New gen Star Wars game: NOT ON WII LOLOL

Posted by maian

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/764/764562p1.html

"Force Unleashed"

You play as "Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice", who eradicates all the Jedi in between ep. 3 and 4. It's a cool concept, but who knows how good it will actually be. Apparently though, it's on every console except Wii. Yes, PSP, DS, and PS2 included. What's with that? I really want to see a rad Star Wars game for Wii. >_> It wouldn't be a problem, but I don't own any of those consoles, save for DS. Something tells me it'd suck on that.

Opinions? The art looks rad, anyway. =/ Hueg Star Destroyers floating and crashing over Coruscant, Naboo, and even Felucia.

Discuss.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

New Gen?

Posted by maian

Next gen, this gen, whatever. As far as I know, there hasn't really been a next gen Star Wars released yet. But saying next-gen is tacky now because it's not next-gen anymore, it's current-gen. :cookie:

Posted by XxLionheartXx

Next Gen= Lego Star Wars the original trilogy =p

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/764/764506/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070214104124955.jpg[/IMG]

END DISCUSSION

Seriously, though. Why not just let us play as Daddy Darth? I don't think any Star Wars game has ever let us play as Vader in a serious role. The concept art looks pretty, but I'm in two minds over whether or not it'll be good.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It'll suck, and though that concept art is awesome, it's concept art. And that's it. As for it not being on the Wii, ten bucks it will be. That, or you'll see an announcement for a Wii-specific Star Wars shortly after.

Posted by Arcadios

It looks great now but Lucas arts doesn't deliver what they promise with some exceptions like KOTOR.

And even then... what's up kotor 2?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: And even then... what's up kotor 2?

KOTORII was good, if you installed the completion mod on the PC version. Pretty much filled all 674868478945375837838221151113 plot-holes.

On the contrary to what Arc said, LucasArts deliver the goods pretty frequently. Monkey Island, Rogue Squadron, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars, and Empire at War are all pretty solid titles.

Posted by GameMiestro

This still doesn't explain why all the clones suddenly decided to change their uniform at the end of episode III. It looks nice, though.

Quoted post: On the contrary to what Arc said, LucasArts deliver the goods pretty frequently. Monkey Island, Rogue Squadron, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars, and Empire at War are all pretty solid titles.

Keep in mind, LucasArts only actually developed one of those games, Rogue Squadron (and monkey island under lucas films or something.) The rest they just published. So that doesn't mean ****.

Quoted post: This still doesn't explain why all the clones suddenly decided to change their uniform at the end of episode III. It looks nice, though.

Didn't they change uniforms after Order 66? That would kinda explain it. What with them basically being Imperial Stormtroopers now, and not just clone troopers.

Posted by Stalolin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FbhqCnOvs

i disagree

it's going to be fairly awesome

Posted by maian

Are you sure that's the game? ;| It's from July last year.

The stormtroopers simply changed uniforms again. After all, they changed between episodes 2 and 3. In Battlefront 2, it's said that they stopped creating the clone army, and the stormtroopers were then normal people. During that process came the uniform change.

And yeah, it has rad concept art, but it could just be a mediocre title. Nonetheless, I'm sure there will be an amazing Wii specific Star Wars game in time.

I still want Battlefront 3. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting maian: Are you sure that's the game? ;| It's from July last year.

Yep, that was back with it was Star Wars Untitled.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Stalolin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FbhqCnOvs

i disagree

it's going to be fairly awesome

Clearly a minute video of force pushing some of Star war's most exspendable and weakest troops (ewoks took them for a trip for crying out loud.) means that the game will be awesome.

As for the whole wii thing , this means nothing.

Clearly a minute of year-old footage means that the game will be awesome.

Posted by KH/FFfan

Hmm what if this Star Wars game does better than you guys think i mean its gonna probably be online and everything and how can Darth Vader have a secret apprentice unless he dies in this game and yes i want battlefront 3 also*snicker snicker* PS3 only unless Panasonic and LucasArts screws up and makes a 360 version which would be unfair cuz sony never got a KOTOR or KOTOR 2 version

PS (in order of favorites to least favorits) 6,3,5,1,4,2

GO Ep. 6

Posted by maian

...Why wouldn't you want Battlefront III to be for all the consoles? The more people to enjoy it, the better. In my opinion, BF3 for Wii would own more than anything.

Think about it. Wii gun and lightsaber control. And, if they made the space battles better than BF2, it'd be amazing. I think any Star Wars game should see all three consoles.

