Rap Metal/Rapcore

Posted by Omni

Bands such as Rage Against The Machine and Faith No More fall into this genre. As the name implies, it's not quite the same thing as hip-hop. The music is more based around that of traditional hard rock or heavy metal, and the lyrics may have a more verses structure than some rap songs, but are still delivered in a traditional rapping style. A lot of it is also influenced by the rhythm and beats of funk rock and contains the use of samples. It was fairly popular throughout the 90's.

Posted by Arcadios

....Wouldn't Linkin Park be apart of this genre.
*Shrugs*

Posted by Omni

Yeah, but I didn't include them because they're too successful and they blow. They're not nearly as good as the ones I did name, and they're also not as traditionally hip-hop oriented, especially compared to RATM.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

ALSO KNOWN AS NU-METAL AND INCLUDES SUCH BANDS AS SLIPKNOT, LINKIN PARK, AND KORN

The only decent rap metal is a few songs from Pain of Salvation.

Posted by Omni

A lot of them aren't really that similar to each other, but Vampiro is right.

Most bands within a given genre aren't that similar. Music genres aren't just one thing anymore since there's been so much music that came before any given band leading to massive gaps in influences. That coupled with the fact that kids have a wider range of taste leads to bands branching off and reaching farther in hopes of capturing more (or excluding more) people. You can't just put out a rock song anymore it seems. So rock isn't really rock and rap metal isn't really rap metal anymore. The root of any genre is still there though, that's why you can define both PoS and Slipknot as rap metal, even though they have just about nothing in common.

Posted by Sterling

INSANE CLOW POSSE.

what a bunch of fags.

on my ipod

Posted by WackoHater2

I like all of the ones Vamp hates. Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Rage Against the Machine, etc.

Eh, I don't mind Slipknot. You just have no taste in music.

Posted by Omni

You listen to just about anything anything we here at VGC tell you is good, so you get credit for that, Panic. Queen, for example.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You just have no taste in music.

Period, end of discussion, etc. I LOL'd.

Posted by Sterling

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/Jerronoz/mikeshinoda.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=7]HAY GUYZ DOEZ FORT MINOR COUNT?[/SIZE]