Current Wii Game

Posted by Dexter

I just finished Far Cry: Vengeance. I rushed as fast as I could through the final 3 islands, desiring to move on to my next game. The game was terrible. I got glitched into so many trees and had to restart back to my last saved point, which was never too far back, but getting stuck is still annoying and it should never happen so many times. I don't suggest this game unless you're really into FPS, and even then you'd have to have a bunch of patience and dedication or else you'll never finish this adventure.

Now I started Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. I already finished the story mode last night and I'll attempt to open up all the mini-games over the weekend. The game was incredibly short-lives but still lots of fun. I did it all in one sitting. I'm not sure this game will have good replay value or not. With a little more exposure I'll know.

I'm thinking the next game I'll go through will be Call of Duty 3. I'm interesting is going through the actual campaign mode. I play the game online often on the 360 but I've not done the single player mode. I'm curious if it's the best FPS game on the Wii. It would be kinda sad if it were, since it's obviously superior on the 360.

Posted by Colonel

I currently have 8 Wii games. I first started and beat Zelda Twilgiht Princess, then Wii Sports ( If that really counts), then after that I beat Rayman, then Red Steel, and more resently I beat Wario Ware.

I still need to beat Elebits, Excite Truck, and DBZ: BT2

So far my favourite game was Zelda. I'm also really like DBZ: BT2 because it follows the storyline of the show. Wario Ware is a good multiplayer, but the single player only lasts a few hours. Excite Truck is a horrible racing game....but an AMAZING flying game!! I Love Excite Truck. I found Red Steel and Rayman OK, but i'm a little iffy about Elebits still.

PS: Hey Dexter! Freakin' add my Wii Consol!!!

Posted by hypnotize_

Quoting Dexter:
I'm thinking the next game I'll go through will be Call of Duty 3. I'm interesting is going through the actual campaign mode. I play the game online often on the 360 but I've not done the single player mode. I'm curious if it's the best FPS game on the Wii. It would be kinda sad if it were, since it's obviously superior on the 360.

I played Call of Duty 3 for the Wii at a friends house and I truly hated it. I liked the atmosphere that it created, like all Call of Duty games have in the past, but playing it on the Wii was really annoying for me.

Posted by Dexter

I defeated the entire game last night. Took me 7 hours and I enjoyed the entire adventure. The controls were easy and funner than they were on the 360. It could never be a better game than the 360 version because of no online and multiplayer play. Still, best FPS on the Wii so far.

Next I'll go through Trauma Center. I hear you have to be painstakingly accurate using the Wiimote. Should be difficult.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

i feel sorry for whoever has red steel, its soo bad i wouldnt eat it if it was the last thing on earth, im ceral

Posted by Axis

I'm taking my time going through Zelda. To be honest I haven't played the Wii that much. That should change when Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario come out, though.

Posted by Dexter

I defeated Trauma Center. I liked it. Good storyline that made it easy to progress through the entire game. I was always looking forward to what was going to happen next. Some of the stages were quite intense, especially once you get into the Extreme X-Stages. Every one of those offers a severe challenge that takes some powerful concentration and dexterous Wiimote abilities. Accuracy and speed is key. My biggest complaint with this game was the lack of voice acting. It had it, just not enough. During the operations, I would've liked to listen to my gorgeous assistant, Angie Thompson, instead of having to read what she was saying, forcing me to take my eyes off my meticulous surgical procedure.

Odd how much more I got into this one than I did with Trauma Center for the DS. I suppose, like Fate, I still have many problems getting into pawheld systems. I've been trying, but they don't seem to captivate me like televised systems do.

Elebits is my next adventure!

Posted by Cruxis

What the hell!? I have been trying to get my hands on a Wii for the last 3 months. I even Bought a Playstation 3 to Bid my time until I could Get a Wii and Play my Preordered copy of Zelda:Twilight Princess.

I have called Walmart, Big-K, C-City, Toy's-R-US, EB Games and Target every day now since around late November. Everytime one of those **** stores get's some in, I learn it was only Two - Four and that they sold out in under ten minutes earlier that morning (AM hours!). I'm so Stoked from the wait, I am almost willing to pay the extra $60(+ Shipping) and buy one on ebay.... ....almost.

