When will you upgrade to vista?

Posted by alscott333

Read da title. I probly wont for like 3 or 4 years.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm getting a new computer either by the end of the month or early next month... so probably then. Not necessarily because I want to, but because I don't want to do it later.

Posted by GameMiestro

Never. I'll stick with Mac OS X...

Posted by alscott333

Mac OS X RULES! :D but I have to have windows. Its what I work with.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I won't be upgrading on this machine. Perhaps in the future, when I buy a new computer.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Never. I'll stick with Mac OS X...

Mac OS X RULES!

Posted by mis0

Vista is made for idiots. It seems incredibly overprotective and still as lousy as XP in general. I will not upgrade, and will avoid it in the future if possible.

Posted by KoH

I already have. :)

Lots of bugs but I'm very aesthetically based.

Posted by muffla

never period.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting KoH: Lots of bugs.

Now, tell us something that's NEW about Microsoft programs!! :D:D:D:D

Atleast Macintosh doesn't come along with a lot of bgs!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Skitzo Control

For as long as I possibly can, I won't.

Posted by Omni

I don't really care enough to upgrade, and it seems to be having a lot of problems. Probably only when software compatibility forces me to do it.

Posted by Trigger

I already have Windows Vista, and have yet to have any problems. I've even found Windows Vista handle some things better than Windows XP did previously.

Posted by Draxamus

I'm content to use Windows 2000 Professional for the next ten years.

Posted by Xero

I'm planning on buying myself a new computer soon. I'll get vista for it. In about a monthy or two.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Xero: In about a monthy or two.

Let me correct you: In about a month or two. :D

Posted by protomanv4

I'm getting a new comp with vesta this summer, cuz the ine im using now is ... almost 8 years old

Posted by ExoXile

Probably not for another year or so.
At least that'll give them some time to improve stuff people don't like.

Hey, everybody winz. :D

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Trigger: I already have Windows Vista, and have yet to have any problems. I've even found Windows Vista handle some things better than Windows XP did previously.

Same here, except I only used it for a few days when I stayed at a friends house, but I tried downloading it, and it doesnt run on my sh!tty Dell, so when I round up the dough for a new computer, I'll be sure to get Vista, cause I like it.

Posted by higbvuyb

Mac OS X?

Seriously, what sort of horrible OS results in Apple making ads saying "We can make Photo Albums, so our OS is fun". What do you do when you want to have fun? Right. Games. Which OS do game developers not write games for, 99% of the time? Mac OS X. Unless you like to make home videos, make photo albums, and do graphic design, Macs are useless. Especially MacBook Pros, which cost twice as much as they should.

I'm getting it 'for free' because I bought a computer recently, which entitles me to recieve a copy of Vista for free, in return for MS disabling my copy of XP.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Computer games suck.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=higbvuyb]Mac OS X?

Seriously, what sort of horrible OS results in Apple making ads saying "We can make Photo Albums, so our OS is fun". What do you do when you want to have fun? Right. Games. Which OS do game developers not write games for, 99% of the time? Mac OS X. Unless you like to make home videos, make photo albums, and do graphic design, Macs are useless. Especially MacBook Pros, which cost twice as much as they should.
Oh, shut your pie hole, Microsoft. You wouldn't know functionality if it bit you on the donkey and wrote you a personal letter divulging its life story to you.

That, and you're usually wrong when it has anything to do with computers or IT anyway, so who cares what you have to say, I guess.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Trigger: Oh, shut your pie hole, Microsoft. You wouldn't know functionality if it bit you on the donkey and wrote you a personal letter divulging its life story to you.

That, and you're usually wrong when it has anything to do with computers or IT anyway, so who cares what you have to say, I guess.

argh > argument?

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Never. Unless they come out with Vista Linux.
Wait even then no. Not even if they paid me.

Posted by KoH

Protip: If you're gonna upgrade, upgrade to 64 bit. It has the same compatibility as 32 and it's increased my computer performance dramatically. I never crash now and can play all my graphically intense games with the same performance as XP even with Aero on.

Posted by Trigger

Protip: Requires 64-bit compatible hardware, and unless the software you're running is a 64-bit application, the system utilises 32-bit processing anyway. A waste, for a good part of the time, until more 64-bit applications are created for "general public use." I was the one who got you onto 64-bit, wasn't I, KoH?

Posted by Echo

I'll probably put it on my laptop sometime soon. I can get a free copy from my university since I'm in the Computer Science program, so I figure I might as well get it and fool around with it some. I can't really say when/if I will completely upgrade to Vista, since I have not really used it much yet.

Posted by Crazy K

I hope to be getting a computer near graduation next year, but I'm still not sure if I want vista or not. If they fix up the bugs by next year then I won't have a problem with it.

Posted by inequity

I have both windows XP and VIsta on my computer. I like XP better, though, it runs faster.

The voice recognition on Vista is pretty cool, even if it is easier to just type yourself.

Posted by Oforia

I've used Windows Vista before and I like it. Mac OSX on the other hand is a pain in the ***. That is just because I have been accustomed to windows so long. I also under the impression that the Mac operating systems are designed for people who only use a computer for basic functions. (Writings reports, graphic design, interent, etc.)

Posted by The underground

When i get mylaptop in may cause I can't find a **** one that dosent hve xp pro that is new which in my opion i think is much etter so perfect and vista has so man bugs in it.

Posted by Proto Man

I myself will probably stay with XP until it becomes inconvenient for me to use it anymore. I have upgraded my Dad's computer to Vista, and I find XP to be better ATM.

Posted by Slade

Quoting higbvuyb: Unless you like to make home videos, make photo albums, and do graphic design, Macs are useless.

I think the best things Macs can be used for is audio production.

I'm not going to get vista until my current PC gets completely fried.