Raindrops Falling From My Eyes

Posted by Skitzo Control

Let's face it: people cry. Be it out of sadness, out of joy, out of regret, or when Bruce Willis gave his life in Armageddon. Not only the act of crying, but having reasons to shed a tear is often even worse.

Guys, lay down the "man banner" for a moment, girls, give us a reason to go, "Aw," at how cute you really can be. Tell all, people, when have you cried, and why?
---
I wish I could say that I rarely cry and lie. That's not the case. From memory, I can recall crying twice in my life. The first was when I was really young, and, let's face, if you didn't cry when Ol' Yeller died, you're a heartless bastard. The only reason I didn't cry when Billy lost Big Dan and Little Anne was because I was able to set the book down and take off to Hyrule for a while. And, lastly, I cried at the thought of losing my best friend.

Posted by Arcadios

I believe it was 3 years ago, I was on vacation in Guatemala and It was the last night we were going to be there. I was awake with my mother, grandmother and aunt. We were having a conversation about what would be the outcome of all we do in life and when I spoke of something extremely personal they couldn't help but giggle and laugh except my grandmother. I was a bit surprised and hurt because I thought they would relate more than anyone else. So I just drew a tear and then went to sleep. My grand mom was the only one who wasn't laughed and took my serious. I could never quite forget that. I was 13 at the time.

Edit: Click.
I watched it the first time in theaters with some friends and I cried a bit.
Recently me and my friend bought it and watched at my house, I really couldn't hold em back.
Thankfully, he didn't see me.
:(

Posted by G-Sides

my eyes watered up during roll bounce when bow wow and his dad were fighting :(

Posted by Ant

lol last time I cried was when my ex-girlfriend broke up with me. it sucked that's why i cried btw

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Jeez... I thought this was gonna be some ghey Emo poem when I read the title...

Posted by S

Quoting Kent Traffic Cop: Jeez... I thought this was gonna be some ghey Emo poem when I read the title...

Seconded, however this could still go awry. It could have some positive results too, though.

Last time I cried was when I had to make a big decision to finish a project that took me three years, and over fifty people to help accomplish. It was emotional for me because of a few reasons. I was so connected with every single person, but over time about half or more of them had left. It was sad to see everyone else break away over time. I didn't want it to end, but it really needed to for the sake of my own sanity, and other people's time as well. That's the last I remember, anyway.

Oh, and I teared up during What Dreams May Come.

Posted by ExoXile

Swedes never cry, it's snowflakes that comes falling down.

Seriously though.

When Heather(Cronoan if someone's still unaware of that) and I'd been talking over the net for about 8 months, we decided we couldn't wait anymore, but I had no money much less a card to get a ticket online.
And then, all of a sudden I got a call from a friend of dad's, and he needed help with work, so in span of 3 weeks I somehow managed to gather over a 1200$.
And that's not really the thing.

But what got me to tear up like a baby was that she paid for the ticket, without even thinking about it twice.

And because of that, now, 6 months later.
We've visited eachoter's twice, and from the first day we met it just clicked.

So now I'm moving the US, to try an live there with her. :)

That's more like, story of my life but it's the last time I really cried. :D

Posted by mis0

The last time I really cried was after high school graduation over the summer, because I knew things wouldn't be the same anymore, friends would go their seperate ways, and I'd be moving on too. I've had a few tears since, over a sad story, and such. But nothing that's really crying, anyway.

Posted by Iris

I used to cry a lot when I was much younger. Not so much anymore. I just get angry instead.

I've cried a few times recently though, but most were just a few tears from a movie or game or something. The last time I really cried was few years ago, when my cat got neutered. He kept hemorrhaging, I guess because the stitches wouldn't stay in. Since he was still really young, I had to keep both him and my other cat in a cage. I had to separate them though, since it would be unhealthy to keep them in the same one. I got a traveling cage and put one of my blankets that I used when I was like, 10, under him, for him to bleed on. After a week or so he never stopped hemorrhaging and I was so scared he was going to die. Just a few days later though, the wound healed on itself and he was okay.