Posted by Dexter

Wait just a bit longer. It should be around very soon. I still haven't seen one in stores, but it was around this time last year that the 360 started to become easy to find, maybes. Actually, it might've been April.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Cruxis: What the hell!? I have been trying to get my hands on a Wii for the last 3 months. I even Bought a Playstation 3 to Bid my time until I could Get a Wii and Play my Preordered copy of Zelda:Twilight Princess.

I have called Walmart, Big-K, C-City, Toy's-R-US, EB Games and Target every day now since around late November. Everytime one of those **** stores get's some in, I learn it was only Two - Four and that they sold out in under ten minutes earlier that morning (AM hours!). I'm so Stoked from the wait, I am almost willing to pay the extra $60(+ Shipping) and buy one on ebay.... ....almost.

You were willing to spend 600 dollars to kill time til you could get a Wii but you're hesitant to spend 60 more dollars to actually get the Wii?

Posted by Jaems

Call of Duty 3's Wii controls were pretty well-done.
All it takes is some getting used to. Once playing the game for a few hours, I found it the best way to play FPS on console, since I'm more of a PC FPS person, and I could never get used to the double-analog control we've had going all this time. It's just a shame the graphics were Xbox-ish, and no multiplayer.

Then I beat Zelda.
Wii's been kinda disappointing to me so far. All we're getting are lame ports, and unoriginal gimmicky controlled games.

Posted by Vbty

If anyone's tried Splinter Cell: Double agent please, please let me know if it's a buy, rent, or neither. I own Rayman: Raving Rabbids, LOZ:TP, and Wii Sports. Beaten all of those games and I'm trying to decide which next wii game I should get. Really I'm waiting for Super Mario: Galaxy or Prince of Pesia: Rival Swords.

Posted by Dexter

I beat it for the 360. It's not that great. Don't buy.

Posted by Dexter

I beat Elebits. Too easy. I rarely lost and when I did it was out of extreme carelessness. Stage 27 was the only true challenging stage, but it wasn't the fun type of challenge. The game doesn't change enough as you progress and it just seems too repetitive once you get about halfway through it. The story lacks interest so the only motivation I could find to finish the game was so I would feel better about moving on to the next one. Music was disappointing, frantic dodging of tank shots was annoying, and levels/environments were trite. If the levels were as artful as the children's literature story segments, then there'd be something extra to appreciate. And this is seriously a game for kids who don't play many games. Any active or older gamer will find themselves bored by the time they get outside Kai's house, if not sooner. Decent idea, bad delivery.

There's a level editor, but it's nothing too special. Even if this game were to be online, I doubt I'd care about participating in sharing levels, unless making radical domino or maze levels. I'd probably be able to create a better domino setup than I did with Oblivion, which was most excellent and Youtube-worthy.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is next!

Posted by Dexter

Finished Excite Truck. Fairly rewarding game. The challenge was nice and it was actually worth the energy. The final diamond track was a pleasant change. The game's music was awful, but saved by the fact that you could listen to music from your SD card. Sadly all I had on there was the A Little Snow Fairy Sugar soundtrack, but that's actually a good soundtrack. Not so much for racing, but still. I think the SD music method should be incorporated into more games. Far too often do I turn the music off and listen to my own music anyway, except in games where the music helps strengthen the games theme or aura. In racing/sports games, however, SD music is the way to go. This was actually the best racing game I've played for a few years, but I don't play many. I should get that steering wheel.

Next game's SSX Blur.

Posted by Xero

I'm mostly into Zelda Twilight Princess right now. I'm probably at 60% of the game. Once this game is behind me, I'll get back at Wii sports until Marip party 8 comes out.

Posted by Dexter

What about Super Paper Mario which comes out in under a month? :(

I still have not gotten all the Poe souls. :(

Posted by Xero

Super Paper mario? Meh...I never wanted to play the one for GC. Doesn't look as fun as Mario Party 8.

I got 13 poe's soul and I know where I can 2 others. You need 20 in total. I still don't know what the price will be for saving that guy...hmm.
I only found 1 bug. What happens if you find all the bugs?

Posted by Dexter

I found all the bugs. Bigger wallets.

There's more than 20 Poe souls. You only need 20 for the first reward, then you have to find more. I thik I have a little over 30. I'll go Poe hunting in the future.

Paper Mario for the GC is a great game. Not the best RPG for the Cube, but certainly worth it, especially if you enjoyed Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64.

Posted by Xero

I didn't try it. The only RPG mario game I liked on the N64 was Super mario 64. The other's I didn't bother trying. I stayed with SSB, mario kart and mario party.

