It looks like the PS3 is following the footsteps of Sega Dreamcast people.......

Posted by Victorious1

Every single human gamer on this planet was so excited for the Playstation3 before it was released; you gotta admit that. Even though many became discouraged after knowing its price, still the console was sure to be a big bang on the gaming industry, just like the PS2 was.

So the system was released with tens of bugs, the correct $600 price tag, and some pathetic launch titles. The only good game on it is Resistance, and even that game couldn't exceed 360's Gears of War. It has problems with backwards compatibility and so. AND its sales are so horrible, EVEN in Japan, that it makes you wonder why the heck you would release it in the first place.

To make this short: if Sony doesn't take good care of its console and release some good titles, the system will be doomed and die an early death, just like what had happened to the good old Dreamcast....

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

IT'S A FACT:

All consoles henceforth will be compared to the Dreamcast.

Having hardware issues at launch is unheard of and guaranteed to cause the system to fail.

All consoles having amazing launch line-ups.

There's no such thing as post-launch drought.

The 360 was never compared to the Dreamcast, did not have hardware issues, and did not have a ****ty launch that included lame titles and a massive drought following it's release. It has also not sold 10,000,000 units in just over a year.

It's over. Sony's finished.

Posted by Fate

360s sell in Japan just fine. Microsoft AND Sony are finished. *oscar*

Posted by Big Boss

I don't know if anyone else has said this yet, but Sony is finished.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It was kind of weird how the two of the biggest Playstation fans on the site jumped to a sarcastic defence of the PS3 within 50 minutes of each other.

Hey guys, the Wii is finished. :(

Posted by S

Dreamcast is my black Jesus. Don't diss on the Dreamcast, man.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Victorious1: Every single human gamer on this planet was so excited for the Playstation3 before it was released

Not true. My grandfather has never even heard of the Playstation 3.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting The X: It was kind of weird how the two of the biggest Playstation fans on the site jumped to a sarcastic defence of the PS3 within 50 minutes of each other.

Hey guys, the Wii is finished. :(

BUT METYLAL GAER SOLUDD!! DON'T BE SO BLIND~!@

Posted by Jesse Smith

So da PS3 could be compaired to da Virtual Boy??!!! :D:D:D Sweet!!! :D:D:D

Death to da Playstation 3!!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Every single human gamer on this planet was so excited for the Playstation3 before it was released

... far from it.

Posted by Legacy

Of course sony is done duh....what are they going to make a ps4??? yayyyyyyyy no jk... buddy sony should of never started in the first place there a electronnic company not a gaming company and that just proves that they are money grubbers

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The backwards compatibilty was fixed a while ago. I can see where you're coming from with this (although how you can view $600 as 'correct' is anyone's guess), as both were insanely powerful, both companies had a decent past and a seemingly dull future with a lack of games, but that's pretty much where the similarity ends.

People forget so quickly that the GameCube could easily have been the 'next Dreamcast' if Nintendo hadn't pulled the Wii out of the blue. And the important thing to remember is that Sony, Microsoft Nintendo and Sega are all different companies, with different assets, backers, and franchises, and each has a fundamentally different ethos. Sony isn't Sega, and they're not going to make the same decisions/mistakes.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting The X: It was kind of weird how the two of the biggest Playstation fans on the site jumped to a sarcastic defence of the PS3 within 50 minutes of each other.

Yeah, we time it and everything! We don't want our Sony-loving posts to take over what little Nintendo support there is on these boards.

Balance is key!

Posted by Zeta

Little support? I thought VGC was 100% anti-Nintendo...

Posted by Fate

Are you being for serious?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Victorious1;534940]Every single human gamer on this planet was so excited for the Playstation3 before it was released; you gotta admit that. Even though many became discouraged after knowing its price, still the console was sure to be a big bang on the gaming industry, just like the PS2 was.

So the system was released with tens of bugs, the correct $600 price tag, and some pathetic launch titles. The only good game on it is Resistance, and even that game couldn't exceed 360's Gears of War. It has problems with backwards compatibility and so. AND its sales are so horrible, EVEN in Japan, that it makes you wonder why the heck you would release it in the first place.

To make this short: if Sony doesn't take good care of its console and release some good titles, the system will be doomed and die an early death, just like what had happened to the good old Dreamcast....

But, according to Jack Trenton, "the PlayStation 3 was the most successful launch we've ever had"!

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Zeta: Little support? I thought VGC was 100% anti-Nintendo...

Quoting Fate: Are you being for serious?

Of course he is, because its true.

I really do hate Nintendo, I just put Tendo in my Name to remind myself how much I hate nintendo every time.

To be serious I don't think any one here even hates nintendo (anyone worth while any ways), hell I don't think I've met a gamer who dislikes nintendo. (though I might been just lucky and dodged those idiot's.)

edit: post 700 yay

Posted by Zeta

I've seen some anti-Nintendo guys, but they're the typical "lol playing games with blood and gore makes you cool and mature and games without them make you a little kid" Riffraff that anyone with half a brain cell knows to ignore.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Victorious1;534940]Every single human gamer on this planet was so excited for the Playstation3 before it was released; you gotta admit that. Even though many became discouraged after knowing its price, still the console was sure to be a big bang on the gaming industry, just like the PS2 was.I wasn't excited about the PS3. I'm rather proud to say I wasn't excited about any of the new generation hardware. Yes, the PS3 has made a big bang on the gaming industry, but in the exact opposite fashion the PS2 did: the PS2 was heralded, the PS3 is spoken of with disdain.
[quote=Victorious1;534940]So the system was released with tens of bugs, the correct $600 price tag, and some pathetic launch titles. The only good game on it is Resistance, and even that game couldn't exceed 360's Gears of War. It has problems with backwards compatibility and so. AND its sales are so horrible, EVEN in Japan, that it makes you wonder why the heck you would release it in the first place.Every (non-Nintendo) system has a dozen or so bugs when it's first released, and almost every system has pathetic launch titles. Deal with it. As for the price tag? It's expensive, it seems overpriced, but then (on the off-chance that Blu Ray takes off) when you compare it to a regular Blu Ray player, it's not that bad at all. Gears of War was not a launch title. The 360 was out for a year longer, there's one easy reason why it has more/better games. Considering Sony's past in Japan, you can't think they expected to do so poorly in sales. Most people just bought it because it was the new Sony system.
[quote=Victorious1;534940]To make this short: if Sony doesn't take good care of its console and release some good titles, the system will be doomed and die an early death, just like what had happened to the good old Dreamcast....
That's dumb advice. That's like telling a small-business owner, "Start doing better in sales, or you're going to go under." NO SHIT!