My FPS idea (with fake screenshots)

Posted by Drewboy64

I wrote this a while back, but since they had the FPS thing for the Tuesday topic, I'll post it.

Basic Controls
Up: Switch Tertiary Item
Down: Action
Left: Switch Weapon
Right: Switch Grenade
A: Jump
B: Use Weapon
+: Pause
-: Tertiary Weapon/Item
1: Activate attachment
2: Switch weapon mode

Analogue: Walk, Strafe,
Z: Prime Grenade, Fire Secondary Weapon
C: Crouch/Prone

Nunchuk Down: Reload

Remote Forward: Melee
Remote Tilt: 45 degrees to tilt from cover, 90 degrees to turn and shoot from cover
Remote Pull Back: Zoom/sights
Z+ Nunchuk Movement: Lob, roll or drop grenade.
Tilt Nunchuk Left: (Plus pull back) secondary zoom
Tilt Nunchuk Right and Shake: Give command (move here, target him)
Detailed Controls
The Action function lets you dual wield, open doors, get in vehicles, etc. The switch weapon button switches your weapons, but when held, it can replace your current weapon with another. The same thing goes with the grenade and tertiary switch button.

When dual-wielding, do the zoom motion to have your left gun

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

tl;dr

Nice drawings though.

Posted by TendoAddict

Not bad, yet the leanring curve would be big. Plus I could see some one making one false move and having the screen spaz out because there is hardly any unused movements.

It would have to be fail safed a lot to say the least.

Posted by hypnotize_

I think if this was the actual game controls of a game then people woule be very frustrated when they tilt the controller too far and come out from the corner when they try to just peak around it.

Not bad though.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Judging by the drawings it looks like the story is the Robots from Battlestar Galactica joined forces with the Arabic terrorists in middle east.:D j/k Or maybe... OH MY GOSH! The insurgents must have... MADE the BS Robots to use against the free world! Which would logically lead to the game progressing to the point where the BS Bots become self sufficient and betray their makers setting in motion a plot kill all of man kind! Man kinds responce would naturally be to launch nuclear missiles to scorch the sky but the robots would than harvest us to use as batteries, but a man called Reece is sent back in time to kill Schwartzeneger before a stray ICBM lands on a unsuspecting Sarah Conner! WOW! ... what a twist...:D

Anywho, seriously now. The control concept does have its sketchy points but for a rough concept its pretty freaking good, and your concept art board is splended. I'll just assume you have a plot for the game so I'm just throwing this out there for the off chance: if you havn't come up with a plot yet make one (or if plots arn't your thing have someone you know to make one up) and than derive the environmental concept from the plot OR the make the plot work from your environmental concept. Either methiod is fine as long you put effort into both, but I find that starting with a story plot helps to make it mold together better as a complete game, the plot gives you emmotion, emmotion triggers responce: what would that responce be? And what would be required to best allow the player to act on that responce? so on so forth.

But again, Good work:D

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah I think it wouldn't be as complicated if the actual game was being played.

Well yeah, even a well made video game doen't always magically click (unless it was taken largely from the concepts or feels of another game AKA: Halo's controls and Serious Sams) But people always muddle through until they master the controls than it gets serious.

Posted by muffla

drewboy how old are you if you mind me asking

anyways good ideas i think the best part abou tan fps on the wii is being able to point two guns seperatly

Posted by Creedence

Cool, but instead of arabs it need to be Asian Communists, not Russian, Asian, because there more fun to kill. In all other ways it would be awesome. Also it looks like it would be capable of Kick-A Wii free online. Oh, put in Co-op mode and futuristic Armor peircing sniper rifles with life form censors. That way you could shoot a dude right through his own tank. He'l never see it coming. Oh and when you have your back to cover, make it third person, like on Rainbow Six Vegas

Posted by Drewboy64

^I'm Asian... But don't worry, I'm anticommunist.

So you want a Farsight? And I think i'd like to have it stay in first person so it would seem more immersive. But that's just me.

By the way I'm fifteen, sixteen in June.

Posted by Sharpie

I think the best part of the Wii is that a new controller/add-on could be made specifically tailored to use motion sensing in FPS. And I'm sure Nintendo will take advantage of that in the future, personally I see a little bit of greatness in what you're tlaking about, but in the end I think there'd need to be some options for tweaking sensitivity or else the default settings might make you crazy.

Posted by Drewboy64

^Well yeah, there'd of course be plenty of options. That's the problem with games like Red Steel, they dont have enough controller options.

And I think I speak for everyone here when I say: make sure that when you fail your mission or kill a mission critical character or civilian, allow the player to vent their frustation and rampage through the level like in Goldeneye / Perfect Dark and not just say "you killed him ya idiot" and kick you out like most other games.:D