Posted by Shade

Hm... I can't remember the last time I really cried. It might've been last year when somebody ****ed me off to the point that tears of rage were coming down.

And I do remember crying when Bruce Willis died at the end of Armegeddon. I was seven. That's a good movie, I think I'll go watch it now.

Posted by Zeta

Galuf dying in FF5. To hell with Aeris, Galuf was the saddest I've ever felt when a video game character died.

Also, that episode of Futurama about Fry's dog.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Zeta;533515]Also, that episode of Futurama about Fry's dog.
YES! That made me cry too, especially because of the music they used. :(

Posted by Omni

The only time I really remember crying is when my last girlfriend had to move back home with her family at the beginning of this year. I still talk to her, though.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Went through bad times years back, came out of it worse than I went in, now I bottle up my feelings and distance myself from the majority of things. So it's almost a case of not being able to cry due to being stuck in a habit/vicious circle of etc.

So, the last time I cried was when I bashed my head on a bike rack back in elementary. Good times. MAN BANNER GET

Posted by Arcadios

Too grim for such a thing called tears, eh?

Not really. LOL BAD EXPERIENCES

Posted by KoH

My friend cried after the first time he had sex. In his words:

"I cried after the first time I had sex..."

"Why? 'Cause you were sad about losing your virginity?"

"No, 'cause I was so bad at it."

Sadly, I laughed directly in his face without remorse. :(

I used to cry when I was a kid, quite a bit, sadly. :( But usually when I got into really heated fights. Yes, I was a pussy. Still could be but since I don't cry anymore I don't really know. I never have once cried out of actual sadness or sorrow, more just the "heat of the moment," so to speak.

And how can such a quote of such a great song without an exerpt of said song?

"IT'S THE HEEAAAT OF THE MOMEEENTTT!!! Telling me what your heart meant!!!! Heat of the moment shone in your eyes!!!!!"

Posted by Zeta

Grim people cry hail, not tears.

Posted by Dexter

I cry at least once a week. Alone or with people. I make other people cry when I cry.

Posted by Xenos

Being raised in a counter culture, crying is strictly forbidden in my household. I never, ever cry in public [as least as much as I can help it]. Of all the times I ever felt to cry, I would run up to the top floor of the building and sit there and just stare off and sob to myself since I've always felt awkward with being emotional in front of people face to face.

Ironically, the times that I do cry in public is when I laugh, and considering how often and hard I laugh, its not really a rare occasion; another instance would be when I am sleeping ... strangely enough, I wake up and realize there are tears all over the pillow. I suppose I had a nightmare earlier.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Kent Traffic Cop;533452]Jeez... I thought this was gonna be some ghey Emo poem when I read the title...Check out the Dee Clark song, man!

Posted by G-Sides

just because i don't feel like editing, imma say

i remember crying when i was younger at the pokemon episode where ash tries to make pikachu stay behind with all those other pikachu.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Arms: just because i don't feel like editing, imma say

i remember crying when i was younger at the pokemon episode where ash tries to make pikachu stay behind with all those other pikachu.

Bye Bye Butterfree. :(

Posted by Auto Rock

I am a very emotional guy and cry more than a lot of you do. Last couple of BIG things that I cried over was having my current girlfriend break up with me over drugs. Not because she wanted to do them more than be with me but I was doing them and she didn't like that to much. Also with her, before we started going out, she had sex with a guy that promised her a relationship and they didn't end up going out. He used her for sex, and it was her first time. It makes me so mad and sad thinking about it. I think about it a lot :( but now she is back with me so I am happy about that :)

