Anybody own a gameboy printer?

Posted by alscott333

I heard about em. Never got to see one. Anybody own it?

Posted by Zeta

I used to have one. Lost it though. :(

Posted by alscott333

What was it? lol

Posted by Zeta

Basically it let you print things from certain games, like your Pokemon stats in Red/Blue, the photos in Link's Awakening DX, etc.

Posted by alscott333

Awsome! How about a gameboy Camera? :)

Posted by Zeta

Never had one of those. Can't tell you about 'em. :cookie:

Posted by alscott333

They look cool...kinda

Posted by mis0

No, they suck. Well, I guess they were cool for the 1990's, but man. The camera was black and white, and had a terrible resolution output. The output was sorta dot matrix which exaggerated the fact.

The printer could be used to print photos that could be made into photos. Photos printed out about the size of stamps. You could also print stats from various games, or "awards" once you beat certain parts of games.

I still have both the printer and the camera. :cool:

Posted by GameMiestro

I have a camera and a Gameboy Printer. They both still work, too. The printer/camera was the coolest Nintendo accessory since, well, the Gameboy. I can still impress people by printing out a sticker with their picture on it.

The sticker paper was a very smart idea on Nintendo's part...

Posted by alscott333

So the camera just took pictures and printed them?

Posted by GameMiestro

And letted you edit them, animate a series of pictures, put them in some minigames, and put them in a slideshow.

Posted by alscott333

Wow they had stuff like that back then? Wish I knew about em :(

Posted by mis0

If you've ever seen a b&w picture printed on a receipt from a store, you've probably seen about the equivalent of GB Camera/Printer technology. I remember it was a fun thing for my friends and I to use at school.

Posted by Bebop

I had both and it was awesome.

And Misoxeny I dont mean to spoil anything for you but all technolgy is crap in retrospect. Lol steam powered trains? Thats dumb! electrity ftw ollol etc

Posted by Proto Man

In one of my Nintendo Power issues, I read about a band that GB camera's as synthesizers, it's pretty cool.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I had Mew's Pokedex entry stuck on the back of my GameBoy for ages, it was awesome.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Oh lawd, are we talking about Game Boy Camera/Printer in this thread? I should bust mine out some day and see if they still work. The printer was great, it took SIX AA batteries to work. You could get slightly colored paper and **** for it, too. I doubt that you could find it anywhere anymore, though.[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

Let me know when you do that, I want to see it.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=Linko_16;778975][COLOR=indigo]Let me know when you do that, I want to see it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]
I'll bring it over Friday when we will doubtlessly hang out.
[/COLOR]