******* ****ing ****

Posted by Lord of Spam

yeah, so the uber 8800 video card i was going to install? turns out it wont fit in ym ******* case. so **** it, midrange 7 series here i come.

on the plus side, 200 extra bux left over. CAN WE SAY POT BUYIN' TIME?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Buy a new case.

Posted by Lord of Spam

k, now that im not hurling profanities everywhere, let me clarify.

Its not that it wont fit in teh case. There's plenty of room in teh case. BUT, teh pci express slot (****ty mobo, only has one:/) is positioned so that once the 2 slot card is installed (if it will even fit at all) it will be touching or very close to a heatsink, and VERY close to the CPU.

Let me run taht by you one mroe time. A card that can hit 90c might be TOUCHING a heatsink and would be VERY close to the cpu. DO NOT WANT.

It was an overkill card anyway, so i dont really need it. What I got instead will be fine for now and is beaucoup cheaper. Plus, with what i saved, i bought one of those nifty FPS keyboards.

Yeah, I figured it was a motherboard thing and not the actual case.

Still though, it would be nice to have a directx 10 card, even if there's nothing to use it with.

Posted by Lord of Spam

chances are by the time theres DX10 games, ill upgrade the mobo and cpu, and put it in a decent case.

So a year from now? If not less? Money down the drain, son.

This is why I haven't bothered to build a new computer. I figure once I can commit to using Vista (six plus months away) I'll get myself something fancy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

*by the time most games are DX10

gonna be a while.