been decided that it's more than "just a few decades after" OOT. I'm guessing a century or two. Or three.

Unless the Skeleton Mentor was referring to himself as some random hero, it can be assumed he's the Hero of Time. Which is why he is so badical.