Jack Tretton in EGM

Posted by Echo

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/10/sonys-jack-tretton-and-the-1200-quote/

Wow. Just wow. What an idiot. I wonder how many people are going to actually try to take him up on this.

Posted by Fate

Bahaha, yeah, that was a really dumb thing to say. I don't think he has to follow up on it, though.

Posted by KoH

Posted by TendoAddict

Maybe he was day dreaming and was dreaming that the Ps3 sold like a Wii. It must of been the reason because no one could possibly be this **** stupid.

Posted by Zeta

I found one, but it had only been on the shelves for four minutes. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah, I read that article. The interview was fantastic, worth the price of the magazine. That particular comment was a little idiotic... especially after EGM insisted that they saw several dozen unsold PS3's in stores they visited...

Another great Tretton quote: "The PS3 is going to be the most popular console by the end of the year."

:D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Alternate dimension confirmed. Everything makes sense now.

Posted by s0ul

Heh, the night I read about this I saw somewhere around 9 PS3s in stores, including in a tiny ****ty store that is half TCG store. LOL OWNED

Posted by Unite

The reason we're showing January images is becase an editor's note on the EGM piece says the interview took place in early Jan. 2007. Seriously though, even the EGM guys in the same interview say, "But we called 18 random retailers, including Best Buy and EB Games, and half of them had PS3s in stock ... some had as many as 20 in the store." Come on kids, everyone in the pool, Uncle Jack is giving out free money.

I call bull**** 9 retailers having ps3 in stock , what state did they make these phone calls in?

Posted by Klarth

Maybe your cherished PS3 isn't actually doing as well as you'd previously assumed.

Just throwing that one out there. Maybe you ought to consider it for a while.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Unite:
I call bull**** 9 retailers having ps3 in stock , what state did they make these phone calls in?

Why? What would you say about what state they were in? If it was in a certain state does it not count or something?

Posted by Unite

Quoting Klarth: Maybe your cherished PS3 isn't actually doing as well as you'd previously assumed.

Just throwing that one out there. Maybe you ought to consider it for a while.

Actually where i live there all sold out same with the wii. Not a problem for me since I have all 3 systems already.

Bought a psp on the weekend too

guess there are a few states where people live pratically in trailer parks so i guess it's not much of a surpries.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yes, if it wasn't for those blasted trailer parks, PS3's would be selling like hotcakes.

Posted by Unite

Quoting GameMiestro: Yes, if it wasn't for those blasted trailer parks, PS3's would be selling like hotcakes.

There selling nicely where i live , so I find it impossible that a store would have like 20 of them. So i wondering where was egm phoning?

Posted by boomstick

I've only seen one of shelves for the past couple of months, I've heard of a few retailers with them, but since I have not the money to buy one I'm not too bothered about it.

Posted by Axis

It took us a month to sell 10.

Posted by avalanch

I saw 5 the other day in a superwalmart & 12 in a single pawnshop.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Unite: guess there are a few states where people live pratically in trailer parks so i guess it's not much of a surpries.

I live in upper-middle class neighborhood in my school, where most kids can get any cutting-edge gadget they want because their parents have money coming out their ears, and PS3's selling like @#$% here. My parents said that while looking for a Wii for me prior to Christmas, but instead of finding Wii at any stores, they said there were stacks of unsold PS3's. I thought she'd made a mistake at first and meant 360's, but no, she knew what she was talking about.

Posted by Klarth

My local independently-run import shop is flogging three US 60GB units for

Posted by Big Boss

I live in Orlando, and PS3s started becoming easily available in mid-to-late January.

I read the interview today. There wasn't anything surprising about it. If a company sends a guy to answer tough questions from a magazine regarding the company he works for and its product, he'll B.S. his way through any answer that requires input that may make the company look bad... unless he's David Jaffe.