Posted by Noir

I bottle up my feelings alot, and always have since I was young, despite people telling me it's unhealthy. I just can't help it. The last time I remember crying, though...visiting my uncle's grave for the first time. He was 27 when he died of cancer, and it just kinda hit me when I actually saw the tombstone with flowers and his picture. To top it all off, his grave was next to a 2-year-old little girl's, so that didnt help either. I was trying to hide my face so no one could see my tears. I don't know why I was embarrassed.
Oh! And when I saw these two movies...Million Dollar Baby and Ponette.
EDIT: And La Haine.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't cry a lot, not 'cause I have a man banner, but because I'm really a dispassionate/nonexpressive person. Sometimes books or movies will get me... offhand, I remember crying when Helen died in Jane Eyre (I want to say Chapter Nine). Also, listening to nostolgic music will sometimes give me the feeling of crying without actually jerking any tears.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Zeta: Bye Bye Butterfree. :(

That one got me goin'.
He left Ash for that whore of pink Butterfree. :'(

Posted by Arcadios

When I was like 9 I cried when the kid in [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazaam]Kazaam[/url] died. It was during a dinner party my parent's were hosting.
My mom came in the room and saw me crying.

Posted by Dexter

I cry during anime more than actual films. Kaleido Star and A Little Snow Fairy Sugar gets me all the time. Exaggerated emotions does it for me and anime provides plenty of that.

Posted by Shade

I cried when I finished the Love Hina anime, because it wasn't much of an ending, so I thought there was more. BUT THERE WASN'T.

Posted by Arcadios

I get the feeling to cry every time I hear Nas' Dance.
Since it's a song dedicated to his mother who passed away.
I kinda put my mother in the song at times.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Man, I never realized there were so many pussies on this site. :p: JK
---
I almost cried the other night after I read a letter from my dad. I haven't heard from my family in almost 6 months. I didn't come close because of sadness, I am just so happy to be away from them.

Posted by maian

I've always cried a lot more than a lot of people I know. I used to cry over tons of things, but it is a lot rarer now. But, I don't in that. In my opinion, it doesn't make me a wuss. I think it's a better way to let out emotions when things build up too much. It helps, a lot.

Anyway, last time I cried was when I became dangerously close to losing my best friend. The feeling of loss, especially with a relationship, is a horrible one.

Posted by Slade

Last time I had a good cry was when I read through this huge stack of letters and notes given to me by a girl who I used to be involved with. She has probably been the single most influential person in my life, but at a point I just decided not to speak to her anymore because no matter what she wanted more than I was cool with giving. Also, immature, etc. I just read through them thinking about how I was just being an enabler for her neediness the entire 2.5 years or something I spent thinking about no one but her, losing trust from a lot of people, and generally making life a living hell for myself.

Basically, I was crying out of shame.

Posted by Raptor

I don't believe any film, music, or moment of beauty has ever made me cry. Brought a few tears out of my eyes, sure, but not to the point of crying. I rarely ever cry; maybe two or three times a year, and that's only when I am completely overcome by something extremely distressing. And of course it has nothing to do with acting "manly." I'm just hardly effusive and am not one to show much emotion at all most of the time in public. It's kind of peculiar that way, because I am an extremely sensitive and emotional individual; I just don't care to show it. I don't think I bottle it up by not crying, either; I have my own methods of releasing the pressure. cutcutslashlmao. Nah, a long walk in the moonlight full of contemplation and reconnecting with nature is usually what eases my mind when it becomes troubled and cleanses my mind of all the garbage it inadvertently picks up through daily interactions with the human world.

I love those Kleenex commercials that try to persuade you to cry more often so they can sell more facial tissues.

Posted by Ant

[quote=maian]Anyway, last time I cried was when I became dangerously close to losing my best friend. The feeling of loss, especially with a relationship, is a horrible one.

Yeah, that was basically the reason for the last time I cried as well. I really do hate the feeling of crying though in itself. It feels at the time the most pathetic thing to do. But, if that's what the body wants to do. Then, by golly gee, it should be let out, if the situation permits.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dont really cry. I'm more likely to just go nuts and cry out of unexpressable anger than I am out of sadness.

also, SPOILERS MANG>:0

Suddenly, the fivehead is explained. Build-up of being a *****.