Disney sequals suck

Posted by gamecorner

So far, about every disney sequal has been crappy. Like cinderella 2, pocahontas 2, lion king 2, mulan 2, jungle book 2, peter pan 2, and a bunch of others. This is how they ruine classics

Posted by Dandelion

They really have...Disney just shouldn't make sequals..the first are always awesome anyway.

Posted by maian

Seeing how the Lion King is the best animated film ever created, I deny the existance of the Lion King 2. It was never made. Yeah, Disney sucks at sequals. The only good one is Toy Story 2. And, uh, that doesn't really count because it was basically made by Pixar.

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, but face it... that's the problem with a huge chunk of movie sequels. There are cases when the first is great and the sequel sucks, the rare instances where both the movies are great, and then you have the times where both movies suck and aren't worth watching.

That's the way the film rolls...

Posted by Dandelion

Oh, Toy Story 2 is good though...forgot about that one.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I didn't even know they made Mulan 2. What was THAT about?

Oh, and how many Air Bud movies can they make?

Posted by Bubblez

It's all about money. Most (or even all?) of those sequels never even made it in the cinema and are just available on DVD. It's merchandise and nothing more.

Posted by booyah719

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Oh, and how many Air Bud movies can they make?

The newest one:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/booyah719/Me%20N%20Stuff/air_budpimpin.jpg[/IMG]
Keepin it real dawg

Posted by Corrupt

Haha. You should have put a cane in his mouth, or something... other than that, good job.

And, I know... there's an Air Bud movie for practically every popular sport now. I'd know this because I watch Whose Line on ABC Family [it's the only good show on the entire channel], and there's always some kind of lame movie on before my show comes on. I swear I've seen the end of at least three different Air Bud movies, excluding the original. Oh, and when I was little I used to watch "The Land Before Time" series... I think I stopped watching them when I reached the fifth one, around when I was 10 or so... I thought they had discontinued the series, but it turns out that they made like seven more of them. Geez...

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR=Magenta]*movie has many postcard scenes.[/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan]SHREK 2[/COLOR][SIZE=4]SHREK 2[/SIZE]

Posted by Crazy K

Well Yeah all disney sequals suck. My favorite Cartoon movie was Lion King. I Saw the Lion King 2 and I hated it badly. I really dont watch movies like that, unless when my neice is over then I dont mind. I enjoy watching Cartoon movies, it brings back the good ol times of watching all of these cool cartoon movies.

I can trully say all Air bud films sucked. The first one was ok, but the rest were like "what the **** is this ****".

I only saw Air bud 2 after seing Air Bud and then I never saw any other (I never saw the one with the Monkey either)

But yeah they can make some crappy sequals.

Is Shrek even a disney movie anyways? I dont think so.

Posted by Arczu

Uh... no! Disney did NOT make Shrek 2, Dreamworks did. That doesn't count, even though that movie was a success.

I do find that the sequel to Diney's movies aren't up to buff in terms of what we have seen out there. It's pretty depressing to say the least.

Posted by Dexter

I thought The Rescuers Down Under was better than The Rescuers. I also liked the theme on The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea. Wanting to be a mermaid in the sea is so much easier to relate to than wanting to be a human on the land. Who would want to leave Sebastian?

"Just look at her! On legs! On human legs!" *Shudders*

"A banded, bulbous snarfblatt!"

Posted by Dandelion

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: I didn't even know they made Mulan 2. What was THAT about?

They just made the second Mulan one. Looks like crap to me.

Posted by Poco

Adressing the Air Bud thing. The original is great, I have it, I also got the football one, and everything else is crap.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, most of there sequals do suck major ***. Toy Story 2 was the only good one I remember watching.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I actually didn't mind Simba's Pride. It wasn't terribly bad. But yes, Disney really shouldn't be allowed to make sequels.

The first Air Bud was pretty good, from what I remember. All of the rest are terrible. The same goes for The Land Before Time Series. I like the first one, but the rest are absolutely horrid. There should be a lyrical song limit in some movies.

I didn't know that there was a Mulan 2 out. I probably won't see it.

And Toy Story 2 is grand.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

the worst sequals were the three ninja sequels

Posted by gamecorner

i didnt know the rescuers down under was a sequal to the rescuers

Posted by Fate

Mulan 2 makes me sad. Mulan is my favorite Disney movie. :(

Posted by inequity

The disney sequals are really sold to the brainwashed disney fans that will buy anything with a micky mouse logo on the cover. Its just an easy way for them to get money. Millions of people loved the first ones, so millions of people will buy the sequals. No matter how crappy.

Posted by Master Chief 12

What really sucks are all of the Disney Channel Original Movies i.e. Tiger Cruise, those movies always sucks. Someone needs to take a shotgun to the heads of all the crappy Disney sequel producers.

Posted by Saruman

Aladin is one of my fav Disny movies, and when they came out with a sequal I knew they were going to blow it.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting MackSlovack: The disney sequals are really sold to the brainwashed disney fans that will buy anything with a micky mouse logo on the cover. Its just an easy way for them to get money. Millions of people loved the first ones, so millions of people will buy the sequals. No matter how crappy.

kinda like a rockstar situation realy, millions of people love the gta series, and as such will buy anything made by rockstar because they feel it will be as good as they think gta is

i generally feel that disney sequals suck, allthough fantasia 2000 was pretty swish, the straight to dvd/video ones are just pap though

Posted by Mystic Hero

Funny, I was just having this disscussion the other day wiht a few friends. I really agree with this one. there are just some movies that just don't diserve a sequal. I think it ruins how people like the original or just ruins that movie completely. I didn't mind Aladan 2. That was an ok movie. Thre third could have done without. Lion King 2 wasn't that bad either, but there are some like those mentioned in previous posts that just don't need a second movie. This also goes with all other movies. it's like if the y made Pinnocio 2, no one would watch it because there really isn't a good lesson to be learned form that one. it would just be about a normal kid doing normal things. Air Bud should have stopped after the first or second one, now I hate the whole series. Land Before Time needs to stop making more movies too. The commercials get me annoyed now wiht all of these new ones. You'd thin they would stop after about ten movies in the series but it just keeps going. My cousin hates the whole series, he started to hate it when he was 7 and he's younger than me. He's about 12 now and can't stand it. Usually the disney sequals have no good story line to make it a good part two. It's just something plain and boring. These movies should just be left alone. One is enough in most cases with Disney movies.