Posted by Linko_16

The fact that this is coming out for everything but Wii is a pretty good sign that a Wiimote Lightsabre game is probably in the works, in my opinion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[URL="http://www.destructoid.com/now-this-is-next-gen-star-wars-the-force-unleashed-videos-29881.phtml#ext"]Two physics videos.[/URL]

OH LAWD, this is shaping up pretty well. It's probably just fluff that'll be cut when LucasArts try to make 4693948968349 polygon models run on the 360 and PS3, but nonetheless, I came.

I kinda just want the game to be that... like the free roam mode in Psy Ops.

and this sorta reminds me of Fable. MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL

Posted by Ant

Huh, that was really bad[COLOR="Lime"]a[/COLOR]ss. Nice to see that innovative ideas can still be applied to normal gaming.

breaking stuff is innovative? seems more like an evolution of old ideas.

Posted by Ant

IT'S SOMETHING AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS VAMPIRE

Quoted post: IT'S SOMETHING AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS VAMPIRE

I like to count vampires too.

Posted by hypnotize_

I'm excited for this game to release. I'm a long time Star Wars fan and this game is atleast worth a rent for me.

Posted by TendoAddict

Those physics looks cool and will make the game look a lot better. But I hope it actually affects game play a good deal.

I just don't want this to become another rag doll physics. You know, people ohhed and ahhed when they fist saw them. But when you're deep in a game you could care less about what the limbs of the last guy you tossed into the air doing. Most likely you've already forgot about him and moved on to the next meat bag.

This on the other hand looks like it could really make a big change. Though their's always chance they don't take it to its max potential (which I doubt since they seem to be putting a lot of work into it.)

Posted by Random

KOTOR 3 Needs to come out asap :(

Quoted post: I just don't want this to become another rag doll physics. You know, people ohhed and ahhed when they fist saw them. But when you're deep in a game you could care less about what the limbs of the last guy you tossed into the air doing. Most likely you've already forgot about him and moved on to the next meat bag.

I still lol pretty hard when I throw a bunch of C4 down at my feet and launch myself hundreds of feet into the air. Never gets old.

And considering the game is, clearly, about using your force powers I don't see how it wouldn't affect gameplay. Seems like the majority of the time you're going to be flinging guys around, and half of the fun will come from seeing **** break around you in a realistic manner.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

True'd for Vamp. Jedi Academy only had about two different animations for Force-pushing Stormtroopers, and even that was enough to raise some major lulz at times. This should take things to a whole new level.

Posted by Sean Fury

I've been hearing about this game for awhile now, I saw the first actual video for it (the "in-game" footage, whatever it is, the third video) awhile ago and just watched the two physics ones the other day. Extremely badass AI they have in this game, really makes me want to play it.

Posted by Bebop

Cant wait for the DS version :-D :-D :-D

Posted by maian

wtf is the DS version going to be like? :(

I'll buy it if it's good, because I sure don't own a PS2, 360, OR PS3.

Quoted post: wtf is the DS version going to be like?

Terrible. The only good DS games are those that are made with the DS specifically in mind, and not "oh hey, we got this console game coming out and now we need a portable game too."

Posted by Oforia

I think the came has potential, considering, just about every other star wars game (with a few exceptions) have followed the movies exactly. I respect Lucas Arts for trying something new and innovative. Hope it works out and is a kick *** game.

Posted by maian

I take back anything I said before, if I did so. This game is going to be fairly amazing beyond belief.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770534p1.html

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Remember, Euphoria isn't just about physics, it's about both AI and physics. That means that stormtroopers are aware they're alive, and try to save themselves. That's pretty badass if you ask me.

Forza 2 AI > this

Posted by ea sports

hi you are a ha you do not know enhting sorry... i got carry a way am and sam woodward i am going out with a girl called chole

Posted by ea sports

i am a boy my name is sam could you gve me money for drugs

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Forza 2 AI > this

Completely disagree. While the Forza 2 stuff is awesome, this shows a much deeper level of thought and technical ability that's gone into the game.

FORZA AI LEARNS, MAN... it's like... fukken skynet or somethin

But seriously, something that's constantly evolving and learning from what you do and what others do is so much cooler than AI that just wants to live. That's my opinion anyways.

If they leave it open for release, then that'd be pretty rad. Each player's own experience would evolve as the AI evolves with them. That's amazing. But as it is now, it's just a method of developing AI without having to code it, and the end result for the user isn't any different to what it was before. With Euphoria, the engine generates a world that's even more tangible than before, and the Forza AI, or what little we've heard of it, doesn't indicate that at all.

Quoted post: With Euphoria, the engine generates a world that's even more tangible than before

elaborate get?

Anywho, I thought they were leaving it open. If they aren't, then I take back what I said. Though it's still cool.

Bah, post deleted itself. Look at this, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpLWnF3MWA

Posted by maian

Huh? Already seen. But yeah, after watching those two videos recently, I know the gamke will be fairly awesome.