More than 20 poes? Aw :( I thought I was almost done with that quest...

Bigger wallet? Meh. I can buy what I want all the time with my current wallet. I won't wate time running around to find them. (bugs)

Posted by Dexter

Can't get magic armor without a bigger wallet. You want to be a completist, don't you? Also, Agitha is worth it. Screw Zelda, Agitha's the one I'd like to link up with. Bug hunting's more enjoyable than Poe hunting anyway. They make helpful noises.

Posted by Zeta

TP had the worst sidequests ever. Getting all 24 bugs gets you a 1K Rupee wallet and 60 Poes gives you infinite Rupees? Yeah, sorry, the game is easy enough without toting around the Magic Armor; I need something more worthwhile than cash.

Posted by Dexter

The rewards you get for the sidequest are awfully organized, but the actual sidequest themselves can be enjoyable to undergo. I like hunting for bugs and Poes.

Posted by Xero

Do I absolutly have to get that armor? I just don't feel like warping to every city and run around every corner to looks for bugs =/

All I want right now is to get as many peices of heart as possible. So far I got about 25 of them.

Posted by Drewboy64

I've beaten Zelda and excite truck (except challenge mode), and i've beaten Metal Slug. I borrowed my neighbor's COD3 for wii and beat it and pretty much unlocked lots of stuff in his copy of wario ware (which I'll probably buy when the price drops).

Posted by Dexter

I just got 100% on Rayman Raving Rabbids. The remake of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" is catchy. The dancing mini-game was enjoyable. I wouldn't have minded if it was a little more difficult. Even though I am mini-gamed out, I enjoyed myself with this one. Incredibly simple fun. Still, the Wii has far too much mini-game filled games. Score mode gives it a little replay value, but not much. I still liked Trauma Center more, as a launch title. The Rabbids were rad characters. Nice yelling. I'd like to see more of them in the future.

Now I'm about to start TMNT. I've heard nothing but bad news about it so I'm not expecting much. I'm sure after this game and the film I'm going to have to watch the older films to recover.

Posted by Axis

Well I beat Zelda a while back but now the Wii is just collecting dust. That is, until April 9th. Then I'll be playing Super Paper Mario.

Posted by Dexter

I defeated TMNT. Awful game. Too repetitive. Run through levels using athletic abilities and fight enemies from time to time, with a few boss battles here and there. Too simple, not exciting, worse Turtle game I've played. Those old NES Turtle games are the best, specifically the first 2. Great challenge and arcade action. That's how I like my Turtle games. I'm going to have to play the oldies to recover. I'm still a little scared of watching the TMNT film.

Medal of Honor: Airborne is my next game.

Posted by RandomizeR

I still haven't gotten any new games. All I have is Zelda and Excite Truck...and I never did finish Excite Truck although I'm about prolly 3/4 thru the game

Posted by Dexter

I defeated Excite Truck enough. Earned the trucks, defeated the lunar/diamond track, etc. I didn't earn all the trophies nor did I conquer all the Challenges. I feel alright with what I did, though. I defeated it, just wasn't a perfectionist with it.

I finished Medal of Honor. Way too short. I did it all in one sitting and it only took me a little over 4 hours to do. They needed to turn the brightness up. Multiplayer would've been better with bigger levels, but it's still the best multiplayer that the Wii has when it comes to FPS. However, even with the lack of multiplayer, I'd still say Call of Duty 3 is the best FPS on the Wii.

Posted by Vbty3

Hey, Dexter if you beat Prince of Persia: Rival Swords could you tell me if it sux, rules, ok, or alright?

Posted by Dexter

Sure thing. I'll be going through that game after a few DS games and I'll add my thoughts soon after. I'm not expecting much from it, but who knows...

Posted by Colonel

I got the ***father:Blackhand the other day. I must say it's rather fun, and adictive.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vbty3: Hey, Dexter if you beat Prince of Persia: Rival Swords could you tell me if it sux, rules, ok, or alright?

It sucks. Horrible game, didn't even finish it. It was like a clone of TMNT, only worse because you didn't have the Turtle Brothers constantly saying lame things. The parkour elements were more annoying than fun and it grew old fast, especially if you've already played TMNT.

Posted by elle

Call of Duty 3. I usually like first-person shooters, but getting used to using the Wii remote is making me a little dizzy. I can't wait to buy Mario Strikers Charged.