Ghost Rider.

Posted by Tyler Durden

So, it's a solid week away. Who's ready to see Nicholas Cake take his turn in destroying yet, another comic book character?

Posted by Bebop

What was the first comic character he destroyed?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

LIKING THE NEW NAME

And no, I'm not ready. When I first heard of the film I was possibly more excited for it than any other comic movie. Then I heard about Cage... then I heard about everything else... then I saw pictures and trailers... now I'm just weeping for yet another destroyed comic movie.

Posted by Arcadios

I wouldn't really watch it even if I got in for free.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I think it looks awesome. I cant wait to see it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote]LIKING THE NEW NAME

And no, I'm not ready. When I first heard of the film I was possibly more excited for it than any other comic movie. Then I heard about Cage... then I heard about everything else... then I saw pictures and trailers... now I'm just weeping for yet another destroyed comic movie.
I'm going to see it, solely for the fact the the character dimensions and aspects are based upon the Ennis/Crain brainchild, Ghost Rider: The Road To ****ation. Which is a superb read, visually stunning.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Lobo_Rules/GRtrtd.jpg[/IMG]
How could Nick' Cage ruin this? Oh yeah, he took the part.. riiiiight.

And thanks, you. I like the new name too. :cool:

[quote]I think it looks awesome. I cant wait to see it.
Impressive special effects and ****ty dialog go hand-in hand now? Only in a Cage flick.

[quote]What was the first comic character he destroyed?
I was spaking of the entire line of recent comics-to films. Everything from Daredevil, to Blade. Not just simply put on Nicholas Cage alone. Every single comic book that has touched a silverscreen, that has been violated, molested, mutilated, and utterly raped by HollyWood.

WHY CAN NO ONE GET THE PUNISHER RIGHT? IT'S GOTTA BE THE EASIEST COMIC TO ADAPT

Posted by boomstick

I saw the teaser in theaters and I was like woah, that looks great and then I saw the TV spots and I thought, wow, that looks considerably less awesome

Posted by boomstick

Well, I just got back from the film, I enjoyed it, much better then I expected, after all was said and done and the movie came to a close I kinda had the sense that it could've be better, but still, worth a watch, perhaps a buy on DVD later

Posted by Shade

Just got back from seeing it. The only bad things about it was that the action sequences were waaaay too short, and the whole romance part was kinda rushed.

But Eva Mendez was hot as hell. lol pun

Posted by MetalVox~55

Lets just say that the only good thing about this movie had to deal with eye candy, not action/storyline.

Posted by Dexter

Johnny Blaze has a better chance at making Nicolas Cage look bad instead of Nicolas Cage making Johnny Blaze look bad. Nicolas Cage is a fine actor. Watch him in Adaptation, Peggy Sue Got Married, or Snake Eyes. Good performances.

Ghost Rider was decent. Better than I expected, but I expected very little. I got excited when I saw Wes Bentley, but I thought his whole deal was terrible. I've had little exposure to the comics, so idk.

Bring on Ghost Rider 2!

Posted by Tyler Durden

Eh, better than I expected. Posing Wes Bentley as Black Heart was somewhat incredible. Cage seemed natural in the role of Johnny Blaze, yet very dislocated at points. Sam Elliott as Caretaker, he was a bit quirky.. Eva Mendez kind of took away bits from the sole reason I went to see it, because I couldn't keep my eyes off her. :cool:

Posted by Dexter

I liked her better in My Brother the Pig. Her and Scarlett Johansson made an excellent team.

And I've only really liked Wes as Ricky Fitts.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter;538409]And I've only really liked Wes as Ricky Fitts.

Word, I can also repsect him for taking on the role of Black Heart.

Posted by Dexter

idk. I don't think he's even that great of an actor. I've seen him in a few things and he isn't too impressive. Still, with his position, I probably would've taken the role too. It would be fun.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Down The Sun: I was spaking of the entire line of recent comics-to films. Everything from Daredevil, to Blade. Not just simply put on Nicholas Cage alone. Every single comic book that has touched a silverscreen, that has been violated, molested, mutilated, and utterly raped by HollyWood.

Sin City, V for Vendetta, 300, XMen, etc. OHNOES THEY DIDNT STAY PERFECTLY 100% TRUE TO THE BOOKS WAH:crying:

I think it looks pretty good, and I'm looking forward to it. I think Cage has done some good work before, and dont think he'll **** this up.

Hated it.

Posted by temari

Quoting Down The Sun: So, it's a solid week away. Who's ready to see Nicholas Cake take his turn in destroying yet, another comic book character?

it was very horrible. i saw it, sat in the front row, and became more intranced with my boogers, than the movie.

Posted by Oforia

Holy ****, that was the definition of corny.

Eva Mendez is hot and all, but she needs to learn how to button up a ****ing shirt.

Posted by Dexter

Best parts:

Girl: "Do you think I'm pretty?"
Boy: "Meh"

Girl: "Jesus Christ"
Boy: "Not even close"

Boy: 'He may have my soul, but he doesn't have my spirit'
The entire theater were all "awwwww" at that one.

Oh, and Ricky Fitts.

Posted by Bebop

There were only 2 good things about this film: Eva's tits.

Comic book adaptions are cheesey anyway but this film took cheese to a lower level. It had the look and feel of a rejected Buffy episode the whole way through. Complete turd.

Posted by Naoko

this movie was the defintion of horrible, nicholas cage shouldn't protrai anymore super heros he should just stick with the mellow roles, like most old men.

Quoting temari: it was very horrible. i saw it, sat in the front row, and became more intranced with my boogers, than the movie.

gross.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Why talk about a film that hasn't been in theaters for almost a month? **** n00bs, and late bloomers..